Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
You are failing to take into account that there now more moves and Pokémon that didn't exist during Stadium.
Hire more man power and make the animations better, there's no excuses. Pokemon makes mammoth returns for both GF and Nintendo, they should spend more budget on the worlds biggest media franchise to make a more competent complete product, Pokemon has so much potential to be better.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hire more man power and make the animations better, there's no excuses. Pokemon makes mammoth returns for both GF and Nintendo, they should spend more budget on the worlds biggest media franchise to make a more competent complete product, Pokemon has so much potential to be better.

I think about this all of the time because, you're right, there isn't any reason they couldn't do those things. Like, hypothetically, what would it be like if an Ubisoft-like workforce was developing the next Pokemon game? I don't know, but I'd be curious to see.

Do we have any idea what the budgets typically are on Pokemon games? Maybe it's just a simple matter of them making an insane return on a relatively small investment.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think about this all of the time because, you're right, there isn't any reason they couldn't do those things. Like, hypothetically, what would it be like if an Ubisoft-like workforce was developing the next Pokemon game? I don't know, but I'd be curious to see.

Do we have any idea what the budgets typically are on Pokemon games? Maybe it's just a simple matter of them making an insane return on a relatively small investment.
at that point, taking the game out of Game Freak's hands and putting it in Nintendo's hands would be necessary. maybe keep GF on as producers, but I don't think they can handle such a scale.

as for budget, they're probably fairly big for their respective systems. probably not the 3DS games though. same for the Switch games (Gen 8).

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They should put the effort in to future proof their games. They had the chance to work on just that with Lets Go, and they aren't even trying.

This has always been a really dishonest comparison, I guess for meme purposes.
Stadium had a few unique animations, but it also shared idle animations with entrance animations and attack animations which is far more recycled than whats happening in Gamefreaks games.

They gave Pikachu unique animations for certain moves like the new starter moves, volt tackle(?) or thunderbolt which look great, as well as some neat entrance animation and all the things going on with the refresh/amie side, but I guess choose the one that's a generic physical move?

Calling them lazy you could at least try (heh) to make an honest argument.

This just seems like you're expecting Japanese companies to be altruistic for some reason. People are buying their game regardless probably because most people really don't care that much that the battle animations having a lot of shared and generic functions.

When you're set on typing "they don't even care" when they still add thousands of animations, just not for your favourite Pokemon you just sound really entitled.

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
ORAS didn't cut core features innate to the entire franchise

It's really not a fair comparsion between ORAS and LG games.

But it did induce some of the most insultingly easy difficulty to ever grace the franchise up to that point, and was the beginning of the end of the Safari Zone or anything like it (XY had a friend Safari and it just became a normal route in ORAS... Because the owner of it suffered from depression from not getting enough business from that model.) along with any hope of a good post-game before SM did a decent one with the Ultra Beasts and Battle Tree. It's pretty much THE game to suffer the most from Masuda's direction despite it not even being directed by him, and with him in full control of LGPE it's not a good sign that he pretty much plays the helicopter parent role this time around.

Call me crazy, but after 800 hours in Gen III growing up, and after enjoying FRLG (Despite it's clunkiness) and HGSS for being great remakes, ORAS is easily the worst of those since not only did it fail as a sequel to HGSS, but it failed in that it's not even as fun to play as base RS. Freaking base RS from 2002, without any prior connectivity to older Pokemon games had more enjoyment than ORAS for me since the contests basically acted as the second quest of the game and only Tate and Lisa were an utter joke when it came to Gym Leaders/E4. I'll never touch ORAS again in my entire life, while I still plan to buy a copy of GBA Ruby for the sake of streaming and redoing Hoenn.

For me, ORAS is hands down the Sonic 06 of the Pokemon Series. May not be a buggy mess or infuriatingly cheap, but it's easily the most disappointing Pokemon game I had ever played, after years of being hyped for a Hoenn remake and being more excited with the announcement, only to be stabbed in the heart when I got the game and realized how horrifically easy it was. Dare I say, even the prerelease demo offered more of a positive impression than the final game since it didn't reveal that there was no Tower/Frontier, dumbed down contests, no game corner, no Trainer Hill, or even any significant post-game to speak of. I'm surprised I even bothered to 100% The National Dex in that game due to the sheer awfulness, (Something Gen VII stupidly took away for no reason... and LGPE takes that a step further by erasing all the other Pokemon from existence!) but I had to get my money's worth somehow. There's a damn good reason people on GameFaqs are absolutely livid over ORAS four years later.

