• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
I dunno goofed up then and I apologize but there is no way in hell PS5 is sniffing 2080.

No worries.
But 2 reliable sources say ps5 is more powerful then a 2080.
klee said XsX is slightly above 12tf and ps5 is above that, a 11tf Navi would be better then a 2080. Jason Said both are above 2080.

Edit: made a mistake, Hopkins is tired.

Last edited:

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
No worries.
Jason and klee said XsX is slightly above 12tf and ps5 is above that, a 11tf Navi would be better then a 2080.

Again I apologize for saying he didn't say it but man he did say that lol. I can't have my PS5 as strong as my PC which is a 2080 Super.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
imagine how many votes no would have if all those that were tempted by cats and walnuts could stick to the question

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Not for Oberon/PS5 it doesn't. For Arden/XSX it does. Jason also said long ago that both were shooting for higher than Stadia (10.7 TF). In my estimation, Jason has said quite a bit. He's not a super technical guy but he knows what a damn 2080 is.
Ummm Stadia is GCN Tflops.

Interestingly enough that's the equivalent of a Vega 56 Tflops which would make sense if its outdated info of an early devkit.....

Also that 10.7 GCN is only 8.5 RDNA Tflops... which is also consistent with rumors....

Oct 26, 2017
Sometime like a day or so before VGA´s he said we would find out more very soon and he would not be needed much longer. People started to talk about there might be something at the show and one poster posted a picture of scarlett johansson and Klee replied with BINGO or something similar.

Well that is one thing so that's good. What other things has he suggested?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Dec 8, 2018
Well that is one thing so that's good. What other things has he suggested?

Very similar in power with a slight edge to PS5, we should stop obsessing over the teraflops difference and those are unimportant basically compared to the rest, from what he seen, from a game his source is working on, we are in for a ride come next gen and apparently he said in a PM to a user that the Sony event was planned for the end of feb. He also is a public figure and posted both his real name and picture of him working on a video game magazine back in the day so he is not like many other "insiders" claiming things on twitter etc anonymous.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
This has 0 upvotes on Reddit so I don't know why it should be taken seriously?

I didn't know that reddit up votes were a prerequisite to speculation. This was me attempting to find material that could move us on from controller conversations.

Looks like it hasn't been seen here before though, so have at it Era. Let's get these hype trains back on track. :)

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
Reddit

Has that been posted/discussed here yet? Also, is there a better way to link reddit on our posts?

From Reddit link but doesn't say anything about the source. Looks fake to me.

-

Proposed specification on the chip-let design:

-

- 10.3 Teraflops (Navi)

- 40 compute units (8 disabled / 48 total)

- Clocked at 2Ghz (2010Mhz) due to reduction in yield with die size

- 16GB GDDR6 + 4GB DDR4 (background task)

- 512GB/s memory bandwidth

- Hardware-based ray tracing & VRS (Variable Rate Shading)

- Hybrid SSD at 5-7GB/s

- Price & launch date: Unknown

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
come on kiddos, hes fucking klee. from gamefan. thats enough cred.

kleeavatar.jpg

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
From Reddit link but doesn't say anything about the source. Looks fake to me.

-

Proposed specification on the chip-let design:

-

- 10.3 Teraflops (Navi)

- 40 compute units (8 disabled / 48 total)

- Clocked at 2Ghz (2010Mhz) due to reduction in yield with die size

- 16GB GDDR6 + 4GB DDR4 (background task)

- 512GB/s memory bandwidth

- Hardware-based ray tracing & VRS (Variable Rate Shading)

- Hybrid SSD at 5-7GB/s

- Price & launch date: Unknown
The problem is that the silicon described is nowhere near the reticle limit. Ergo, full of shit.

edit: and something I want to repeat because I love yelling into the void. If PS5 does indeed have hardware RT and VRS, it likely would have been impossible that Oberon, which first leaked around the start of 2019, could have those features. This is because Navi supposedly needed a design spin that would have landed around the same time. This is why people are not putting faith in the GitHub leak as representative of the final design. They clearly were working with what silicon was available at the time.

Last edited:

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think Jason said to get with a grant o Salt the part to be as powerfull as a 2080.

I really doubt that... Consoles probably will be in line with a 2070-2070S something there.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
No worries.
klee said XsX is slightly above 12tf and ps5 is above that, a 11tf Navi would be better then a 2080. Jason Said both are above 2080.

Edit: made a mistake, Hopkins is tired.
Jason didn't say that. He said he heard they are as powerfull as a 2080 but to get that with a grain of salt.

jschreier if he could come here would be nice. Because you guys are changing what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.