Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's probably what it'll look like but this is also probably fake. Either way I don't care about what it looks like (since it's gonna be a smaller version of the existing console like all the others) so much as what games it has.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
I bet its a 3d printed case for a raspberry pie

I saw one guy on instagram that makes mini Dreamcast cases for Pie and they looked like the real deal. Something factory made by Sega

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Was thinking fake but then the front pull out for the controllers seems like a really smart design for preserving these minis as a collectable on display as I think that's what they are really sold for after folks have had a few days to nostalgia.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Was thinking fake but then the front pull out for the controllers seems like a really smart design for preserving these minis as a collectable on display as I think that's what they are really sold for after folks have had a few days to nostalgia.

The ports are the main reason why I think it's real. The pull out tab to slide out and use the controller ports is very hidden and very Nintendo.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario 64
Pilot Wings
Wave Race
Mario Party 2
Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Majora's Mask
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Super Smash Brothers
Pokemon Snap
F Zero X

What else?

Mario Party 3.

After the disappointment of Super Mario Party, Nintendo owes it to Mario Party fans who actually want to return to the real board game Party mode.

Oh, and Star Fox 64.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet its a 3d printed case for a raspberry pie

I saw one guy on instagram that makes mini Dreamcast cases for Pie and they looked like the real deal. Something factory made by Sega
7twrpj1_d.jpg

Is this the one you mean? It's the only one I could find. Yeah, it's 3d printed alright. And pretty much how I expect a 3D printed mock up to look using commonly available FDM print to look like.

I have never seen a 3D printed that can produce anything close to what's in the OP. not even SLA printing.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks real . the front panel with the fake OG N64 controller ports hiding wiimote plugs looks hard to make.

80% real 20% fake

Oct 25, 2017
I hated that pull out door shit on the SNES. Just do it like the NES and replace the controller ports. It's really not so important that you have to cover it. Or put it on a hinge instead. I just hate that piece.

Oct 29, 2017
Fake. They wouldn't use expensive and heavy material to make a removable front panel, they would have cheap individual flaps on the controller ports, probably made of a similar material as on the SNES mini.

Also it's way too late to announce it now if it's coming out this year.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fake. They wouldn't use expensive and heavy material to make a removable front panel, they would have cheap individual flaps on the controller ports, probably made of a similar material as on the SNES mini.

Why would individual flaps be more expensive than a single part? SNES mini didn't have individual flaps either.

A real leak now doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year.

Oct 29, 2017
Why would individual flaps be more expensive than a single part? SNES mini didn't have individual flaps either.

A real leak now doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year.

I forgot how small it would be... so it probable would have a removable front panel, but it wouldn't use metal. It would be rubber, like on the SNES mini.

The whole point of this thing is to be cheap to make. That sliding mechanism looks too expensive. Why not just use the same method/material as the SNES mini?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
That's the exact same front panel as on the NES and SNES mini which hides Wiimote plugs.
Only the SNES mini had that panel, because the SNES controller ports were thinner so just replacing them with Wiimote ports would have ruined the look of it. That's not really an issue with N64 ports so it'd be a bit weird if Nintendo used a flap like the SNES Mini again (especially a flap that looks significantly more awkward to use like the one in the OP.)

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how small it would be... so it probable would have a removable front panel, but it wouldn't use metal. It would be rubber, like on the SNES mini.

The whole point of this thing is to be cheap to make. That sliding mechanism looks too expensive. Why not just use the same method/material as the SNES mini?

It doesn't look metal, it looks plastic.

It wouldn't be metal, if would be plastic.

The sliding "mechanism" shouldn't really be called a "mechanism". More like, "a bit of rubber"

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7twrpj1_d.jpg

Is this the one you mean? It's the only one I could find. Yeah, it's 3d printed alright. And pretty much how I expect a 3D printed mock up to look using commonly available FDM print to look like.

I have never seen a 3D printed that can produce anything close to what's in the OP. not even SLA printing.
Dreamcast logo looks really bad here

Oct 25, 2017
3d printer can't produce the necessary level of accuracy and quality. Though you could print molds.

Though it's a lot of work for creating a fake N64 mini.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017

2018 is the year of the shadow drop.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Quick, someone zoom in on the reflection on the logo and see if there is a tree that we might be able to analyze and find on Google street view.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
It's probably fake, but it still pisses me off that Nintendo uses the wii controller sockets for these minis instead of USB like any other company in the world would.

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
Fake (but it's coming).
Like said in reddit:
"That extending old school socket is too fragile for this to be legit. That would snap off in thirty seconds. It's simply not Nintendo's style"