• After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Changing the way Leafeon/Glaceon/Vikavolt etc evolve was a great quality of life decision. They need to go a step further. There are a lot of gen 5 Pokemon that evolve too late. Trade evos should be updated. There's probably more I can't think of right now.
Totally agree, the ease of evolving certain Pokemon in Legends was great for teambuilding. I get that they want to treat Pokemon like real creatures and not retcon their traits if they can help it, but there's some evolution methods that just really need to change.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
and also gen 4 I feel hit a lot of "man why did this get a PRE evolution". Chingling....
Chingling always struck me as something they were going to add in Gen 3 but never had the time to, haven't found any evidence of it yet though. Chimecho was cut and re-added late into the process but there's no slots in the sprite and early dex indexes that sound like Chingling.

Definitely think it should have gotten the Roserade treatment back then, but now that we're getting crossgens again it might have a chance either this gen or in the 10th.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
nope, the actual location of the league is a current unknown
Well then, what's up with the Stadium-looking building northwest of Mesagoza then within the Map of Paldea? There's even a Pokémon center near it too!
GReKzgy.jpeg

It's clearly either for the Pokémon League or a postgame facility for sure. Unless I'm mistaken. Otherwise, why have it designed like a Stadium?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
One baby I think works okay is Budew

I've always liked turning the boring Roselia into the middle form of a 3 stage line. It feels like it works really well

Tyrogue is cool too. Tying previously unrelated Pokemon into being related is novel and hasn't really been done again

Mandelbrot

Sep 16, 2019
Well then, what's up with the Stadium-looking building northwest of Mesagoza then within the Map of Paldea? There's even a Pokémon center near it too!
It's clearly either for the Pokémon League or a postgame facility for sure. Unless I'm mistaken. Otherwise, why have it designed like a Stadium?
It even has a cave leading up to it like Victory Road.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree, the ease of evolving certain Pokemon in Legends was great for teambuilding. I get that they want to treat Pokemon like real creatures and not retcon their traits if they can help it, but there's some evolution methods that just really need to change.

They keep introducing weird evolution methods though. Like, how will Runerigus evolve in future entries? It's another Ice/Moss rock all over again.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Masuda tweeted let's do our best again this week 💭

How quaint to find another Cyclizar enjoyer on these message boards. Exquisite taste.

My team would look a lot like yours if I didn't care about repeating types, but my OCD can't handle it. It's either mono or no repeats for me, and whenever I try to be spontaneous and just pick whatever looks cool I end up restarting my playthrough. Can't do it unfortunately.

So I'm currently torn between Armarouge and Fuecoco. If I end up choosing another starter I'm also free to pick up Primeape evo, hm...
Haha I feel very similarly, realistically I will probably end up having different teams and spreading them out due to exp share. And yeah, love Cyclizar. Looks like a classic Pokemon that would be right at home in gen 1 or 2

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Masuda tweeted let's do our best again this week 💭

Haha I feel very similarly, realistically I will probably end up having different teams and spreading them out due to exp share. And yeah, love Cyclizar. Looks like a classic Pokemon that would be right at home in gen 1 or 2
I honestly think we could get previews this coming week, or if we're lucky another trailer

Edit: You know what I'm calling my shot, another trailer this week

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The funniest thing about the babies is that some of their exclusive moves are actually worse.

Like Marill gets Belly Drum as an egg move but Azurill doesn't, so why would you ever hatch an Azurill?

FfL1u-NaYAAQS-L

Confirmation from Khu that these are now the only mons not on switch.

Biggest loss overall for me is Minior, Serperior and Zebstrika
Serperior, Ducklett, Swanna, Pikipek, Toucannon and Minor are all in the best Switch Pokemon game though! New Pokemon Snap

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The babies are interesting from the perspective of getting a more natural look at newborn pokemon rather than them being born full sized weirdos right out of the egg like Mr. Mime is without adorable Mime Jr. But I totally get it takes up more resources than it deserves which is why you don't see new ones much.

Its cool getting to see what a baby pikachu looks like but unfortunately does not do much for actual gameplay.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The babies are interesting from the perspective of getting a more natural look at newborn pokemon rather than them being born full sized weirdos right out of the egg like Mr. Mime is without adorable Mime Jr. But I totally get it takes up more resources than it deserves which is why you don't see new ones much.
But even with Mime Jr existing, Mr Mime can still hatch because lol Gamefreak

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Khu just tweeted this

Parrot, mice, TLJJ, dolphin, boxes, R ox; (TLJJ is Dunsparce evo)

Pig;

Engine & coin.

Could be what we can expect to be revealed in upcoming trailers(potentially even one this week)

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Khu just tweeted this

Pig;

Engine & coin.

Could be what we can expect to be revealed in upcoming trailers(potentially even one this week)
Just saw that too and had the same thought. If true this could be a fun one. Very interested to see Paldean Tauros(es)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Just saw that too and had the same thought. If true this could be a fun one. Very interested to see Paldean Tauros(es)
if true the next trailer would be massive showing off the Parrot, the Mouse couple, Dunsparce evo, the box legends again?, and Regional Tauros. And going by Masuda we may even expect it this week

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn the mention of previews made me realize how close we are. The dams will be open soon enough now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Khu just tweeted this

Pig;

Engine & coin.

Can't wait for the deets on the engine pokemon.

