What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can you refresh our memory about the gen split in X/Y ?
There are around 120 out of 151 Gen 1 Pokemon in Gen 6, with the region's legendaries being the 3 Kanto birds again and Mewtwo and the Kanto starters being given to you straight after receiving your Kalos starters

At 457 Pokemon that is nearly a quarter of the pokedex is gen 1 pokemon

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair, before XY this was barely a common complaint. We just had BW before it.

And Masuda at least said part of Game Freak's staff was resisting the Let's Go stuff internally too. Maybe these people had more of a say in Sword Shield.
Trust me, I really really hope you're right, but the potenial of armored mewtwo and charizard already is a red flag.
Can you refresh our memory about the gen split in X/Y ?
Well, there 109 kanto pokemon in the xy dex, and 14 megas....that's kind of a lot.

Not to mention the fact that the post game has mewtwo and the three birds, literal copy paste of viridian forest, team flare's base is basically a copy paste of team rocket, getting the kanto starter, etc.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018

I voted dragon, but I would like to see all the official versions of these fake ones.

CwZiiGi.jpg

DPr9WbA.png
z3efUmt.jpg

EI6n3Lm.png

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
What would be a cool progression for this game while also celebrating older gens:

Gen 8 starter obviously given at the beginning of the game.

Eevee is given after the first gym with tips on how to get the new eeveelution(s) while also making it possible to get the older eeveeloutions as well

After gym 3, you get a choice between the three Gen 5 starters

There is a side dungeon midway through the game where players can encounter/catch the only Spirtomb

After gym 7, you get a chouce between the three Gen 3 Starters

After you beat the Elite Four, The Legendary Dogs from Gen 2, the three Regis from Gen 3 and the Genies from Gen 5 are all available to capture.

N from Black and White is the secret final boss in the post game final dungeon similar to Mt Silver
Honestly I think this is awful

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
So I just tried to start a new game on my copy of Black 2 and realized that, to do so, I have to give up on the challenge mode key that I only happened to get because at the time I was living abroad in the US, since here in Brazil it's not very easy to find people with 3DSs.

At the time I thought since I was lucky to get it, I could forever play my game on challenge mode, but no, even after all this trouble to get it, GF has to be as anal as possible about it and I can't start a new game with it. So basically it's a very important functionality of the game that is lost forever for me.

It is beyond stupid that they have to lock something as simple and mundane as a hard mode behind all this bullshit, I can't believe it. I really wanna be all understanding of Game Freak the way some of you are, but it's impossible, they go out of their way to frustrate the players.
If you happen to have a hacked 3DS, you can extract the save file and then unlock challenge mode with this computer program. (Not that you should have to go to such extreme measures to enable a difficulty setting. GameFreak's handling of that was BS.)

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are at least trying this time.
1552142070841.jpg

All of them are including gym masters now.

How would the King of Galar know about Mega Evolutions if Mega Stones weren't created until after the Ultimate Weapon was used 3,000 years ago? I thought the war ended once the nuke went off.

Some of that fake seems ok and the rest is pure fantasy at best.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope all of the legendaries are acquirable in Sword and Shield, just like in ORAS.

Probably be an Enhanced version thing like in USUM

Which is for the best, let the new legends have a chance to stand out first. I always feel Xerneas/Yveltal and certainly Zygarde got short changed because of the advertising focusing on Mewtwo X and Y.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys...the solution to gen 1 pandering is not gen 5 pandering...that's like saying "this dictatorship isn't working....the solution must be...we need another dictator! one that i agree with!"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably be an Enhanced version thing like in USUM

Which is for the best, let the new legends have a chance to stand out first. I always feel Xerneas/Yveltal and certainly Zygarde got short changed because of the advertising focusing on Mewtwo X and Y.
At least Xerneas and Yveltal got the last laugh with usefulness

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I saw some YouTuber arguing that Galar would have an explorable underground and those train tracks aren't for nothing. It would be a nice way to expand the region.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I mean honestly, I don't care. With the amount of gen 1 pandering and the total lack of gen 5 pandering, it can even out.

I would say at this point it's just easiest for gamefreak to take a pokemon ultimate sort of approach and just include the top twenty most popular pokemon from each generation plus whatever new pokemon

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Any post claiming that Scorbunny's line will have an Electric typing is extremely hard to believe.

Last edited:

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Guys...the solution to gen 1 pandering is not gen 5 pandering...that's like saying "this dictatorship isn't working....the solution must be...we need another dictator! one that i agree with!"
Stop using the most overrepresented Gen for one of the most underrepresented one. Obviously it wouldn't be right pander forever, but a game or two wouldn't hurt.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The only case of pandering worse then Gen 1 pandering, is Gen 5 pandering. I'd rather have 100 new variants of Mewtwo, Charizard and Pikachu than any variants of the Unova starters. Such a low point in the series, and whenever I look at the Unova Pokedex, it's shocking just how bad it is.

If GameFreak would pander to Gen 2/3/4, hell, even Gen 6, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Gen 5 on the other hand, that would be a very hard pass.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The only case of pandering worse then Gen 1 pandering, is Gen 5 pandering. I'd rather have 100 new variants of Mewtwo, Charizard and Pikachu than any variants of the Unova starters. Such a low point in the series, and whenever I look at the Unova Pokedex, it's shocking just how bad it is.

If GameFreak would pander to Gen 2/3/4, hell, even Gen 6, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Gen 5 on the other hand, that would be a very hard pass.

Maybe the worst pokemon related post ever on era.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really played since Red/Blue when I was 10 or so, and I am very excited for this one. I played a bit of black (2-3 hours?), so this will be my first full game since the originals.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Is it ?

