Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Since this keeps coming up. Not AutoHDR.

Ahh got beat on this. Anyway can we just have people accept that DF gave extra time and effort to the XBox platform instead of trying to say it's because it was easier. There is nothing wrong with them doing it since they are a FP studio now.

There's nothing wrong with it per sé but it's still very weird that even the Game Pass version on PC isn't getting it then.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Hmm 4K vs 1440p is a tough one. I like detail buttt i dont sit close enough to justify it. On the other hand, 60 fps already feel's pretty damn good but 120 is just so fluid.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be playing this on Series S, but I'm glad to see the PS5 backcompat version is improved.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Have they commented on a real PS5 port down the line? I'm guessing it's not happening but it would be nice.

Rincewind81

Aug 20, 2019
Frankly, it sucks. If you decide to release your game on a specific plattform offer the best version of your game possible. They charge 60€ and offer the lowest effort possible for the Playstation version. I really don't care that DF is a Microsoft Company now, that's just bad business.

Bucca

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, it sucks. If you decide to release your game on a specific plattform offer the best version of your game possible. They charge 60€ and offer the lowest effort possible for the Playstation version. I really don't care that DF is a Microsoft Company now, that's just bad business.

this is a very weird post

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's $60 everywhere. The graphical fidelity settings are identical outside of resolution across every platform. Xbox gets HDR and 120hz modes. There was never a PS5 edition on the works, so frankly PS5 players are fortunate they get a 60 fps option. It's not like it looks bad at 1440/60 either.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of HDR on PS4 versions was also a thing with Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Walking Dead: The Final Season. The latter was very weird as both versions came out at the same time.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It's $60 everywhere. The graphical fidelity settings are identical outside of resolution across every platform. Xbox gets HDR and 120hz modes. There was never a PS5 edition on the works, so frankly PS5 players are fortunate they get a 60 fps option. It's not like it looks bad at 1440/60 either.

It's actually fortunate that the game is coming out now and got that 2020 delay, otherwise it probably wouldn't even have the 60fps option since Sony improved their PS5 BC solution only post-launch.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
It's actually fortunate that the game is coming out now and got that 2020 delay, otherwise it probably wouldn't even have the 60fps option since Sony improved their PS5 BC solution only post-launch.
60 fps support for BC games was there at launch.

That's how I finished Ghost of Tsushima when I was done with Astrobot and Miles Morales.

You're probably thinking of the SDK update that allows 120 fps, which is not being utilized for Psychonauts 2.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Exclusive hdr is some major bullshit, oh well 4k 120 with a 3080 hopefully lol. Or close to it.

Edit: oh just auto hdr nevermind

Last edited:

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they have released a really good PS4 version. They aren't required to support another platform that they did not promise to investors. Yeah it sucks to not get the loading improvements from a native port but they did at least allow it to improve when played on a PS5.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
60 fps support for BC games was there at launch.

That's how I finished Ghost of Tsushima when I was done with Astrobot and Miles Morales.

You're probably thinking of the SDK update that allows 120 fps, which is not being utilized for Psychonauts 2.

Yeah, actually you're right, I was just thinking 'doubled framerate', but that's clearly not the entire thing.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
They promised a PS4 version in the fundraiser and they delivered. Not sure what more you expect

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Are you on about HDR? That's missing on Xbox One, too.
Have they commented on a real PS5 port down the line? I'm guessing it's not happening but it would be nice.
That's not happening iirc, unless something changed. The game was promised during crowd funding for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Thus PS4 got included after the acquisition. PS5 however was never part of the promise.

Last edited:

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
get Windows Insider build and use AutoHDR. problem solved
Apart from the fact that not everyone wants to use an insider build in their daily driver, problem still not solved.
A competent native HDR implementation will always trump an automatic solution.

I hope they add HDR to the gamepass version. We should kindly ask them to do so on social media (i.e. no death threats, swatting and doxxing, please).

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Not happening.

They promised backers a ps4 version before MS owned them. They never promised anyone a PS5 version.

It runs 60fps through back compatibility though, so ps5 owners arent missing out that much.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

They promised a ps4 version and they delivered that, not sure what you expected more.

I mean sure they can go the extra mile and optimize for the fifth but does MS really want that being their competitor and all.

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how well optimized this game is on PC. I'm running it on my 6700k/1070GTX machine and I'm still able to get 4k resolution on high with 100+ FPS.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's crazy how well optimized this game is on PC. I'm running it on my 6700k/1070GTX machine and I'm still able to get 4k resolution on high with 100+ FPS.
Strange how resolution scaling defaults to 50% though, even when selecting the Very High preset. I thought I'd set my resolution wrong because I was sure it didn't look anything like native 4k, then I realised the scale was at 50%.

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Strange how resolution scaling defaults to 50% though, even when selecting the Very High preset. I thought I'd set my resolution wrong because I was sure it didn't look anything like native 4k, then I realised the scale was at 50%.
Ohhh, hmm I'll have to check that but if it's by default it's probably on 50%, so that might be why it's running so well.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Not happening.

They promised backers a ps4 version before MS owned them. They never promised anyone a PS5 version.

It runs 60fps through back compatibility though, so ps5 owners arent missing out that much.
Also that costs extra money from MS to support for little to no gain. Adding platforms isn't free and I'm guessing PS5 owners who want the game purchase it regardless of native support especially with the 60 FPS already there.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People choosing 120 over 60 fps are nuts. On a controller, I can barely tell any difference. Where as the res drop is noticeable straight away.

I've now tried 120fps on many games and it's overrated as hell. At least on console.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
After playing on 120 for awhile, i can certanly see the judder and slowness going back to 60, its a real pickle.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I think this looks great on everything tbh. As someone who will most likely play it on PS5, I can't complain at all.
this is a very weird post
While I don't agree in this case, it's not a weird position to take. Imagine if Sony San Diego made just an Xbox One version of MLB. That would seem really petty.

Last edited:

Gero

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People choosing 120 over 60 fps are nuts. On a controller, I can barely tell any difference. Where as the res drop is noticeable straight away.

I've now tried 120fps on many games and it's overrated as hell. At least on console.

I feel the same way. The fidelity drop in games to achieve 120fps on console are not worth the sacrifice. 30 to 60 fps is waaay more noticeable

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
120FPS can actually improve motion resolution, depending on your display, and reduces latency. To each their own.