• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
The dude who calls for empathy whilst ceaselessly antagonizing folks on a video game forum.

So you're incapable of both reason and empathy. GTFO my life.
You're on the ignore now because I really just need to remove people like you from my life so I can try and enjoy what time I have left.

Maybe one day you'll look back at how being a killjoy just displays a lack of empathy.

I really don't need any more killjoy types in my life who enjoy telling people they need therapy. Luckily there's a button for to remove incompatible people from your life.

Basically you're just here to whine....If nothing else these threads have been great for putting people on ignore and removing them from my life.

tenor.gif

Get off ResetEra and focus on your health.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well this thread has gone some ways.

Also, can Pikachu least jump forward a little bit in that attack, instead of just jumping upward?:P

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
What a ducking dumpster fire of a thread. Y'all think we really gonna read all these paragraphs of y'all arguing?

The game is what, about a month away from release and people still haven't gotten over it? What's even going on right now?

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
The dude that calls the Pokemon fandom entitled brats never misses a chance to take jabs at posters he disagrees with and throw a pity party for himself as if this were his private forum.

To think that asking for Blastoise(and M-Blastoise) to do a proper cannon animation in 2018(and 2019) is asking too much.

The guy gonna end up blocking everyone.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with a ton of what's been said in here on these past couple pages. I definitely have some frustrations with the direction Pokemon has being going in as well.

But.... who are you guys replying too? Maybe I set them to ignore or they set me to ignore lol.

I just see a bunch of posts arguing against a seeming phantom poster.

Oct 26, 2017
Why does the lighting look so good when you're moving around but look like total garbage in the catching segments?

I don't think you can make your shadows look more pre-baked and bad than this.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the lighting look so good when you're moving around but look like total garbage in the catching segments?

I don't think you can make your shadows look more pre-baked and bad than this.

I do wonder how their tools can handle real-time lighting. if this was indeed built for the 3DS, I can't imagine it was built to handle shadowing so many objects/alphas

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder how their tools can handle real-time lighting. if this was indeed built for the 3DS, I can't imagine it was built to handle shadowing so many objects/alphas

Well, this game might have been built for iPhone which probably could have handled real time shadows.

But they may not have cared to do real time shadows if it was being made for the iPhone at first, :/

Anyway, Let's Go's lighting is like the only thing that has been impressive looking but the catching screen just looks horribly pre-baked and awful here.

The lighting is also awful in the battle scenes, of course, but the camera angle hides it well. Whereas the camera can't be dynamic at all in the catching sections.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this game might have been built for iPhone which probably could have handled real time shadows.

But they may not have cared to do real time shadows if it was being made for the iPhone at first, :/

Anyway, Let's Go's lighting is like the only thing that has been impressive looking but the catching screen just looks horribly pre-baked and awful here.
all of Let's Go's lighting is baked. it looks especially bad in the catching because they didn't even try to match source direction or shadow color with the baked lighting.

then why go baked in the first place? probably to fit a performance profile of a 3DS/IOS game.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The animations in this game are great I don't know what you're talking about

dWoBRQL.gif

I-wha

This is a fucking special move and he's just sitting there WTF. Didn't they already animate a unique animation for when you use the move to fly to other towns, or was I just dreaming that? Jeez, they didn't even make the special moves... Special. At least give him a happy face and have him say "Pika!" when doing it so it can be cute.

Shit like this is always why I turn off the battle animations in Pokemon. In older gens, I leave them on to see how the moves look before shutting them off for speedier gameplay, but in Gen VI/VII I just never had them on save for when I thought a Z-Move would be cool. (And they were equally as terrible if it wasn't a signature move, just the Pokemon model sliding around. Same with Contest Mons in ORAS when they did that special thingy with their attract gauge)

Seems they aren't helping me change my mind...

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I agree with a ton of what's been said in here on these past couple pages. I definitely have some frustrations with the direction Pokemon has being going in as well.

But.... who are you guys replying too? Maybe I set them to ignore or they set me to ignore lol.

