• After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Khu directly called the mon OP with a great new ability too
Yeah and I mentioned that, just pointing out that they've done that trick of a high BP move with no drawbacks before. Noivern's stats are technically high but Boomburst specifically is offset by the lack of STAB and lower SpA. I could see them getting this idea right the second time.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Yeah and I mentioned that, just pointing out that they've done that trick of a high BP move with no drawbacks before. Noivern's stats are technically high but Boomburst specifically is offset by the lack of STAB and lower SpA. I could see them getting this idea right the second time.
Boomburst was never a signature move though, Exploud also got it in gen 6

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
Previews make more sense than a trailer for this week, but I'm not sure we'd see any Pokemon revealed with them. The previews for Sword/Shield acknowledged that they saw a number of new pokemon but they were embargoed from talking about them (like Rookidee, Nickit, Chewtle, etc)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Previews make more sense than a trailer for this week, but I'm not sure we'd see any Pokemon revealed with them. The previews for Sword/Shield acknowledged that they saw a number of new pokemon but they were embargoed from talking about them (like Rookidee, Nickit, Chewtle, etc)
I'm 50/50 on previews or a trailer, but I think we get one of the above. I'm leaning towards trailer just because of the Masuda tweet

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Boomburst was never a signature move though, Exploud also got it in gen 6
Sure, but I think it was clearly made with Noivern in mind. It was shown with the move in its debut, and then again during the E3 roundtable, where they said that Noivern was going to be a very powerful Pokémon (lol). I believe it was also highlighted as Noivern's move in the initial press info.

edit: And even if you look at Exploud or Swellow, Boomburst is balanced off by the lower SpA. I think Toxtricity is the mon with Boomburst and the highest SpA.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If the Dunsparce evo really does have an alternate form thats cool and I'm surprised we weren't told about this earlier

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I hope the Dunsparce evo has alternate forms, that'd be rad.
They should give us a couple new Baby Pokémon...

Hell, introduce convergent evolution...give us a baby Octillery and have both it and Remoraid evolve into Octillery.
The only new cross gen baby I want is baby Kangaskhan, and only because the design already exists. Other than that babies feel like a waste of dev resources to me. I'd take 2 new cross gen evos over 6 new babies.

Also I'm really sorry, but I hate the idea of a split pre evo for a Pokemon that already has a first stage. Baby Octillery would be the most pointless pre evo entirely because of Remoraid's existence.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, Khu really went off today.

We don't actually have the 'coin' mons type confirmed do we? We just know it's Ghost, right?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I was all for the idea of a baby Kangaskhan but isn't the whole point of the baby that it can't manage on its own outside of the pouch? (which is what mega evolution enabled)

Wow, Khu really went off today.

We don't actually have the 'coin' mons type confirmed do we? We just know it's Ghost, right?
I would guess Ghost/Steel since its evolution is made of gold

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I was all for the idea of a baby Kangaskhan but isn't the whole point of the baby that it can't manage on its own outside of the pouch? (which is what mega evolution enabled)

I would guess Ghost/Steel since its evolution is made of gold
Yeah me too, I'm just wary of another Bellibolt situation where we're all convinced it's dual type and it turns out to be pure Ghost.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
If there's ever a Baby Kangaskhan, it should really be a smaller Kangaskhan with an even smaller baby in its pouch.

Basically confirm that they're a single entity. One does not exist without the other.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Dunsparce2's alt form explains why Kaka said it basically looks the same except bigger. Like the dolphin, there's a twist.
Yeah me too, I'm just wary of another Bellibolt situation where we're all convinced it's dual type and it turns out to be pure Ghost.
Khu said that the Gen 6 written out in that one "riddle" image (with the treasure and words like "pee," "cells") was meant to be a hint towards its type.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It could be argued that a lot of baby Pokemon can't manage on their own, lol.
I think a baby Kangaskhan would also be cool because it would be the perfect time to introduce a male alternate evolution.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Dunsparce's evolution is, I hope it resembles this fan art.

tumblr_pd766b6gLa1tyhxbyo1_1280.pnj

smash-chu.tumblr.com

Funny dog zone: Photo

She / They • 25 • Swede • Hello there! I'm Sabina and this is my art + personal blog, expect both art of things and my thoughts. I like to draw my ocs a lot and have no self control about making more designs all the time. Literally just draws monster women and piñatas all the time, you've been...

Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Jul 22, 2022
Whatever Dunsparce's evolution is, I hope it resembles this fan art.

tumblr_pd766b6gLa1tyhxbyo1_1280.pnj

smash-chu.tumblr.com

Funny dog zone: Photo

She / They • 25 • Swede • Hello there! I'm Sabina and this is my art + personal blog, expect both art of things and my thoughts. I like to draw my ocs a lot and have no self control about making more designs all the time. Literally just draws monster women and piñatas all the time, you've been...