Won't happen but would be amazing if Rotom could fuse with this thing.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Khu just tweeted this

Pig;

Engine & coin.

Does Khu have any knowledge of their marketing? I think this is a stretch to say this is all going to be in a trailer this week.

Edit: Someone on twitter may have figured it out. Top row is alternate forms, 2nd row is gender differences, and 3rd row is modified forms

Last edited:

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Does Khu have any knowledge of their marketing? I think this is a stretch to say this is all going to be in a trailer this week.

Edit: Someone on twitter may have figured it out. Top row is different forms, 2nd row is gender differences, and 3rd row is modified forms
I don't remember much but I'm pretty sure he hinted lechonk right before that trailer. But yeah maybe not related at all

Jun 16, 2019
Interesting, if that's the case we didn't know anything about Dunsparce's evolution having multiple forms did we? I wonder how different they are.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

Edit: Someone on twitter may have figured it out. Top row is alternate forms, 2nd row is gender differences, and 3rd row is modified forms
nah I don't think thats it, I doubt the Dunsparce evo has an alternate form, at least not that we heard of.

Also Khu said that the coin pokemon is never actually a coin, its just the codename he uses, based on its looks its some sort of itemfinding vessel that accumulates coins and eventually evolves into some liquid metal golem

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
nah I don't think thats it, I doubt the Dunsparce evo has an alternate form, at least not that we heard of.

Also Khu said that the coin pokemon is never actually a coin, its just the codename he uses, based on its looks its some sort of itemfinding vessel that accumulates coins and eventually evolves into some liquid metal golem
The coin has been compared to the Zygarde cells and the engine has been confirmed to have been modified for the car. I think it's on the money, honestly.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
TLJJ? What does that even stand for? Hmm...
(And yes I know it's relating to the fabled Dunsparce Evo. I just want to know what TLJJ stands for and means.)
Tu long di di is the chinese name for dunsparce(di di meaning little brother), Tu long Jie Jie is apparently the name of the evo in chinese( Jie Jie meaning older sister)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Also apparently according to Khu what we saw in the trailer is that pokemon's equivalent of a zygarde cell, and not the pokemon.

So I assume its similar to cells in that you can collect a certain amount for the first stage, and then you collect even more to evolve it

Wulava

Jul 18, 2022
I was looking at the SWSH pre-release cycle and it's that time of the year...
English hands-on impressions for SWSH came out on October 18th, 2019. Japanese previews came out the week after on the 25th.

Is there any chance of seeing game previews this week?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
FWIW, that 14 minute gameplay overview had the narrator state that we'd need to play the game ourselves to learn about Team Star's car, which made me think that they do not plan to formally reveal the engine before launch.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I was looking at the SWSH pre-release cycle and it's that time of the year...
English hands-on impressions for SWSH came out on October 18th, 2019. Japanese previews came out the week after on the 25th.

Is there any chance of seeing game previews this week?
I think maybe we would have heard that something was coming this week, at least some hubbub.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Also Khu gave more details about the coin.

He said the evolution is hard work, and you can catch the first stage in the wild.

Picking up the cell equivalent counts as +1 towards the evolution, but catching the first stage counts as +10 or +50(he can't remember)

He said the first evo is hard to respawn but its the best way to get multiples of the final stage of this pokemon

Jul 22, 2022
Also Khu gave more details about the coin.

He said the evolution is hard work, and you can catch the first stage in the wild.

Picking up the cell equivalent counts as +1 towards the evolution, but catching the first stage counts as +10 or +50(he can't remember)

He said the first evo is hard to respawn but its the best way to get multiples of the final stage of this pokemon
Lol this Pokemon sounds bizarre. And yet, despite all this, Kaka still said Primeape has the hardest evolution. Makes you wonder what you'll have to do for that thing if this Spiritomb treasure hunt thing isn't the hardest.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Further info about the "coin" mon: This thing sounds legendary tier tbh

This pokemon is op, with a powerful new ability and a crazy high power signature move without any negative effect(Khu tweet)

Update on the move:
5pp 140/150bp attack move iirc

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Lol this Pokemon sounds bizarre. And yet, despite all this, Kaka still said Primeape has the hardest evolution. Makes you wonder what you'll have to do for that thing if this Spiritomb treasure hunt thing isn't the hardest.
This is the second or third time that Khu has warned that the coin mon's evolution is pretty hard to obtain. I'm guessing the Primeape evo is more in line with something like Runerigus or Sirfetch'd with a very specific task.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Khu said that 6/7 star raids are actually hard this time around and have lvl 100 final stage pokemon in them(the max star rank in SWSH was lvl 60 pokemon)

Also paradox pokemon are only found in 7 star raids(so no weak paradox raids lol)

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I know he said that it's OP, but "high power move without any negative drawback" is what they did for Noivern, which is a relatively weak mon all things considered. I could see the intended negative drawback to its signature move being low offensive stats.
Khu said that 6/7 star raids are actually hard this time around and have lvl 100 final stage pokemon in them(the max star rank in SWSH was lvl 60 pokemon)
Okay that rules

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I know he said that it's OP, but "high power move without any negative drawback" is what they did for Noivern, which is a relatively weak mon all things considered. I could see the intended negative drawback to its signature move being low offensive stats.

Okay that rules
I mean Khu directly called the mon OP with a great new ability too

Status
Not open for further replies.