• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Cant fucking check out and I can't sign in anywhere else

Bought a membership and sat there for an hour refreshing for this crap

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Do we know when stores will have PS5's in store for walk in customers? Because I'm tired of trying to fight with bots and scammers online.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Friend on Bj's like

EnfJMmxVkAQgCuj

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
Trying to add a PS5 on their site using my phone is like playing a bad flash game - the cart keeps moving all over the place.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
I just want to say, regardless of when we all get our systems....FUCK SCALPERS. This is their fucking fault, well most of it is. Fuck 'em

beanybody

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I made it 24 hours without a cancellation email. Does it mean anything? Probably not. To all my fellow Kohl's survivors, I hope tomorrow brings us good news.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Nevermind, just got one.
GOGOGOG

Yes!!!!

BJ's finally working. Man I fought that site all night

Yeah this one was rough and took 2.5 hours. Hopefully it isn't another Kohl's situation. At least it went quick once the site came back up, so that gives me hope. Still won't be able to rest until it ships...

I miss the days of hanging out in a parking lot overnight, playing games and going on snack runs knowing you'll leave the next morning with a system in your hand.

Last edited:

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Me and a friend did it once, to get a Wii. Not overnight, we got in line at a store at 12pm or 1pm, were like 20th in line, and at midnight got our Wiis (the store had 100 of them - a lot of people in the back of the line got turned away). Sure, it was cold and wet, but it was a fun experience, hanging with other gamers, shooting the breeze, playing DS games and Magic. My friend's girlfriend would periodically come and give us warm drinks. It was like a mini PAX, it was great.

I'd say that's way better, way less frustrating, than getting a console this year, thanks to the scalpers. I *got* mine, coming tomorrow, and I'm still not happy with the way it's handed. In large part because I'm the *only* one of my friends to manage to get a console, but also because I had to fight to get it, came close and kept losing until finally got a break at Costco.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Me and a friend did it once, to get a Wii. Not overnight, we got in line at a store at 12pm or 1pm, were like 20th in line, and at midnight got our Wiis (the store had 100 of them - a lot of people in the back of the line got turned away). Sure, it was cold and wet, but it was a fun experience, hanging with other gamers, shooting the breeze, playing DS games and Magic. His girlfriend would periodically come and give us warm drinks. It was like a mini PAX.

I'd say that's way better, way less frustrating, than getting a console this year, thanks to the scalpers. I *got* mine, coming tomorrow, and I'm still not happy with the way it's handed. In large part because I'm the *only* one of my friends to manage to get a console.
Between the previous console launches, iPhones, and BF deals, I am glad we are done with the sometimes 12-16 hour lineups. Corona this year really exaggerated the issues with pre-ordering and launch in general, but even then the amount of resellers getting systems is a tiny amount compared to customers. Demand is just that much higher this time around.

Most people in my groups got theirs pre-ordering on the first day.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
but even then the amount of resellers getting systems is a tiny amount compared to customers. Demand is just that much higher this time around.
I totally disagree there. I'd say resellers are getting 90% of them using bots. I mean, I've seen lists of over a hundred units bought by *one person*. I'd bet if scalpers weren't a thing, this console release would have gone fairly smoothly - some people will still have not have gotten theirs until December, but most enthusiasts who went to the effort would have gotten theirs by launch day.

Right now, a week after launch, there are almost 12,000 PS5's on eBay. Imagine how many were on eBay on launch day. And that's only counting eBay.

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I totally disagree there. I'd say resellers are getting 90% of them using bots. I mean, I've seen lists of over a hundred units bought by *one person*. I'd bet if scalpers weren't a thing, this console release would have gone fairly smoothly - some people have not have gotten theirs until December, but most enthusiasts who went to the effort would have gotten theirs by launch day.
Just look at total sold listings on Ebay, one of if not the largest platform for resellers. These numbers are nowhere near what they are projected to produce between launch and March, I believe 11-15 million were being reported.
CA: 12,230
US: 33,110
UK: 13,131

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Between the previous console launches, iPhones, and BF deals, I am glad we are done with the sometimes 12-16 hour lineups. Corona this year really exaggerated the issues with pre-ordering and launch in general, but even then the amount of resellers getting systems is a tiny amount compared to customers. Demand is just that much higher this time around.

Most people in my groups got theirs pre-ordering on the first day.

Oh we aren't done with those long line ups lol...GS has the PS5 in store for Black Friday, those lines gonna start Thanksgiving Day.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
It would be an incredible experience if they could weed out the bots/scalpers....unfortunately I don't know how that problem is going to get fixed.
Retailers need to have checks that actually work, BB last night had 2FA as you were checking out. Checkout and website queues that actually work, the CAN retailer queues could be bypassed or were broken. Actually enforcing one system per household, or even one system of either sku so you buy one edition and can not buy one of the other. More buy online in-store or curb side pickups.

Oct 27, 2017
I totally disagree there. I'd say resellers are getting 90% of them using bots. I mean, I've seen lists of over a hundred units bought by *one person*. I'd bet if scalpers weren't a thing, this console release would have gone fairly smoothly - some people will still have not have gotten theirs until December, but most enthusiasts who went to the effort would have gotten theirs by launch day.

Right now, a week after launch, there are almost 12,000 PS5's on eBay. Imagine how many were on eBay on launch day. And that's only counting eBay.

I hope the percentage isn't that high, but if it is, I wouldn't be totally shocked, either. In addition to ebay and other auction like sites like Mercari, there are countless local listings everywhere. Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist...everywhere I look locally, people are selling them as well. It's crazy.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Retailers need to have checks that actually work, BB last night had 2FA as you were checking out. Checkout and website queues that actually work, the CAN retailer queues could be bypassed or were broken. Actually enforcing one system per household, or even one system of either sku so you buy one edition and can not buy one of the other. More buy online in-store or curb side pickups.

Agreed, I actually thought Best Buy's approach last night was the best I've seen yet...and I'm not just saying that because I was able to get one through them.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Kohl's cancellation email just came through! Thank God for Best Buy and for you good souls who posted it here.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Man I'm so pissed I missed out on BB last night by like twenty minutes. By the time I got it in my cart there weren't any locations anywhere nearby with stock left. My Kohls order is almost certainly getting canceled so I'm back to square one.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now I try to stay up all night to get one and of course nobody puts up more consoles. If I go try to get something to eat I'm sure they will pop up in the 5 minutes I'm away though. Happens every time.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Just got cancelled by Kohls. whats worse is they havent given me my money back yet. I only have enough game console money for one go around so couldn't do Best Buy. I hope my money is back by wednesday so I can try again. I have learned from this not to trust a system from a non game store. I cant believe you guys were so hyped over BJs. That seems extremely shady to me and I think should be to everyone after the kohls incident. I hope I have the money back by Wednesday so I can try Best Buy.

I'm never getting this console. :(

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
think sneaker sellers have been trying to fight this for quite some time now, the bots are pretty clever/flexible.
and of course at the end of the day - does a retailer care if at the end of the day a sale is made?

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
If it helps ease the pain for everyone that missed it, it looks like that BJs bundle might not be shipping until mid January.

Edit: Looks like people are getting wildly different delivery times. I'm seeing others that show by the end of the week.