• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your Favourite Snax

• Bugs

Votes: 447 56.2%
  • Orks

Votes: 45 5.7%
  • Knights

Votes: 120 15.1%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 184 23.1%

• Total voters

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Wait. Wat!? That's a pretty good month for Bugsnax alone. I didn't thought they would be giving PS5 games so soon, so that's a surprise for me.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
One of the best PS Plus months ever. Especially Bugsnax as a "free" launch title is *chef's kiss* and letting more people dive into Hollow Knight, one of the very best games of this generation, isn't too shabby either.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i guess ps5 titles will be 2 months
ps4 still will be 1 month.

i wonder if they plan to eventually change that as we get deeper into the ps5 life cycle.

Linkie3

Feb 8, 2019
Bugsnax soften the pain a bit for not being able to play Cyberpunk on the EU Playstation 5 launch.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
23 games via PS+ for the launch of PS5. Even more if you get PS Now. Pretty damn incredible.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Happy to give Hollow Knight a chance after all the good stuff I've heard. Already played Shadow of War, it's decent, mindless fun, but way longer than it needs to be. Bugsnax would be nice to have for the future, as it looks like a good time, but sounds like it's straight up locked behind having a PS5 to even redeem, which I won't have, so it's basically a non option.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Hell yeah! Loved Shadow of Mordor, but could never convince myself to buy Shadow of War for some reason. Got Hollow Knight on Switch and loved it, but really wanted to play it with Trophies so never beat it. And while I'm nowhere near as hype for Bugsnax as some people seem to be... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least intrigued by it so glad I get to try it for free now lmao. Best lineup in a long time (and i typically like the lineups lol).

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i guess ps5 titles will be 2 months
ps4 still will be 1 month.

i wonder if they plan to eventually change that as we get deeper into the ps5 life cycle.

Trying to predict what Sony will do with PS Plus in the future is going to be hard to do. I'd guess there will be a fairly sizeable change this gen with how it works.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Really goo

It's possible but that's not the way it's worked with anything else. You can just claim all the games and download them once you have the system.

That's true. I was able to add Vita games to my account despite not having a Vita at the time, and when I did get a Vita I was able to DL them all no problem.

I hope it's the same case here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Great lineup!!

Sony's PS Plus support recently is fantastic

Everyone should play Hollow Knight, you don't have any excuses now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get bugsnax and download it later? My ps5 won't arrive until 2021
Isn't Bugsnax a cross gen game PS4 and PS5? Why not offer the game for PS4 with free upgrade to PS5 but just the PS5 version?

Also why just one PS5 game instead of 2? Before we had each month 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games and 2 PS Vita games and sometimes even more.

Also why lock PS Plus subscribers to get Bugsnax only when you own a PS5? before with PS Plus you can get any game without even owning any console thanks to webstore or PS App.

I hope I am wrong about the latter and that we can add Bugsnax PS5 to the library through webstore even without owning PS5 day one, like i previous days.

Just to clear it up for more people - I don't think it has any requirement on actually owning a PS5. The only thing like this that the blog post says is "We're also thrilled to announce PlayStation Plus members who own a PlayStation 5 console will receive Bugsnax (PS5)** when PS5 launches, beginning November 12.***". But if you look at those footnotes, they're just:

"**PS5 console only; PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for Bugsnax on PS4."
"***Bugsnax (PS5) available to play in U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea starting November 12, and available on November 19, when PS5 launches throughout the rest of the world. Country availability may vary."

It doesn't say anything about requiring the PS5 console itself to obtain Bugsnax, it's just that the Bugsnax game you're getting is only the PS5 version and it's available on the 12th when the PS5 comes out (instead of the 3rd as it would usually be). You should be able to "buy" the free copy of it through this PSN+ section of their web store on the 12th and be set for whenever you get your PS5.

(Assuming the link works... cause it's currently being weird with me for the current month. And is that really what the new web store looks like? Barely any navigation menus and huge amounts of white space where it's not clear if stuff just didn't load or not? And with this PSN+ stuff being its own page that advertises to you vs just another section of the store? That's terrible.)

EDIT: Actually, ok, the new store is still real bad but it seems they've made the PSN+ redemption process easier, if nothing else. Instead of having to add the free games to your cart and checkout, even if that page I linked isn't working you should be able to just search for "Bugsnax" on the 12th and go to the store page, then click "Add to Library" and you're done. That's what happened when I tested it with Vampyr just now, at least.

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Great lineup! I already own SoM and HK but those are good games. In for Bugsnax though. I was contemplating buying it once I finished Spider-Man and Astro Bot

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
PlayStation Plus is going to be a much more appetizing subscription service next month. Also Bugsnax is now the second game to be offered for free for two months. I wonder if this is going to be a pattern moving forward or does it only happen for select games/

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I assume I can redeem Busgnax and PS+ Collection regardless of if I have a PS5 or not, right?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Just to clear it up for more people - I don't think it has any requirement on actually owning a PS5. The only thing like this that the blog post says is "We're also thrilled to announce PlayStation Plus members who own a PlayStation 5 console will receive Bugsnax (PS5)** when PS5 launches, beginning November 12.***". But if you look at those footnotes, they're just:

"**PS5 console only; PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for Bugsnax on PS4."
"***Bugsnax (PS5) available to play in U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea starting November 12, and available on November 19, when PS5 launches throughout the rest of the world. Country availability may vary."

It doesn't say anything about requiring the PS5 console itself to obtain Bugsnax, it's just that the Bugsnax game you're getting is only the PS5 version and it's available on the 12th when the PS5 comes out (instead of the 3rd as it would usually be). You should be able to "buy" the free copy of it through this PSN+ section of their web store on the 12th and be set for whenever you get your PS5.

(Assuming the link works... cause it's currently being weird with me for the current month. And is that really what the new web store looks like? Barely any navigation menus and huge amounts of white space where it's not clear if stuff just didn't load or not? And with this PSN+ stuff being its own page that advertises to you vs just another section of the store? That's terrible.)

Yeah, it'd be pretty shitty for Sony to disallow people from getting the game if they aren't lucky enough to get a PS5 in the first two months.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not particularly interested in Bugsnax, but it's nice to get confirmation that we're getting PS5 games on PS+ day one.

Also damn if you buy a PS5 you now get 2 games for free + like 20 PS4 games. Assuming you already have PS+.

That's not bad.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
People are gonna be thirsty for PS5 content when they buy one at launch. I think being on PS+ at launch and near launch is gonna give games a lot of exposure they otherwise would not get. I'm sure the Bugsnax devs are happy about it.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can finally have HK on PS! Hell yeah, already have and beat it on PC. Shadow of Wardor seems like stupid fun

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to the PS4 launch, the PLUS is in much better place. We even have an AAA title confirmed for February already.