What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Any particularly funny ones?
They are at least trying this time.
1552142070841.jpg

All of them are including gym masters now.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Just noticed there is a very well hidden cave right bellow the purple complex area to the east beneath the ice area. Definitely feels like this map has more of the little things hidden away.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Literally anyone can do a leak like that. I did one on PokeJungle during X/Y just to see what would happen and it was getting talked about for a couple of days. I even made a ton of mistakes that people ignored.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Literally anyone can do a leak like that. I did one on PokeJungle during X/Y just to see what would happen and it was getting talked about for a couple of days. I even made a ton of mistakes that people ignored.
PokéJungle lol
Honestly, is a fun read, but harmless(except if you are a YouTuber).

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only be happy with DLC if it completely replaced a third version. Like include version exclusives, allow catching of the other legendary, include a new subplot around the third legendary, include either a new campaign or new Battle Frontier-like feature (or both).

If people want a third physical version that aggregates the changes, I'm all for it, but don't make me pay $30 for a season pass and then release Pokémon Knight for $60 a year later with exclusive features that will never be DLC. In that case just don't make a season pass in the first place.

Edit: Also they better fucking not do what they did to XY/SuMo and introduce new Pokémon/features/items etc in future games in the generation and never patch SwSh to include them or at least make them battle compatible. That was tolerated pre-XY because it was impossible, but there was no reason for XY to not be fully compatible with ORAS or SuMo not compatible with USUM.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I wonder if people have scoured past 4chan threads for any leaks that might've mentioned Gym Masters.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
1552142070841.jpg

Getting gifted an egg with a Gen 1 Pokemon in it right at the start of the game that has a new evolution? With how pandering game freak have been for the last 2 generations and what they did with the Kanto starters in X and Y this particular point is actually quite believable due to how fucking stupid it is

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only be happy with DLC if it completely replaced a third version. Like include version exclusives, allow catching of the other legendary, include a new subplot around the third legendary, include either a new campaign or new Battle Frontier-like feature (or both).

If people want a third physical version that aggregates the changes, I'm all for it, but don't make me pay $30 for a season pass and then release Pokémon Knight for $60 a year later with exclusive features that will never be DLC. In that case just don't make a season pass in the first place.

Edit: Also they better fucking not do what they did to XY/SuMo and introduce new Pokémon/features/items etc in future games in the generation and never patch SwSh to include them or at least make them battle compatible. That was tolerated pre-XY because it was impossible, but there was no reason for XY to not be fully compatible with ORAS or SuMo not compatible with USUM.

They would probably have to rethink it entirely in order to do DLC. Usually it's some changes here and there to the story while adding more things to the endgame, so adding on for the 3rd legendary doesn't seem doable since that happens before you beat the game. It would have to be in the base versions to begin with.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Getting gifted an egg with a Gen 1 Pokemon in it right at the start of the game that has a new evolution? With how pandering game freak have been for the last 2 generations and what they did with the Kanto starters in X and Y this particular point is actually quite believable due to how fucking stupid it is
Even in the fake leaks, people are embracing Kanto.

Just watch, someday one of these leaks will be real, with Kanto pandering, and we will joke about it.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
How would you guys feel if during the second half of the year, near the game's launch, they announce DLC for the game?

Similar to Xenoblade, Zelda, they announce an Expansion Pass for the game, releasing in 2 main parts. The first one (spring 2020) including a challenge (hard) mode and new battle facilities (battle frontier basically) and the second one being a brand new campaign with new areas in the region to explore (fall 2020). This would essentially replace upper versions and would cost from $20 to $30.

I would like this, but why would they do this when they can and will release this content (minus the hard mode and battle facilities) for $60 in the third version(s).

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018

If it is an evolution and not a new forme, it will at least be considered gen 8. So I don't think that's too bad, like how you get an Egg for a Togepi in Platinum. It was a little silly in Sun/Moon though, where on your first visit, the Daycare gave you an Egg for an Eevee, when it was easily catchable.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
That leak is pure bollocks anyway but why do people keep saying the new area will be connected to Kalos? Has there been a hint about it anywhere?

