Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Someone in the spoiler-free discussion topic (iirc) claimed they clocked six hours by the first gym. I think if you beeline it, then yeah the campaign can be shortened significantly, but it seems clear that GF are putting a lot of emphasis in the Wild Area as a sort of buffer.

Or I just think it depends on how one plays their games

I don't know why length is being a big deal for the first time ever in Pokemon

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, what it seems like in the end is that the games simply did not get the development time they needed to achieve everything they set out to, and there are cutbacks and compromises all around as a result. They have still turned out fine, due to the core Pokemon formula being strong, and an inspired decision in the Wild Area, but Game Freak is working on thin ice here, and probably needs to severely rethink its approach - and the time it takes - on future games.
6iltrj0sl4qz.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Easier then Let's Go, Streamlined to hell and back, and the pop in is charming in its own Pokemon way. Easily a 9/10. Yeah I'll let you guys think I'm drinking the Confirmation Bias Koo-Aid but the only accurate and objective review so far is the Eurogamer one.
Pointing out that you're engaging in confirmation bias does not, in fact, mean that you can't be criticised for engaging in confirmation bias. This is a risible statement.

No review is objective, including the Eurogamer one, and they would be the very first to admit it.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I haven't played and beat a Pokemon game since the original Red. I've been thinking of buying Sword and I'm guessing now is as good a time as any to jump in?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's so many big companies that do so much wrong and you chose to focus all of your attention on the guys who make the cartoon creatures.
You assume I don't have issues with other companies?

I'm simply sick of any complaints I have being brushed off and being lumped in with the harassers all the time.

GF did a lot these past few Gens I don't like, why should I have to accept that?

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These reviews make me feel so good.

No hyperbole. No whining. No impotent rage.

See this folks? This is what real criticism is.
This is kind of embarrassing. The games are scoring below most mainline Pokemon games, not drastically, but below. Review copies were very limited though, so it could still swing either way the more reviews come in later on

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Cutting pokemons / moves etc from the game is absolutely dissapointing and hopefully knocks down the score in most reviews. Still given the relatively high score, the other stuff which hasn't gained much attention in the leaks must be pretty good, so I am starting to get pretty hyped about playing these games again.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
If people - especially fans - are genuinely happy with the game then that's great. But the games have felt increasingly watered down over the years and the reviews, even the positive ones, seem to confirm that.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever you wonder if review scores matter, remember the best pokemon game ever got a mc of 54.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecentral weren't that impressed:

In Short: The furore over Dexit may be overblown but even without it this is an underwhelming and unambitious attempt to modernise Pokémon and expand its horizons.

Pros: The core Pokémon gameplay is as engrossing as ever and the Wild Area is a small but important step forward. Some great new pokémon designs and surprisingly fun script.

Cons: Low tech values and production values. Too few new features and too many old ones that are removed or smoothed over to the point of irrelevance.

Score: 7/10

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
I don't understand how dynamaxing can be 'more versatile' (according to gamespot) than mega evolutions when you can only do it in a fraction of the game.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Great reviews. Gonna be my first main line Pokemon game since... I think maybe Ruby and Sapphire. I played Let's Go and enjoyed it but that is a remake.

IzzyRX