HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Lol guess I'm not changing my ID any time soon until Sony irons out those terrible problems. Those are really huge terms to commit to, not worth potentially losing access to content I paid for.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I don't want to change my ID but even if I want... Damn with those conditions: 'Be warned: you could die during the name changing'

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I really hope they bring 1440p-support with this one...or soon.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I want to change my PSN name but wow.

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

Even just changing it and attempting to go back if it breaks can still leave your account broken?
I know these are precautionary texts to cover their ass if anything bad happens but I'm very anxious about this.

charlieonhere

Jul 11, 2018
Is this something we had to sign up for? Or is it if you were in previous ones you're in the drawing for this, I can never remember with the Playstation betas

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
Sony needs to put out a list of games effected by this. Those vague warnings don't cut it when you're talking about losing things you paid for.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a reason this isn't coming to the public until 2019 guys.

This is a literal beta test lol

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.
Ugggh....

I'll let you folks iron out the kinks for me before I attempt this when it goes live

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is going to be good for the VAST majority of games people are still playing... Y'know... Like sony said it would be...

Either way, I wonder if this is going to be specifically the accounts invited, or if anyone who logs into their PSN account on a PS4 with this firmware will be able to do it... Guess I'm finding out! :P

SaN1ty24

Nov 15, 2017

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
tenor.gif

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What? they are doing betas now for 0.1 updates?
Also how did you know this beta offers name changes? It doesn't have any changelog after all.
Also they didn't let us sign up for this beta like with previous time. How did you get it?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
In Europe you can't sign up anymore. They send you the new beta's if you've tested out beta's before.

I signed up tested all betas before but they didn't sent me a beta code for 6.00 (and eventhough I managed to get a code at that time). Dunno why they stopped sending me Beta invites.
I would like to get a code if someone doesn't want the beta anyway.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I signed up tested all betas before but they didn't sent me a beta code for 6.00 (and eventhough I managed to get a code at that time). Dunno why they stopped sending me Beta invites.
I would like to get a code if someone doesn't want the beta anyway.
I didn't get one for 6.00 either at first, but after a couple weeks they sent me one after all. It's likely being sent out in waves.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely going to wait for guinea pigs for this one. If I was to change my PSN name it'd literally just to change the numbers at the end from Roman numerals back to numbers (or remove them all together) since my original account was hacked and then banned when I did a chargeback to get a couple hundred £ worth of money back from games and DLC they bought using my card. Not willing to risk losing access to DLC or game progress, even if it is only for older PS3 stuff (like some theorise).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sony needs to put out a list of games effected by this. Those vague warnings don't cut it when you're talking about losing things you paid for.

They are... when it officially releases. So everyone in the Beta can have fun risking their accounts, I guess?

I would LOVE to change my PSN name but I am way, way too paranoid about this stuff and even with a list I doubt I can ever change it. What a ridiculous situation; it should have been dealt with far, far earlier than this, and this is not a suitable solution even if I do understand that it's probably an incredibly mess on their end.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I only know a little bit about databases, but I think I understand the problem Sony has. But can anyone explain to me why they are not just doing a "hey, we added an extra nickname field that now displays as your default name, you can change it once a month and all games are free to support it from now on or go back and patch it in!" All while keeping your old account name.
It's pretty much what Steam does, you can't change the name of your account there either.
I feel like that would solve all of their problems and people would understand!? There must be a reason why that's not possible either and I want to know.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I only know a little bit about databases, but I think I understand the problem Sony has. But can anyone explain to me why they are not just doing a "hey, we added an extra nickname field that now displays as your default name, you can change it once a month and all games are free to support it from now on or go back and patch it in!" All while keeping your old account name.
It's pretty much what Steam does, you can't change the name of your account there either.
I feel like that would solve all of their problems and people would understand!? There must be a reason why that's not possible either and I want to know.

On Steam you can't change the name of your account but that oen is never displayed to people or in games. You can change the nickname that everyone you can see and this won't affect any game and you can even use custom avatars and all for free and at any time, something that will never happen on any console sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
On Steam you can't change the name of your account but that oen is never displayed to people or in games. You can change the nickname that everyone you can see and this won't affect any game and you can even use custom avatars and all for free and at any time, something that will never happen on any console sadly.
Yeah, I'm saying they should do that. Keep the account name internally and for old games that used it (so nothing breaks) and add a new "nick name" field for current games and PSN itself.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same for me,

Change Online ID Overview

As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.

To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software's restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Programme software.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.
So along with an online fee they charge you to change your ID all the while potentially losing your games and other information like save data and achievements.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
WTF

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like some games progress like multiplayer levels are tied to your PSN username. That's what you will be losing.

Losing purchases means that if you bought any "+1000 COD Points" style microtransactions, you will lose those as well because they're currency amounts associated with your account. So they're going away along with your online progression. You shouldn't lose any DLC purchases.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see what the embarassing PSN names that people have are that's got them so hyped up to change them.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I have got in the beta, however now I'm having second thoughts about changing my PSN.

Seems like it will cause to much hassle than it is worth.

I don't want to be in a position where I lost my purchases or my progress on certain games.

Sony need to provide a complete list of games, DLC etc that is affected

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm saying they should do that. Keep the account name internally and for old games that used it (so nothing breaks) and add a new "nick name" field for current games and PSN itself.

Yeah. I think what breaks many games is that the same main account of PSN si the same one as the one for friend display and not a separate one like for Steam. Yeah I wanted them to use such plan but I was expecting them to use this method and make name change paid.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for people crying about losing trophies and saved games lol

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
What on earth with all those issues. Surely that's mostly for PS3 content? What would possibly break on PS4 regarding changing names and losing your content?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Isn't that' how the Switch friend code works?