Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Activision was so nice giving up Call of Duty Black Ops III, which is a 5 years old title at this point.

The way they are overvaluting COD games is insane.
Black Ops 3 is the best zombies game in the series. It is the most valuable current Gen COD game. This version contains 9 zombies maps.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Why not include ps+ Collection in Ps Now? Is Sony discontinuing Ps Now or why the no talk? Grandma with little Tim will be confused in the game store when they ask the clerk what's the difference between Ps+ and Ps now.

There's no more clear difference between the two.
PS Now's first and main appeal is streaming.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
So this was unexpected. If Sony wants to turn this into their version of Gamepass, this isn't a bad way to start at all. At first I thought the PS Collection was just going to have the games they announced and that would be it, but if they keep adding to it over time... that changes things.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
So this was unexpected. If Sony wants to turn this into their version of Gamepass, this isn't a bad way to start at all. At first I thought the PS Collection was just going to have the games they announced and that would be it, but if they keep adding to it over time... that changes things.
I think this was just a last minute addition. I don't see any indication here that they'll continue to add stuff over time. Would be nice, though.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Funny because some of us have said they can just expand Plus, no need for an extra subscription.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Just scooped up a $30 year code from CDKeys

Between this, Gamepass, CP2077, Miles and Hyrule Warriors AOC, my wife might not get any quality time with me until next year....June.

Let's not kid ourselves, unless Sony adds 1st party games day 1 (which they'll never do), this will never be as good as Gamepass, cheaper price or not. And especially not for those of us who have Gamepass paid through to 2022/2023

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That PS Plus collection just made choosing the DE a lot easier for me. I was flip flopping bc I own many of those games on disc. Particularly, God of War and FFXV. A sale for FFXII would seal the deal.

Joo

May 25, 2018
a vast majority of the games have been on ps plus before, so they're likely already in the backlog of many ps4 players

but this is a nice play towards people who were not on ps4 this generation, and i do appreciate the handful of new games that haven't been on plus before
Of course the biggest benefits go to people who never owned a PS4, but only 8 of these games have been on PS+, and atm not even 50% of PS4 owners have PS+, as it has around 46mil subscribers.

I've been subbing to plus for almost the duration of this whole gen, and that results in this collection still having 7 games I've never touched and several more I had as physical releases and can now sell. All this with no extra cost, so definitely still feels like a good deal to me.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
a vast majority of the games have been on ps plus before, so they're likely already in the backlog of many ps4 players

but this is a nice play towards people who were not on ps4 this generation, and i do appreciate the handful of new games that haven't been on plus before

Really? Most of these have been free on Plus?

I'm in NA and only notice a few (Bloodborne, namely).

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that SE is done with XV, I guess no full ps5 patch, how much would a ps5 boost mode help it overall from ps4 pro?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. I somewhat enjoyed the game but I absolutely do not want to start it again from the beginning.

Np. I hear ya though lol But it'll carry over. That said, Royal adds some really awesome stuff and with all the updates and DLC, you might have a much better experience this time around.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Royal isn't even a year old yet so I'm not surprised that it's just the vanilla edition.

Would be cool though, but at least we're getting FFXV Royal Edition.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm down for Bloodborne, Crash and Persona. Missed them this gen so glad they are there. I'll add them all to my library - what a steal.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to get the plat for FFXV. Need to walk around the open world for a few hours and that should be it. It's a silly trophy.

But I never did go back and check all the DLC, so jumping back on the Royal edition ought to be fun.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if FFXV Royal edition being there hurts any chance for a PS5 port later on.

I really want an edition with all content on disc.

:(

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why not include ps+ Collection in Ps Now? Is Sony discontinuing Ps Now or why the no talk? Grandma with little Tim will be confused in the game store when they ask the clerk what's the difference between Ps+ and Ps now.

There's no more clear difference between the two.
Ps Now have larger list of titles, but many of it's big titles are temporary. PS+ have smaller list of titles, but it will always stay in your library as long as you subs.

I have subs since day 1 and I just find that across all playstation platform, I have like 650 playstation games from ps+

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Oh I didnt know the Pro version had a performance mode. Fingers crossed its a solid 60 on PS5 then!

as an aside, I know the Xbox One X version of FF XII The Zodiac Age was 60FPS but it was 30 on PS4. I wonder if we'll ever get that 60fps version on PS5...
Isn't it 1080/60 on One X and 1440/30 on Pro? Kinda weird they both have their advantages, would be nice if they updated both for next gen.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Fuck yeah at Bugsnax and Shadow of War.

I already own Hollow Knight but what an amazing month. Also Royal Edition of FFXV is a welcome upgrade, I'll finally get a chance to play.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
wait, this isn't coming for PS4 owners?
No, it's only PS5.

PlayStation Plus Collection
PlayStation Plus members will be able to enjoy a special new offering on the PS5 console – the PlayStation Plus Collection. PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more.

The PlayStation Plus Collection will be available* on November 12 when the PS5 console launches in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and November 19 when the PS5 console launches throughout the rest of the world, including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Bugsnax only being free for a short window of time to the lucky few who get a PS5 really sucks ass. It isn't like we're choosing to not buy a PS5.

edit: Nvm!

Last edited:

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
you can claim on the webstore, you dont need a ps5.

200.gif

ty kind sir

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Is this a "limited time" thing? Let's say I'm able to pick up a ps5 in February, will I still be able to get these games or is it only for the first month during launch of the ps5?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how great it would be if they unlocked the framerate in the Crash trilogy? A man can dream.

Deleted member 43552

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2018
I doubt Persona 5 Royal will be added since its an entirely different SKU unlike FFXV Royal which is just an "ultimate" edition.