Funniest thing I've ever seen.
That Dunsparce is relatable because it looks just like me.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Starting this month there is going to be a lot of noise in the gaming sphere so it wouldn't be the dumbest thing if they started ramping up marketing. Although keeping in mind that we, dedicated fans already committed to buying the game and hoping for more info, may not be the target audience.

CTheng

Apr 28, 2020
I'd imagine they would reveal at least one Ghost type in October. It is spooky season after all, so it it the perfect time. I wonder which Ghost they'd choose, if this is the case.

But then again, maybe we'll get nothing. TPC marketing strategy is wildy unpredictable and sometime questionable.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
It might rely on a gimmick, like Cherrim and other mons cursed with an alternate form
I'd rather it has a gimmick than be forgettable :P
It could just be a Morpeko like form where it changes after using an attack. Maybe it can switch between Normal and Ground type by using Dig or something

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I remember making an evolution for Dunsparce when I dabbled in ROM hacking. It was called Dunshine and was a glow worm/lightbulb kind of deal.

Now I'm hoping that whatever it is, it's called Abunduns lol. Curious to see what the deal is with its forms, maybe one of them gains a type which would be more exciting than pure Normal like previously implied.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I'd imagine they would reveal at least one Ghost type in October. It is spooky season after all, so it it the perfect time. I wonder which Ghost they'd choose, if this is the case.

But then again, maybe we'll get nothing. TPC marketing strategy is wildy unpredictable and sometime questionable.
I'm not sure they've ever specifically released a Ghost type as a tie in for Halloween tbh. They didn't reveal any new Pokemon at all from Oct 6th - Nov 11th for Sword and Shield, and just continued the regular reveals around that time for Sun and Moon.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about y'all, but Bellibolt is already enough nightmare fuel for me this Spooky Month.

i-5yOpqu0wKabB94EymZpFukiyuQNwiX_O2ADAmwa4eLoGD-U9HIvrExYhGJF4L2SApzbKikin60=s560-nd-v1-rwa

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I've been resisting my pokemon game craving so that this game can fill it, SV launch can't come soon enough

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
A "liquid metal humanoid" evolution unlocked by repeatedly catching the first stage? That's not your coin mon, that's Melmetal

Jul 22, 2022
That fucking frog is my least favorite Pokemon I think ever. Anyway I hope the Dunsparce evo stays kind of fat and weird, it's cute like that.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What Pokemon, confirmed or otherwise, do you anticipate putting on your team? Fuecoco is in the front of the line for starter choice, but I'm waiting for the final evolution. Sprigatito would be next in line. No interest in Quaxly at the moment. I'm definitely putting Pooper Scooper Paldean Wooper on my team. Armarouge is 100% a mainstay. Wiglett is so silly that I have to use it. I like Lechonk, but I gotta see the evolution first. I'm a stickler for type diversity, but I may make an exception for Fuecoco if I still like it after it evolves because Armarouge ain't goin' nowhere. That Pokemon is just too sick.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
What Pokemon, confirmed or otherwise, do you anticipate putting on your team? Fuecoco is in the front of the line for starter choice, but I'm waiting for the final evolution. Sprigatito would be next in line. No interest in Quaxly at the moment. I'm definitely putting Pooper Scooper Paldean Wooper on my team. Armarouge is 100% a mainstay. Wiglett is so silly that I have to use it. I like Lechonk, but I gotta see the evolution first. I'm a stickler for type diversity, but I may make an exception for Fuecoco if I still like it after it evolves because Armarouge ain't goin' nowhere. That Pokemon is just too sick.
Feucoco for starter, the sushi dragon, the Kamen rider, the hammer fairy and the kestrel/seagull. Also interested in what the ice/dragon peusdo will look like.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England

Having a form makes me think there is chance they are overthinking it rather than keeping it simple. Dunsparce's design is already pretty good as a monster design, I wouldn't like to see it be given the Linoone to Obstagoon treatment where a simple design suddenly has 500 concepts going on at once. Just a simple chubby snake would be enough for me.

I suppose I should keep in mind Kaka said it's like Dunsparce but bigger.... but he also failed to mention it having a form entirely lol

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I am not sure I understood the coin properly (especially since I am not familiar with zygarde).
You need to collect a pokemon several times and once you have collected enough, it evolves into the final form ? But the pokemon you need to collect is not a pokemon that can be added to your team, only the complete form is ?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest problem with Bellibolt is that it doens't look like a frog. It doesn't look like anything else really, he feels like some sort of Kirby monster with the lack of definition in his limbs.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
My biggest problem with Bellibolt is that it doens't look like a frog. It doesn't look like anything else really, he feels like some sort of Kirby monster with the lack of definition in his limbs.
A frog-like Kirby monster is pretty much what its going for, whether or not that appeals to you is another story, but I tend to like pokemon that look like Kirby enemies(Hatenna being another prime example)

Status
Not open for further replies.