Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Just finished the first level and wow, the level of polish is just outstanding. Doesn't feel like the usual Double Fine jank haha.

I just finished Psychonauts the day before yesterday, so coming into this has been something for sure. It all feels so fresh and smooth and shiny now!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
What's up with the dude you can clairvoyance in the main area of the mother lode who sees you as a
crazed lunatic with bacon floating everywhere? I tried collecting the bacon but it doesn't seem like you can?

Very minor spoilers for early in the game, just spoilering for people going in completely blind.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This game is such a joy to play, god damn! I was interested, but the quality/creativity/fun of this game caught me off guard.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any differences between the version on the Microsoft Store and the Steam version? I know that the MS version of Forza Horizon 4 supports controller features not found in the Steam version (impulse triggers), not sure if the same thing is happening here.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Is this game stuttering a little for anyone else on PC (Gamepass)? I have a 3080 and an i9 processor, so I thought I should be able to run something like this at max settings, but I find that there's just a slight stutter whenever I whip the camera around.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Wow. I'm a few hours in. This game is something special. I haven't felt like this about a platformer since maybe Banjo on the N64.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
This game is so fucking awesome. Just beat the first real boss a couple hours in. Got slightly slow after the intro mission then kicked right back up. It's so wonderfully creative and gorgeous. They nailed it and if the rest of the game is this good it's definitely one of the best of the year.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game stuttering a little for anyone else on PC (Gamepass)? I have a 3080 and an i9 processor, so I thought I should be able to run something like this at max settings, but I find that there's just a slight stutter whenever I whip the camera around.
There are complaints about this on the Steam forum. I know, I know. But they're talking about some kind of Unreal Engine 4 shader issue. Like, it stutters when a new effect happens for the first time.

(I don't have the game, just researching before possibly picking it up)

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'm just geeking and all I've done is start the intro/tutorial stuff.

I'm so glad they got to make the game they wanted, it's such a treat.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
taking this slow since i'm not tryna beat this after waiting over 15 years. but fuck this game is good.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only stutters Ive noticed are what seem like level load stutters (so they happen during what is usually at the start of a cut scene)

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Did this launch early? I thought it was suppose to be out tomorrow (Thursday).
Played for about 3 hours, just an absolute joy to play. Can't wait to get back into it tomorrow.

No, it was a Wednesday release.
Shit....heading upstairs to my Gameroom in the next 15 minutes then!!!! Been looking forward to this for a long time!

Nov 8, 2017
It's bugged, when it's on "please wait" use the mouse and click on back, you can login the. It's probably going to get stuck in a white screen, close the game and open it again and it should be logged on Xbox Live.

Ok turns out you just can't do it with a gamepad.

I also wish I'd known about this earlier, because now I've only started getting some achievements on xbox since I started prior to connecting. It did seem to unlock the "Get 2nd rank" one retrospectively, but not the story progress ones. Darnit.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm missing from the first game is being able to walk around holding items and get unique dialogue from every NPC, which is the most inane complaint possible.

This game is borderline perfect. I'm so fucking happy.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Is there supposed to be an intern orientation scene? It was my current objective to attend it, but I went into the director's room first and got the mission to go to the post room, and then room where I assume the orientation takes place was empty. Did I miss it or is that how it's supposed to go?

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one getting occasional stuttering on the PC version. Hopefully it is something that'll be fixed soon

Nov 8, 2017
Is there a way to put the levitation ball below you when you're holding it like a balloon? In the OG game you could switch between the two with a button press but I think that's not included anymore.

Nov 8, 2017
There's an option in accessibility settings

I'll have a look later but I don't follow why that would be an accessibility setting, haha. I thought it was just a design change where now the "on ground levitation" and "in air levitation" were entirely seperate instead of things you could swap between mid jump. It doesn't really change the balance of the game much its just an instinct I had from the previous one.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Never payed the first but I can't seem to get this game out of my mind with all the positive reviews, not to mention the game itself looks very unique.

I have a PS5, so it will be in b/c mode . Haven't seen much ( or very little) footage of it running on PS5, just a few comparison videos, but looks nice, 60 FPS is a bonus!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Seriously considering getting a Series S just for this (and Game Pass of course).

The first one holds a very special place in my mind. I can't believe they got to make a sequel so many years later.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Is there supposed to be an intern orientation scene? It was my current objective to attend it, but I went into the director's room first and got the mission to go to the post room, and then room where I assume the orientation takes place was empty. Did I miss it or is that how it's supposed to go?

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one getting occasional stuttering on the PC version. Hopefully it is something that'll be fixed soon

There's no orientation. You just get hazed, go to Hollins, and then the mailroom.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
I will say that the game is funny and charming. I laughed out loud a few times which is not somethings games usually make me do.

That old LucasArts DNA is still there.

Last edited:

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty positive impressions in here. It's making me want to skip replaying 1 and just jump into 2.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
Adoring the game so far. Only a couple hours in but can't wait to get back at it tomorrow. I spent so much time in the hub exploring every little detail. Loving the little touches in this game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The people responsible for the controls should be proud of themselves. Haven't played a game that controlled this smooth in a while.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Just finished second major area of game. Yeah this is most deff up there for me with RE8 for GOT. Game is so damn polished and runs amazingly on the XSX. Was finally able to stop playing lol, can't wait to dive back in tomorrow.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah there's a quick recap and the quality is just so good in this game. There's references and little inside jokes calling back to the first but it's not critical.

Side note my literal only gripe is I wish I could dodge quicker as I get locked in to melee attacks and can't dodge away from heavy censors lol