prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Very optimistic that this may be an ongoing thing now. The fact that they're willing to add additional games after the initial announcement may mean they intend to keep doing so, the obvious value here is that you don't need to be a PS Plus member when they add the games (and "purchase" them), so the hook for new users is massive.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
For Persona 5 Royal I think it would be too soon, the game is not even one year old.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So it seems that the PS Plus Collection won't just be a one-time thing they do for launch, and will now be a maintained list of certain things? I don't see any wording that indicates the collection will expand/change over time, but I really hope they regularly add to it.

I hear a lot of confusion from my IRL friends regarding PS+ and GP, where they don't seem to understand that games cycle in and out, or are permanently in the services, so I hope more clarity is provided.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
It looks like every game on the list will support PS5's Game Boost

Don't do this to me because bloodborne is part of the ps plus collection

tenor.gif

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit.

Even though I played a bunch of these games, there is enough new content for me that makes this exciting.

Persona 5 and GoW I almost bought digitally, even though I own P5 on disc (wanted the convenience) and GoW I sold the disc but still need to clear out the remaining challenges so I almost bought it digitally.

Games I wanted but didn't buy:
N- sane trilogy
Shadow of War
BO3
RE7 (only got half way)
Bugsnax is a cool addition
Destruction all stars is a cool get

Pretty great start tbh, I have so much to play not counting things like Demons souls, MM and Cyberpunk.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I feel the first party games are there to stay, but the 3rd party may get rotated or changed after some time probably.

Still, great collection, some of them that I haven't played yet

Oct 29, 2017
I jumped in late to the PS4, so aside from GOW and UC4 I'm planning on adding all these games to my library. And I love that they are actual games I have a desire to play.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Was Black Ops 3 the one with no single player or the one with bad single player? I enjoyed the Black Ops 1 & 2 campaigns.
Bad single player. It's OK for the 5 or so hours it lasts and tries to do interesting things with loadouts that haven't really been done before or since, but the story is just sooo bad that it can be a slog.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I had figured the PS+ Collection would be a revolving door of some sort, not games you claim permanently like the monthly games. That's a really nice surprise.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Royal Edition hype! Grateful now that I kept putting off buying any of the DLC, lmao. Will hopefully be able to continue where I left off to get the Platinum... then do New Game + to see all the new content.

Super cool too that they're adding Crash. I've got a physical copy but it'll be nice to not have to pop the disc in to play.

Would probably give Black Ops a try too, I suppose. The first Black Ops is my favorite in the series, not that that means much since I rarely play Call of Duty.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very curious how redemption is going to work. Redeeming through browser seems like it would be out, since then everybody could do it. If it just has to be "on a PS5", then PS4 owners could add their account to a friend's PS5 and redeem. Or they could make it a one-time use code that's included with the system. Third option would be the most full-proof, but I bet they go with 2 for convenience.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Not sure if the scars have healed yet from playing through Final Fantasy XV the first time, but I guess if I'm ever curious about how the Royal Edition improved things (or not) I at least won't have to pay for it.

(Also I really need to go back and replay BLOPS3 at some point, I think I'm the only person on this forum who actually liked the campaign)

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I definitely feel like that the Xbox game pass thing has left Sony a bit shook, hence all the great free content that's coming. I've said before and I'll say it again, competition always benefits the consumers. Let's hope for a feisty console war with this generation.. We are the winners.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Royal beggars, buy the game you cheapskate

This is such a crazy good bundle. I'm still waiting for the catch.... Are they really like normal PS+ games where they're on your account for good? Or will there be some new rotation nonsense?
Like how it always work, it's always there when you redeem it

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Now everyone who will subbing PS+ Collection & haven't played Days Gone, will finally play it eventually...

WindingValuableEwe-size_restricted.gif

I like the game more than Horizon.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm very curious how redemption is going to work. Redeeming through browser seems like it would be out, since then everybody could do it. If it just has to be "on a PS5", then PS4 owners could add their account to a friend's PS5 and redeem. Or they could make it a one-time use code that's included with the system. Third option would be the most full-proof, but I bet they go with 2 for convenience.

You can get PS4 games on PS+ without a PS4, why it would be different for PS5?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think PS4 BC games on PS5 are a separate thing which is why putting a PS4 disc in a PS5 makes it download that version instead of just install from disc. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

That would keep PS4 users from taking advantage of this.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hadn't got round to getting crash so that's fantastic news since I owned basically ever game in the collection before.

Also be interested in trying out the royale edition of ff15 since I got the platinum for the base version.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
This seems to be blurring the lines with PSNow more and more...
Maybe they are finally preparing to merge the two services?

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I bought FFXV on PC to replay and finish DLC, but I'll just wait for my PS5 at this point so I can carry over my OG save when I had it on PS4 now and play out the added content there. Good stuff

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Because they've repeatedly stated that this deal is only for PS5 owners. Maybe that's just lip-service, but I could see them implementing something more strict to enforce that.

They can make these games only playable on PS5, but everyone can redeem. It's a great incentive to get a console.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I feel the first party games are there to stay, but the 3rd party may get rotated or changed after some time probably.

Still, great collection, some of them that I haven't played yet

This is what I'm thinking too, but I'm curious if it would be possible or worth the money (Sony's money) for them to keep big tentpole 3rd party games in the collection indefinitely due to the draw it could bring. Like, who at this point is buying FFXV Royal on PS4? It's got to be a small number of people. Sony could give SE a good chunk of change in exchange for keeping it in PS+ and SE ends up making more than they would off of individual sales at this point. At the same time though I fall back on my concern for these types of services that it will end up costing the platform holder more money than it makes them.

Either way I'd like more clarity on what the collection really means moving forward. Will games get cycled in an out? Will they remain in there permanently? Can some of the games in the collection get upgraded to the ultimate versions once all DLC are out, and/or a GOTY edition is released, etc? IE: Persona 5 is there now, but later on they announce that it's been replaced with Royale?

Does GP rotate games in and out of the "collection"? If so, how often do games stay in the collection on average before they leave? I don't think Sony is ready yet to make their 1st party games day one in the collection, but it will definitely be interesting to see how they approach things differently from MS, and how both services evolve.