Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone! I got about 90 minutes of hands-on time with Pokémon Scarlet and have a bunch of content going up over the next couple of days on the channel.

Here's the preview discussion we did talking about everything, but in short I had a banger of a time:

View: https://youtu.be/znf4JfdC67g

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
pokecen.jpg

Heal screen

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Previews are pretty glowing tbh, and glad that they seem to have edited out shit in the open world, it seems like there is a ton of stuff everywhere

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Looks like the small area that Gamexplain had to explore had a nice range of levels in one area ala Xenoblade. Also that the small area of the map they had to explore was huge, which bodes well for size

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Previews are pretty glowing tbh, and glad that they seem to have edited out shit in the open world, it seems like there is a ton of stuff everywhere
Yeah, I suspected that at the time. Honestly so baffled as to why they decided to make the open world look so dead in that 14 minute trailer with all the Pokemon stood still surrounded by empty space.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
These auto-battles resolve in seconds, passively, earning them XP in the process. Nintendo was sure to emphasize that this is less XP than they'd earn from a traditional battle, so as to not break the game balance, but it's a welcome addition if you want the freedom to explore the world without constantly breaking your concentration for a random battle.

From the Gamespot preview, nice to hear that

Also good to know that Mela is actually pretty hard

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's absolutely awesome that Serebii found a shiny, shame it wasn't for one of the new pokemon as that would have been extra special but it's still awesome

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Omfg this game looks so good. Even the sandwich making game looks fun, reminds me of Cooking Mama

After all that, you can initiate wild battles by throwing a Pokeball at the Pokémon.
Legit megaton

These auto-battles resolve in seconds, passively, earning them XP in the process. Nintendo was sure to emphasize that this is less XP than they'd earn from a traditional battle, so as to not break the game balance, but it's a welcome addition if you want the freedom to explore the world without constantly breaking your concentration for a random battle.

From the Gamespot preview, nice to hear that

Also good to know that Mela is actually pretty hard
Great for farming crafting material too!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Free camera movement in battles is confirmed!

"And there is a certain wow factor in being able to freely move the camera to see your own trainer and surrounding area from whatever angle you'd like during the battle." (from gamespot)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I happened to take on the Path of Legends first, solving some simple environmental riddles to locate, in what had to be an intentional reference, a giant enemy crab. (I pointed this out to my Nintendo representatives and no one laughed.) After attacking its weak point for massive damage, it scurried off, and I had to locate it a second time. Having defeated it a second time, it escaped again, and I was warned in no uncertain terms not to follow it. There appears to be more to this questline than we were allowed to see in this short preview, but that also makes it hard to evaluate how engaging the Path of Legends will be in practice.

Very interesting

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a lot of people will look this over, but the sandwich mini game is actually a great time lol

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You have to manually engage trainers to start a battle?

But...when two trainers eyes meet..

I don't understand the world anymore. ;_;

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
At Pokémon Centers - outdoor structures that look like petrol stations rather than shops - there are trainers who give out challenges, like beating a certain number of nearby opponents in a set time, while there was a kind of collectible sidequest linked to one new thing that I can't mention.

Interesting!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ah so the "coin" pokemon was mentioned but they can't talk about it

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Pokémon react to the weather. Farigiraf will run in circles during the rain while Bellibolt will hop around in excitement.
Wild Pokémon can spectate wild battles
Wild Pokémon react to the environment and some wild Pokémon will hide in the tall grass to run away

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
Climbing and Gliding are part of early game which means I shall be bum rushing to ice mountain to try and obtain the ice/dragon 😎

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Couple of people mentioning that Mela has a 'tough' ace that can one-shot Water types, hmm, sounds like the Kappa to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.