• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Bleh. Hate how common global releases have become, they're a bit shitty for folks towards the eastern side of Europe (and further east, I'd imagine).

I'm obviously insanely excited for Psychonauts 2, but I might wait until the weekend before I really dive in.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this. I backed the Fig thing originally but then the cancelled my pledge when I tried to get it switched from PC to PS4. Wouldn't re-instate it which sucked. Still, looking forward to playing this, loved the first game so hope it lives up to it.

Nov 8, 2017
I have absolutely no problems with the way the game controls.
It's more than smooth, precise and responsive enough and animations are on point with the style.

I consider it about 70% there. The biggest thing in a platformer is that movement / traversal should be fun, and I don't think Raz' moveset was as fun as it should have felt. Jump and double jump felt weak, his running speed was kinda low. They add levitation to boost speed, but it's extremely slippery, which irritated me because now I'm spending a large percentage of the game in a very imprecise and floaty state because the advantages are too good to ignore (and you need to use it in many places obviously too).

I also have never been a fan of dynamic mapping for powers. I think the game should have been designed in such a way that certain powers were contextual and built and/or the core controls rather than you juggling 3 buttons.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT + amazing thread title, I had a good laugh when I saw it. I've got the game pre-installed via Game Pass in case the backer codes are late. Cant wait!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I hope someone publishes a performance review soon. Currently I only have a base PS4. I'm planning on getting an XSX at some point, if this plays fine on PS4 I'll hold off but if if struggles at all I might consider either getting an Xbox sooner than planned or just waiting to play this.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
Do I need to play the first game to understand this one? Would be nice to have this information in the OP as I'm probably not the only one wondering that.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
I hope someone publishes a performance review soon. Currently I only have a base PS4. I'm planning on getting an XSX at some point, if this plays fine on PS4 I'll hold off but if if struggles at all I might consider either getting an Xbox sooner than planned or just waiting to play this.

It should be Series X at this point. 4K60 in-game (or maybe 1440p120 if that's the 120hz mode that's selectable), output in a 1080p stream.

damn, sucks that xcloud can't do higher than 1080p.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Do I need to play the first game to understand this one? Would be nice to have this information in the OP as I'm probably not the only one wondering that.

There's a recap at the beggining of the 2, but still it's a narrative plataforma. It's recommended to play the first one and know the characters, etc.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
""Its a kinda of game that only comes arround to scan a few times per console generation. In a industry that sometimes feels like its just regurgitating the same cynical product repeatedly. Psychonauts 2 is a beaming ray of unbridled imagination.""

Lets go

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
I've seen this, but is PS4 locked 30fps? And what are the other differences? I'm sure there's different textures, maybe different draw distances, etc. This chart doesn't give any detail of how the versions differ beyond frame rate and resolution.
im guessing its just framerate, res and HDR honestly. The game looks stylistically good but not super demanding. Wait for DF of course though

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Really looking forward to the performance breakdown on Series X and S from Digital Foundry

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
I probably would never have been excited for this game, since I missed the first, and at a glance it didn't appeal to me. But because it was launching on Gamepass, I figured what the hell I'll play the first to see if I'd be interested in the sequel, and the first was catapulted to the top of my list of favorite platformers and even games in general. Very few games can boast of such a variety of content. Now this is one of my most hyped games, and I absolutely cannot wait!

Same here!

Super excited for this. Replaying psyconauts right now. Just finished Milla's level...
The secret place in her level with the burning children always freaks me out

Yep. Heavy stuff

Funny, I'm playing through the first and am astounded at how well it holds up

I agree. I feel the variety so fresh and enjoyable

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta replay the first game, is Steam version the best way to play it? Any remasters or such elsewhere? (I have all systems)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta replay the first game, is Steam version the best way to play it? Any remasters or such elsewhere? (I have all systems)
Today's the last day it's on sale on Xbox. It's on sale on Steam until Wednesday.
Remember the first game is still on sale for 99 cents on Steam and Xbox Store until tomorrow.
store.steampowered.com

Psychonauts on Steam

A Psychic Odyssey Through the Minds of Misfits, Monsters, and Madmen. This classic action/adventure platformer from acclaimed developers Double Fine Productions follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin.
www.microsoft.com

Buy Psychonauts - Microsoft Store

A PSYCHIC ODYSSEY THROUGH THE MINDS OF MISFITS, MONSTERS, AND MADMEN

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
GrrImAFridge the wait must have become unbearable after all the review scores for you haha

I'm getting drunk tonight so I'll be hungover tomorrow and can wake up fresh and ready on Wednesday morning (the game unlocks at 8am here). It's the perfect plan!

maxresdefault.jpg