ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
If it's fake, it's very well made. But I'm still inclined to doubt that it's genuine.

In particular, the address listed on the back is for NCL in Kyoto. But the Classic consoles are developed by NERD. The address on the back of my [North American] NES Classic is for NoE in Frankfurt, Germany.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the physics of what's happening in the lower left shot. It looks like the cord would be going through the faceplate in order to plug in like that. And as others have said, that is a very long distance for that faceplate to be extended. Plus it looks too clean overall, I'm going with render

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hope it's real, that would mean that it's closer than I thought.

This year seems off the table though. We are way too close to the sales season to announce this thing and put it on shelves too. Hopefully it's not winter 2019 though. Earlier is appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
This is what the ideal line up would be (Rare games excluded for obvious reasons)

Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Super Smash Bros
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Snap
Paper Mario
Mario Kart 64
Mario Golf
1080 Snowboarding
Harvest Moon 64
Wave Race 64
F Zero X
Bomberman 64
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Mischief Makers
Snowboard Kids
Sin and Punishment (Japanese only coming to the west)
Custom Robo (Japanese only coming to the west FOR THE FIRST TIME)
Bangai-O (Japanese only coming to the west FOR THE FIRST TIME)

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I mean even if it's fake, this is exactly what it's going to look like including the pull out ports. Though here they do look ridiculously awkward to plug the real controllers in.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Yea I was talking about how far it comes out. I mean are we honestly saying this:

is this same as this?
Perhaps the flap can't just drop down because the controller ports need to be sideways and therefore much more lower compared to the SNES/NES. You need to be able to shove four controllers in there.
And if the ports were positioned correctly, the controller adapters would bump each other.

If fake it's well thought out.

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
It's fake but Nintendo should hurry up with their reveal and launch it alongside the PSX mini in December, like a week earlier or later, then we would have a consolewars like in the 90s. That would be so cool, hahha. Just put some unreleased 64DD games (F Zero add on, Ura Zelda, etc.) on it and people would go crazy xD

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is what the ideal line up would be (Rare games excluded for obvious reasons)

Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Super Smash Bros
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Snap
Paper Mario
Mario Kart 64
Mario Golf
1080 Snowboarding
Harvest Moon 64
Wave Race 64
F Zero X
Bomberman 64
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Mischief Makers
Snowboard Kids
Sin and Punishment (Japanese only coming to the west)
Custom Robo (Japanese only coming to the west FOR THE FIRST TIME)
Bangai-O (Japanese only coming to the west FOR THE FIRST TIME)

Worth it for Ninja and Mischief Makers alone. But I've learned not to hope when it comes to those old niche 64 games I rented from weird grocery stores back in the day.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Assume fake until Nintendo announces. People are way too good with photoshop, 3d printing, and trolling

For example,
nintendo_nx_fake.0.0.jpg

Edit: looking up model number shows mod clv 001 as nes classic and mod clv 201 as Snes Classic. This has mod clv 401 in the pic. Doesn't mean much as someone could easily see the pattern, but I just noticed it and wanted to say.

Last edited:

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's 'real', it still can be a fake.
That's my point, if those are photos of a physical N64 mini, there's no way they're fake. No way in hell.

As I said before though, if they are fake physical, they're the best fakes ever. Doesn't seem feasible to produce moulds to this level for a hoax.

Edit: guess we'll just have to wait and see

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully they'll release it 18 moths later in Europe to give it a really retro feel.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Team fake. That controller pull out thing looks way too dumb to be real

EDIT: Talking about the length it comes out, guys. Way too big of a design oversight imo to be real.

Yup, totally agree with this. The NES and SNES ones hardly came out much at all, that bottom left picture on this one looks totally fake.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
why would it have a memory expansion slot?

The same reason the SNES Classic has the eject button, just a matter of faithfulness. It probably won't open either, like the NES cartridge flap

Also for what it's worth it seems like CLV-401 isn't taken. 001 was the NES Classic, 101 was the Famicom, 201 was the US SNES, and 301 was the Super Famicom. So that part is well researched if it's a fake.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assume fake until Nintendo announces. People are way too good with photoshop, 3d printing, and trolling

For example,
nintendo_nx_fake.0.0.jpg

Edit: looking up model number shows mod clv 001 as nes classic and mod clv 201 as Snes Classic. This has mod clv 401 in the pic. Doesn't mean much as someone could easily see the pattern, but I just noticed it and wanted to say.
Just had a super quick go at "leakifying" this image hehe
xiQJhBT_d.jpg

Original is way too clean for a leak. Haha

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's clearly a product render. Not an actual product. Someone has thought "what would a 64 with the Classic design language look like"

And they came up with this. Taking photos of the screen tho? Clever attempt to mask that but you see zero texture on the device that you would IRL with plastics.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Is that an adaptor for original controllers?

And what's with the memory expansion port?
Whether these images are real or fake, it would make sense for an N64 Classic to have a false memory expansion hatch etched into the plastic in order to emulate the look of the original console. There's no way that the mini console would have an actual memory expansion port, though.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Could as well be real. The cover coming all the way out would make sense, with the way the plugs are set up and them being closer to the surface than on the SNES.
If it's fake it's extremely well thought out and rendered.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If they make one, I think they really should try including versions of Pokemon Stadium with an integrated Gameboy Tower. Mimicking the connection between Stadium and Red/Blue/Gold/Silver could be a big selling point especially considering the Nintendo 64's limited catalogue.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's clearly a product render. Not an actual product. Someone has thought "what would a 64 with the Classic design language look like"

And they came up with this. Taking photos of the screen tho? Clever attempt to mask that but you see zero texture on the device that you would IRL with plastics.
X8veURi_d.jpg
I just took this of og console. Not much texture on it either.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm, curious to see if this is real or fake, but I do expect one sooner or later, and I still think it will have some surprises.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Too good to be fake. #teamreal
But i'm waiting per GB classic (also the version in cell-shell it's ok for me...)

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a picture of a screen. What ever the leak is supposed to be of is probably product pictures of it. I don't know though with 3D printing and shit these fakes can literally be real physical items. It could be fake in that it isn't an official product, but real in that its actual non functioning mini n64 mockup someone physically made. That said, we do know its coming at some point so even if this is fake its probably more of when than if. I have no idea though so I'm going to go with it's a real physical item but not sure if official.