The idea of 2 regions going to war being based on Britain and France would be very incendiary for Pokemon lol

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What if they interacted realistically with their environment.
Then that would be a lot better. As they are in LG, it doesn't seem natural....walking around aimlessly...and just honestly connects into my mind that the game is a Go cash grab from how it taken from that. I just don't get how people say it makes the world seem so much more alive personally.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1552142070841.jpg

The only believable part of that rumour is being given an egg that will hatch into a gen 1 Pokémon.

Also that "leaker" clearly fails to remember that Mega didn't appear till after AZ fired the great weapon and ending the war. Nor do they take into account how Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire retcon some of the story event of X and Y.

Also it's very interesting how "leaks" have suddenly appeared after the game were announced and not before.

Indeed, the gen 7 game straight up gave the player an egg that hatched into a gen 1 Pokémon. ¬_¬;

I get the feeling that they are going to let the 20th anniversary of Gen 2 pass and continue focusing on nothing but gen 1 till the end of time.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, it should just be expected. Gamefreak are even more of genwunners than genwunner fans.
SwSh's trailer had a good variety of Pokémon from every gen at least and the second Pokémon we saw was even Minccino. I had a good feeling that they listened to complaints... that may be wrong of course, but I'll wait before complaining.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
SwSh's trailer had a good variety of Pokémon from every gen at least and the second Pokémon we saw was even Minccino. I had a good feeling that they listened to complaints... that may be wrong of course, but I'll wait before complaining.
I'm skeptical. The xy reveal trailer and even e3 also showed a balanced mix, but then we know what happened.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
So I just tried to start a new game on my copy of Black 2 and realized that, to do so, I have to give up on the challenge mode key that I only happened to get because at the time I was living abroad in the US, since here in Brazil it's not very easy to find people with 3DSs.

At the time I thought since I was lucky to get it, I could forever play my game on challenge mode, but no, even after all this trouble to get it, GF has to be as anal as possible about it and I can't start a new game with it. So basically it's a very important functionality of the game that is lost forever for me.

It is beyond stupid that they have to lock something as simple and mundane as a hard mode behind all this bullshit, I can't believe it. I really wanna be all understanding of Game Freak the way some of you are, but it's impossible, they go out of their way to frustrate the players.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just tried to start a new game on my copy of Black 2 and realized that, to do so, I have to give up on the challenge mode key that I only happened to get because at the time I was living abroad in the US, since here in Brazil it's not very easy to find people with 3DSs.

At the time I thought since I was lucky to get it, I could forever play my game on challenge mode, but no, even after all this trouble to get it, GF has to be as anal as possible about it and I can't start a new game with it. So basically it's a very important functionality of the game that is lost forever for me.

It is beyond stupid that they have to lock something as simple and mundane as a hard mode behind all this bullshit, I can't believe it. I really wanna be all understanding of Game Freak the way some of you are, but it's impossible, they go out of their way to frustrate the players.

Yeah that was just straight up stupid and rather than go back and refine and expand on the idea, Game Freak just dropped it made the game easy.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical. The xy reveal trailer and even e3 also showed a balanced mix, but then we know what happened.
Well to be fair, before XY this was barely a common complaint. We just had BW before it.

And Masuda at least said part of Game Freak's staff was resisting the Let's Go stuff internally too. Maybe these people had more of a say in Sword Shield.

Oct 25, 2017
What would be a cool progression for this game while also celebrating older gens:

Gen 8 starter obviously given at the beginning of the game.

Eevee is given after the first gym with tips on how to get the new eeveelution(s) while also making it possible to get the older eeveeloutions as well

After gym 3, you get a choice between the three Gen 5 starters

There is a side dungeon midway through the game where players can encounter/catch the only Spirtomb

After gym 7, you get a chouce between the three Gen 3 Starters

After you beat the Elite Four, The Legendary Dogs from Gen 2, the three Regis from Gen 3 and the Genies from Gen 5 are all available to capture.

N from Black and White is the secret final boss in the post game final dungeon similar to Mt Silver