• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 22, 2018
The fox one looks really good imo. Bowser just looks weird though. Is he going to do all of the characters? Or just a selection?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, what? That Samus clearly has masculine features. Look at that wide torso and shoulders and the reduced chest space.

You say that like women can't have broader and more muscular shoulders, torsos etc. Not that you could even tell in armour anyway. Perhaps you're too used to unrealistically proportioned, tight fitted and sexualised female character designs prevalent in much media and many games, especially JRPG's etc, because there's nothing in that Samus design that indicates it can't be a woman.

221df76e1b523ae74b6af4b6a80eafc5.jpg

5e4922d53638e04155de5bab721fec56.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does Fox fit inside the cockpit of his Arwing?
1_bsxlnlsozmbexs59p88eda2.jpeg

The fox one looks really good imo. Bowser just looks weird though. Is he going to do all of the characters? Or just a selection?
seems like he'll do a few more at least. he's doing one a day, so he's making them pretty quickly.
there's no way he'll do everyone. ain't nobody got time to do the 34 same-ish looking fire emblem characters.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Featuring Kate Blanchett as Link.

Sorry, what? That Samus clearly has masculine features. Look at that wide torso and shoulders and the reduced chest space.

"Buff women aren't women", never change Era. Also, you realize she's wearing a freaking metal plate armor, right? It would be literally impossible to tell who's beneath it, unless you think it's form fitting and she has shoulders like William Birking and a chest ending in a single point.

My only issue is that the helmet is far too small to house a person's head, unless she's like this dude from Beetlejuice:
tenor.gif

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Sexist rhetoric over a series of posts; previous severe infractions
Featuring Kate Blanchett as Link.

"Buff women aren't women", never change Era. Also, you realize she's wearing a freaking metal plate armor, right? It would be literally impossible to tell who's beneath it, unless you think it's form fitting and she has shoulders like William Birking and a chest ending in a single point.

My only issue is that the helmet is far too small to house a person's head, unless she's like this dude from Beetlejuice:
tenor.gif
Don't be obtuse. If you didn't know Samus was a girl already you'd think that character was male too. If he wanted to draw a "buff woman" and show it, Zero Suit Samus exists.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Not a fan, even though I loved GoWs artstyle, but nevertheless impressive work.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely horrible. It just goes to show how top of the class Nintendo art designers are.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I would think a realistic depiction of fox would be buff as real world fighter pilots have to be in top physical condition to fly.

The proportions of his fox interpretation reminds me of the Blacksad comics.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
While they don't match up with Nintendo's model of the characters, they're technically very good.

I think Marth and the FE crew in his art style will look awesome.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I...well, Samus looks OK, and Link is fine as far as a realistic take goes, but Fox and Bowser look awful.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Don't be obtuse. If you didn't know Samus was a girl already you'd think that character was male too. If he wanted to draw a "buff woman" and show it, Zero Suit Samus exists.

You mean just like when Metroid came out and no one knew Samus was a woman? It is a person in power armor, sometimes you can't tell and that is fine.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Does this guy know that Samus is a woman?

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Also to anyone saying "lol samus can't be a woman in that" the Varia suit clearly rebuilds her DNA or some shit to get her arms into the places they've always been. The Varia suit relies on those extremely broad shoulders to work from a silhouette point-of-view. No human, man or woman, could ever fit into the Varia suit as its ever been designed in any of the Metroid games. I love its alien proportions.

duWWu.jpg

But yeah, this fanart is p ugly.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
"Reduced chest space" 😭

You really have no idea how armor works, do you?

Also, complaining that the torso is too wide while also complaining that the "chest space" is too small?😂

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...Have you ever seen Samus before? Her suit isn't even anatomically possible for a human being to fit and move in because of how wide the torso is.

18d73d167166ba58e294aa63f342a4ab.png

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not being able to tell is no fault of the design. There's no reason for it to be overt or at all indicative of gender. Boob armor and whatnot are dumb, bad design cliches.