Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I did it, i finally fucking did it.

10 years of waiting, felt so good changing that shitty ass name.

I hope there are no issues.

If anyone wants to add me, username is in my profile.
Otherwise quote this post :)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23368

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Sure would be nice if someone could part with a EU-code since we in EU never get any codes via email. I even have all material opted in. Want to change my name and test out the features. Thanks in advance.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yes, again from me too. If there is a code left and someone doesn't need it, I would love to go all in here and would love to get an PM.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I've had no issues whatsoever on ps4, but I have yet to test out some ps3/vita games!

Might do so tonight
Actually do you happen to have any MGS save data on PS3? That's the only PS3 content I'd really be concerned about, and I read somewhere that someone said they couldn't earn trophies on them anymore

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Actually do you happen to have any MGS save data on PS3? That's the only PS3 content I'd really be concerned about, and I read somewhere that someone said they couldn't earn trophies on them anymore
I do have 2, 3 and 4 save data. I'll try and get around to it and report back. I'll most likely test mgs4 due to me having more trophies in that to unlock.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
so i just got a notification for 6.02 firmware.
And a note saying the preview period has ended.

Safe for me to download the 6.02 firmware?

It wont do something cruel like revert my name change would it? LOL

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can't wait to change my name from
Bright-light to Bright-Light

The years of embarrassment are over!!!
StoneColdLaugh.gif

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Downsampling setting not works anymore on my pro. Anyone knows if it's a firmware issue? I reinstalled it nothing is changed.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I think the problem lies on the fact that PSN wasn't built to support SHELL accounts. As a result, the name displayed in all games/leaderboards is actually the CORE name which is also tied to licences. I think Sony is unable/afraid/not ready yet to provide true SHELL accounts while making sure you don't lose your licences or online data so they are sidestepping the issue. From what I understand, based on what Sony has said about name changes and what some people are experiencing, Sony is using a weird implementation that's not really a SHELL name but not a CORE name either.
It also seems to be temporary to phase out legacy games and devices. By next gen we might be there in full.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Are people on 6.02 still able to change their name or has the feature basically been turned off until it launches next year?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang it I just barely got internet in for my PS4 for the first time since September. And the beta is over? Shoot.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I wonder if this will be the last major feature that we can except this late in the ps4's lifecycle.

LORANT92

Oct 28, 2017
Hungary
btw, not sure when it was added, but I just noticed that you can change/add your profile picture without using FB account:

*snip*

Maybe they added the option to the website recently, but you've been able to set your profile picture via the PS app on your phone for a long time now. I've been using random garbage as my picture without ever linking my facebook account.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
any news on the full release yet?
I was fortunate enough to get into the beta thanks to a user here, but still good for this to go live for others.

I thought I had read that it was meant to happen in January?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting rather patiently... but I thought it'd be publically released by now, given how long ago the beta started.