• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Yeah, but I meant if there's another chip besides this one that keeps getting dissected, but it's possible we might never know if it's an AMD project or something.
Oh yeh, I hear ya. We might never know the truth behind that. Maybe someone will write a book about it in a few years...haha. Maybe it was a fake leak orchestrated by Sony to throw MS off.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Oh yeh, I hear ya. We might never know the truth behind that. Maybe someone will write a book about it in a few years...haha. Maybe it was a fake leak orchestrated by Sony to throw MS off.

I've been reading the arguments here so many times that I'm going to need closure. Hopefully it's really obvious and as you say DF or someone gives us the answer.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh yes, but what's confusing is that some say the first XSX dev kits weren't out yet at that time.
Some kits were out 100% sure on that. Most likely still PC equivalents though, but they did have Prospero/Dante last year at GDC.

PC equivalent dev kits were available in late 2018... when we first heard about supposed complaints about Lockhart.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
I see. Think the modern one is also for the use for PC, possibly xbox? It looks cool.
The "classic" isn't really classic. The original VCS-Joysticks didn't had a select- and reset-button on the controller, both where at the system itself. Mean you need to stand up every time after you had a game over.😁
So not that full retro feeling, but put these buttons on the joystick makes sense. :D

I know we're veering way off-topic now, but it also has a trigger on the back and the stick can be twisted for paddle functionailty. So it does bring some retro inputs back in an unconventional way. Hopefully some devs find a clever and pleasant way to utilize it. Also yes, the modern controller is recognized as a 360 controller on PC IIRC, not sure how it's gonna' work with XB1/XSX.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
I've been reading the arguments here so many times that I'm going to need closure. Hopefully it's really obvious and as you say DF or someone gives us the answer.
It's definitely been a tough case to crack. Wish I could fast forward to the end of this mystery 😀. I really don't care that much for what the outcome of the truth is. It's just that, these two contradicting pieces of evidence really irk me.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
... but for some it would be the hassle of a gift that is incomplete without an accessory, and for most it would mean the console would be $30 more expensive because you need to buy one of the high margin controllers. Unless you're looking to sell two different SKUs which is a forecasting and warehousing nightmare. You're talking about changing something fundamental only to suit some fraction of the market they want to attract.

I know the concept is ludicrous and will never happen but what about a discount voucher for a controller included with each console? You don't want a controller? Fine, throw it away. You do want a controller? Here's a heavily discounted first one or... what about a heavy discount for one controller bought with a console? All sku's could then be controller-less.

There are ways to do it but the effort doesn't seem to be worth the pay off.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
I know the concept is ludicrous and will never happen but what about a discount voucher for a controller included with each console? You don't want a controller? Fine, throw it away. You do want a controller? Here's a heavily discounted first one or... what about a heavy discount for one controller bought with a console? All sku's could then be controller-less.

There are ways to do it but the effort doesn't seem to be worth the pay off.
Considering how much the XSX could cost, I think it would be a smart move to offer the option of a console 50 bucks cheaper with no controller.

Oct 25, 2017
We have known its a reach since matt said it was not confirmation of anything and he was glad we moved on from it, the last even more hilarious now
I thought that matt didn't refute the Github leak, but instead said something to the effect of "It doesn't tell the whole story". Suggesting that it's not inaccurate but that there's some other hardware that will contribute to performance that's not detailed/tested in that data.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I thought that matt didn't refute the Github leak, but instead said something to the effect of "It doesn't tell the whole story". Suggesting that it's not inaccurate but that there's some other hardware that will contribute to performance that's not detailed/tested in that data.
What he said was "I'm glad to see we've moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything."

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Worth repeating that 5700XT varies from slightly behind to moderately behind the 2080 in benchmarks, so this is self-consistent with the TF numbers that have been floated about.

And if we "do the math" the 5700XT comes to the infamous 12TF (CGN). Furthermore, it's consistent with Digital Foundry's testing of "2x the power of the One X" being achieved by it.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
A 5700XT is well binned 40/40 CU running at 1800 MHz, ~9.75 TF

Guthub showed a 36/40 CU GPU running at 2.0 GHz, 9.2 TF.

I think the 5700XT is closer to a 2070 S than a 2080 but I guess this comes down to how close is "on par". In either case, it's not higher than the GCN 10.7 TF number as Jason explicitly stated.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
3opbnv.jpg

Matic

Oct 25, 2017
So Reiner's tweet, clarified, was that PS5 dev kits were more powerful than Scarlett's target specs?

Yes, here is topic regarding the tweets but it's missing some of his later tweets regarding target specs until he just said forget because fanboys hounded him.

www.resetera.com

Andrew Reiner from GI (Rumor): PS5 target specs higher than Scarlett

We have had a bunch of tweets from Andrew Reiner on this that I felt warranted their own thread, away from the plethora of pastebin leaks. There's a couple more tweets where he suggests that he has heard more but won't be sharing due to it being "spun into an apocalypse." I assume it's...

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Off topic, but right now you can pre-order Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 3 for XBOX and PS4 on Amazon for $49.95, 10 bucks off regular price.

Status
Not open for further replies.