I just see a bunch of posts arguing against a seeming phantom poster.
People are dunking on the game so lvl 99 Pixel is having another one of his spirited sessions. He more than likely did put you on ignore, as he has always bragged about putting people being negative about the game on ignore.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
People are dunking on the game so lvl 99 Pixel is having another one of his spirited sessions. He more than likely did put you on ignore, as he has always bragged about putting people being negative about the game on ignore.

Oh hahaha. Then yeah that's probably what happened. There are definitely people here who defend Pokemon no matter what. Almostly blindly. I think we all love Pokemon. That's why we're here. Because we care enough to be involved in discussion about it with complete strangers on the internet. Some of us just feel things could be better than they are. Others can't handle that for whatever reason. Maybe they own a bunch of stock in Game Freak? Idk. Whatever it is, it makes them feel more secure to go to bat for the games no matter what the issue is. Wish we could all get along. But that isn't the way things work out here usually.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I haven't really been keeping up with Pokemon a lot since after Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red when I was a kid, but seeing the gameplay videos and hearing that music again...

I put my pre-order in. Just downloaded pokemon go as well. Does anyone know if the Pokemon you catch in Pokemon go will transfer immediately to your game? That's what I heard.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I haven't really been keeping up with Pokemon a lot since after Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red when I was a kid, but seeing the gameplay videos and hearing that music again...

I put my pre-order in. Just downloaded pokemon go as well. Does anyone know if the Pokemon you catch in Pokemon go will transfer immediately to your game? That's what I heard.
You have to wait till you get to Fuchsia City. It's where the fifth gym is.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Im gonna start going into any thread discussing any game and the moment someone has a critique of any specific part of said game, scream "joykill downer! I'm ignoring you so that what's left of my life won't be ruined by people having different opinions about Pokémon than me!" It's called an opinion bud, everyone is entitled to their own.

Oct 26, 2017
The animations in this game are great I don't know what you're talking about

dWoBRQL.gif

This kind of things makes me think that the move and pokemon animations are done by different teams and that they don't get to talk a lot...
Either that or there really was a restrained time and/or regular budget in place for the development of these games.

...I'll see if I can hold on to my optimism until the next gen games hit.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This kind of things makes me think that the move and pokemon animations are done by different teams and that they don't get to talk a lot...
Either that or there really was a restrained time and/or regular budget in place in the development of these games.

...I'll see if I can hold on to my optimism until the next gen games hit.
It's the Gen 7 engine so they are limited in scope.

I mean the rest of the animation for Floaty Fall isn't bad, just the going up into the air

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Do we know why some Pokemon have larger party sprites than others yet? I remember Fearow was shown with its current party sprite, but others like in the above image have new ones that are a fair bit bigger.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
This thread has been toxic from the start I just can't understand why people won't accept that this game just isn't for them. The levels of entitlement are through the roof.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
This thread has been toxic from the start I just can't understand why people won't accept that this game just isn't for them. The levels of entitlement are through the roof.

Show me an example of any game being made for only a single individual and I would agree. But as it stands, videogames broadly and Pokémon specifically are made for all ages. No need to be obtuse. Pokémon has always been for kids and adults.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This just proves how poor the animations, can't believe people actually defend this shitty practice, like having more options is a bad thing. Better animations brings more life into these Pokemon and better engagement.
Yeah, cutting out the actually animated parts of the move's animation to disingenuously mislead people does prove it :)

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, cutting out the actually animated parts of the move's animation to disingenuously mislead people does prove it :)
I've seen it and still could be improved, you don't think for gen 8 they should incorporate attack animations for specific Pokemon, e.g Blastoise shooting from its cannons, Pokemon actually shooting from its mouth, not the forehead, add a few extra attack animations for each Pokemon such such kicks, punches, headbutts for Pokemon that have limbs and have a unique animation for one of their powerful moves.

It's far from perfect and most of the move animations currently looks dull, lots to touch up on, if they keep the same animations since 6th gen for 8th gen, it's gonna be a disappointment.

Last edited:

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
But as it stands, videogames broadly and Pokémon specifically are made for all ages. No need to be obtuse. Pokémon has always been for kids and adults.

I'm saying people are being entitled because they are raging at the game for not meeting their personal standards. They're acting as though the Pokemon Company owes them something personally, it's weird.