Saying that the Unova starters are some of the weakest in the series don't strike me as controversial ? Especially coming from Gen 4.
Well, I don't agree about the starters at all, but even then...you didn't imply just the starters.

Such a low point in the series, and whenever I look at the Unova Pokedex, it's shocking just how bad it is.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I don't agree, about the starters at all, but even then...you didn't imply just the starters.
It was not me btw who claimed that. I am just joining the conversation.

Well you seemed to imply that every word he said was wrong, including the starters part.

Regarding the Dex part, and you know what we say about tastes and colors, I think the last two generations were better than Gen 5 (+ good/great overall).

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
The solution isnt to pander to another gen, lol. Thats the job of the remakes.

Either pander to all gens roughly equally, or, what I would prefer, keep pandering to a minimum altogether.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It was not me btw who claimed that. I am just joining the conversation.

Well you seemed to imply that every word he said was wrong, including the starters part.

Regarding the Dex part, and you know what we say about tastes and colors, I think the last two generations were better than Gen 5 (+ good/great overall).
Well it's all opinion obviously, but gen 5 as a whole has the most pokemon I like. It's obviously also the biggest regional dex, but I think a huge percentage of it is great. I do prefer gen 4 and 7 starters as a whole, but I think the gen 5 ones are still good.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

How about not pandering at all and letting Gens stand on their own without a nostalgia gimmick?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's all opinion obviously, but gen 5 as a whole has the most pokemon I like. It's obviously also the biggest regional dex, but I think a huge percentage of it is great. I do prefer gen 4 and 7 starters as a whole, but I think the gen 5 ones are still good.
It is fair. Like I said, tastes and colors.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
just finished Let's Go Pikachu not 15mins ago

thank god this game was in development before that, because there is nothing to learn from that game (except pokemon on the field and riding pokes)

Let's Go had amazing pacing, and it added new story bits without dragging you along for 20 minutes. It actually opened up the game so that you can go pretty much anywhere with only 2 badges. It gave you a lot of choice in how to tackle content.

Meanwhile, Alola had literal roadblocks preventing you from proceeding. They couldn't even be bothered to make up Psyducks or Sudowoodos or dehydrated guards to block the road.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go had amazing pacing, and it added new story bits without dragging you along for 20 minutes. It actually opened up the game so that you can go pretty much anywhere with only 2 badges. It gave you a lot of choice in how to tackle content.

Meanwhile, Alola had literal roadblocks preventing you from proceeding. They couldn't even be bothered to make up Psyducks or Sudowoodos or dehydrated guards to block the road.
Well the actual roadblocks are more realisitc and less immersion breaking.

People complaining about sinnoh is what caused linearity though.

Oct 25, 2017
They would probably have to rethink it entirely in order to do DLC. Usually it's some changes here and there to the story while adding more things to the endgame, so adding on for the 3rd legendary doesn't seem doable since that happens before you beat the game. It would have to be in the base versions to begin with.
They could definitely make a new arc about obtaining the opposite legendary (especially if the two legends have different homes like GSC or Emerald). As for the third legendary, they could simply make that completely post-game content. Giratina, Rayquaza, and Kyurem were all only obtainable post-game in their original games.
I hope all of the legendaries are acquirable in Sword and Shield, just like in ORAS.
I honestly would rather not. It's one thing where it's sorta a one-time thing that seems like a cheeky homage, like Groudon/Kyogre in HGSS, but ORAS definitely removed all of the spectacle and originality from catching legendaries by just making them come out of wormholes instead of properly giving them homes or integrating them into the plot.
Well if gen 5 pandering leads to post game again and pwt...
There's a 50-50 chance they take BW's postgame (which is nothing) in that case as well.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I like how it's reached a point where referencing any older generation is seen as pandering.

Trust me, I really really hope you're right, but the potenial of armored mewtwo and charizard already is a red flag.
Two whole Pokemon with the same rumor including other generations. Such a red flag.

Well the actual roadblocks are more realisitc and less immersion breaking.

People complaining about sinnoh is what caused linearity though.
Gen 4 had a lot of bs that ending up getting removed so I'm mixed on that.

They could definitely make a new arc about obtaining the opposite legendary (especially if the two legends have different homes like GSC or Emerald). As for the third legendary, they could simply make that completely post-game content. Giratina, Rayquaza, and Kyurem were all only obtainable post-game in their original games.

I honestly would rather not. It's one thing where it's sorta a one-time thing that seems like a cheeky homage, like Groudon/Kyogre in HGSS, but ORAS definitely removed all of the spectacle and originality from catching legendaries by just making them come out of wormholes instead of properly giving them homes or integrating them into the plot.

There's a 50-50 chance they take BW's postgame (which is nothing) in that case as well.
Yeah, BW had less postgame than every game that has followed it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I like how it's reached a point where referencing any older generation is seen as pandering.

Two whole Pokemon with the same rumor including other generations. Such a red flag.

Gen 4 had a lot of bs that ending up getting removed so I'm mixed on that.

Yeah, BW had less postgame than every game that has followed it.
How did BW have less than xy? Did I play different games?

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
If I didn't know any better from reading comments on ERA I'd guess that X/Y and S/M deleted Gen 5 from existence and were Gen 1 remakes.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't know any better from reading comments on ERA I'd guess that X/Y and S/M deleted Gen 5 from existence and were Gen 1 remakes.
I mean a lot of subtle and unsubtle stuff is right from gen 1. Besides the obvious things, there is also the fact that you can go on a side route to victory road by the second main city, you find team flare the same way you find team rocket the first time, the main villain wears a suit, and some other stuff.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
Man, even though its the same formula, but this topic is far more popular than any other game out there

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017