• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
This is what I said on the first thread for these people:

I'd still take a wait-and-see approach to this, b/c they're promising shipments on/before launch on their website despite the fact that they're also tweeting about ~just now~ finalizing prototypes and testing fitting for the PS5. they're not even in full production and launch is ~3 weeks away.

This has all come off as very suspect since day one.

I wouldn't trust anything they're saying about Sony other than them getting legal notices for possible copyright infringement by first naming themselves "PlateStation5" then "PlateStation" and now whatever the fuck they're at. There was a blatant infringement with their name to begin with and the whole "they hadn't finalized their patents so we were trying to sell our product before that" reasoning also sounds... like a pretty bad excuse to defend possible infringement.

This just looks bad all around for them.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Any thoughts on skins? I see dbrand is offering a matte black up for pre order. tempted to throw my name in the hat and give it a try.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what Sony will do when the 3d model is available for everyone to print.
There's nothing they can so if you print it for yourself. As long as you don't sell it for profit. Thats what IP protection is for.
Patents are not a right to distribute something and make profit off of it. Patents give you the right to forbid others making profit off of your invention/vision/concept

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I just bought some matte black 3m vinyl to do my faceplates. Seems like a perfect application for it.

I suppose there is a chance typical vinyl is too thick but I doubt it. And for anyone thinking of trying it, it's got to be one of the easiest possible vinyl applications ever. Just a flat-ish piece of plastic and plenty of room on the back/inside to trim & cut.