I'm an adult who is fine with this game because I know exactly what it's trying to be which in my opinion is a casual remake of the first game focused more on collecting than battling.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's still not good. Going "well the rest of the animation isn't shit!" Doesn't invalidate my previous criticisms.

The bag items sure, but Pokemon sprites can stay. Just at a higher resolution.
ironically all the sprites have been redone and are a higher quality for this game. They want to keep the low-resolution pixel look

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I've seen it and still could be improved, you don't think for gen 8 they should incorporate attack animations for specific Pokemon, e.g Blastoise shooting from its cannons, Pokemon actually shooting from its mouth, not the forehead, add a few extra attack animations for each Pokemon such such kicks, punches, headbutts for Pokemon that have limbs and have a unique animation for one of their powerful moves.

It's far from perfect and most of the move animations currently looks dull, lots to touch up on, if they keep the same animations since 6th gen for 8th gen, it's gonna be a disappointment.

I know the gifs from stadium probably get posted a lot but those animations have yet to be topped in a mainline game.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I'm saying people are being entitled because they are raging at the game for not meeting their personal standards. They're acting as though the Pokemon Company owes them something personally, it's weird.

I'm an adult who is fine with this game because I know exactly what it's trying to be which in my opinion is a casual remake of the first game focused more on collecting than battling.

These aren't personal standards. Things like items, abilities, and wild battles have been around since gen II even including the FRLG remakes. There is context here, it isn't a blank slate.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
It's ludicrous how defensive a few Pokemon fans are of stuff like even the obviously underwhelming animations. That there's a serious comparison to an N64 game at all, even more so one that in part favors said two decades old game, is basically indefensible. There could be 100 times, instead of just five times, the number of Pokemon and I'd still point towards the fact that GameFreak literally makes billions with the largest media franchise and the technologically and general development progress dwarfs any theoretical advantage Pokemon Stadium had by a massive factor.

Just the work pipeline alone should allow for significantly higher throughput of even high-quality animations, especially in a competent studio.

The scale and therefore basically number of Pokemon and attacks shouldn't be an issue for this billion-dollar studio. You know, if it weren't for impossibly low ambitions, at least. There's expanding, or at least outsourcing, which in the case of models and animations is most certainly nothing unheard of. I would hope GameFreak at least invested in / hired excellent engine programmers so that the feature-set and implementation of everything is a non-issue.

There just shouldn't exist a comparison between Pokemon Stadium and PKLG, but it does and has at least some merit.

I don't even want to dream about the beauty that the vastly more ambitious and competent Nintendo developers would bless us with if they were to develop a modern Pokemon Stadium or—gasp—a regular Pokemon game. Good thing we're stuck with GameFreak instead. Haha :(

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It still raises without any animation though. Just inicial animation is different.

Not sure what the serebii dude is trying here.
He's pointing out that the rest of the animation is good, so who gives a shit about a second of bad animation surrounded by seconds of good animation? It's nitpicking to the craziest degree. It only looks that bad when you watch that one section on loop in a gif like a crazy person.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
He's pointing out that the rest of the animation is good, so who gives a shit about a second of bad animation surrounded by seconds of good animation? It's nitpicking to the craziest degree. It only looks that bad when you watch that one section on loop in a gif like a crazy person.
No, I'm saying that if you're going to judge something, judge the whole thing, don't just crop the worst elements and then act like it's all of it

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018

Its not "nitpicking" though. Pikachu raises as if it still touching the ground lol(reminds me of Dragonite flying animation on Pokemon Stadium).

Too difficult to make Pikachu act as if its levitating? Or this is yet another excuse for you guys to defend?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Its not "nitpicking" though. Pikachu raises as if it still touching the ground lol(reminds me of Dragonite flying animation on Pokemon Stadium).

Too difficult to make Pikachu act as if its levitating? Or this is yet another excuse for you guys to defend?
It's nitpicking because it's a split second of an animation. Why do you care so much?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't want to change the animation up, they can always change the effects presentation. Stuff like Battle Revolution had some really nice effects work that the games haven't caught up to yet