That's why I do not want a Gen IV remake ever. I no longer trust Game Freak to make a good remake ever again, and that's why I'm kinda glad they're flat out confessing that their future remakes will just dumb down everything in the form of this spinoff series, when Yellow has so much potential to be a good in-depth remake with pre GSC Johto, post-game areas, fixing the problems of Gen I/III while having every Pokemon. But with this and not even bothering to give the starters signature moves to make stuff like Blastoise's Cannon animate properly, or even have Pikachu/Eevee use different animations for the moves they can learn since they're the unique starters. Every month I hold out hope this game will introduce something to make me turn into liking and enjoying the game like Sun/Moon did, (pain to replay, but that first playthrough was very enjoyable and made me not write off the series completely like my friend did) but this is all just doing the opposite. The fact they think Pokemon players would go insane at the sight of anything non-kanto in this game proves my point.

Also this. Pokemon's so fucking huge that to see more budget put into Mario Odyssey despite seeing a lot, lot less than Pokemon just really depresses me. It feels like Pokemon just barely entered the 2007 era of RPG gaming, when it has so much work to do.

Oct 27, 2017
This has always been a really dishonest comparison, I guess for meme purposes.
Stadium had a few unique animations, but it also shared idle animations with entrance animations and attack animations which is far more recycled than whats happening in Gamefreaks games.

They gave Pikachu unique animations for certain moves like the new starter moves, volt tackle(?) or thunderbolt which look great, as well as some neat entrance animation and all the things going on with the refresh/amie side, but I guess choose the one that's a generic physical move?

Calling them lazy you could at least try (heh) to make an honest argument.

It's not dishonest. I don't think everyone is calling for every pokemon to have completely unique animations for every attack they can learn, but pokemon currently do have unique animations for specific attacks, as you've stated. All people are saying is Gamefreak should
1. Expand the number of "generic" animations per pokemon. Maybe add another 2 to each
2. Expand the number of unique animations for specific attacks. Blastoise can use his cannons for all water attacks if they want

And before you say this is a huge undertaking, they've been reusing these models and animations since XY, which launched in 2013, and they've only released 81 new pokemon since then (literally only in SuMo, and the new pokemon in Go). They've had plenty of time to update the animations since then. Hell, they spent a ton of effort on the Amie animations that could have gone into battle animations and been more appreciated as that feature wouldn't be cut in the next game

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Also this. Pokemon's so fucking huge that to see more budget put into Mario Odyssey despite seeing a lot, lot less than Pokemon just really depresses me. It feels like Pokemon just barely entered the 2007 era of RPG gaming, when it has so much work to do.

Until the game next year we really have no frame of reference for comparing Mario Odyssey and Pokemon's budgets, but you also need to remember that Pokemon has always been a handheld game up until now so its kind of weird to expect Gamefreak to be matching Nintendos biggest 1st party games for production value.

They really don't owe us shit just because their games were/are super popular.

It's not dishonest. I don't think everyone is calling for every pokemon to have completely unique animations for every attack they can learn, but pokemon currently do have unique animations for specific attacks, as you've stated. All people are saying is Gamefreak should
1. Expand the number of "generic" animations per pokemon. Maybe add another 2 to each
2. Expand the number of unique animations for specific attacks. Blastoise can use his cannons for all water attacks if they want

And before you say this is a huge undertaking, they've been reusing these models and animations since XY, which launched in 2013, and they've only released 81 new pokemon since then (literally only in SuMo, and the new pokemon in Go). They've had plenty of time to update the animations since then. Hell, they spent a ton of effort on the Amie animations that could have gone into battle animations and been more appreciated as that feature wouldn't be cut in the next game

Its dishonest because it shows the few good animations from a spinoff that was made entirely for that purpose vs the least impressive of Game Freaks animations.

Like I cant believe I even have to explain that to you.

Adding 2 more to every single pokemon really is a massive feat that isn't going to appeal to developers or investors because it sounds like a huge waste of resources with no returns. You think more people are going to buy the game because it has pikachu kicking instead of jumping?

Again, its just entitlement to expect these companies to cater to your every wish just because they're successful

Oct 27, 2017
Until the game next year we really have no frame of reference for comparing Mario Odyssey and Pokemon's budgets, but you also need to remember that Pokemon has always been a handheld game up until now so its kind of weird to expect Gamefreak to be matching Nintendos biggest 1st party games for production value.

This is the same tired excuse used over and over again. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till 2018, but with how behind they are, it's bullshit to keep excusing them. Anytime they release a new game on a system it's "Gamefreak is new to *insert system*, you can't expect them to compare to other devs on it!" and then by the time they've gotten a halfway decent grasp of a system the next one is released and the excuses repeat. Pokemon is the among the biggest media franchises in the world. The developer of the main games for the series honestly have no excuse.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Oh yeah, I know full well that they've been used to the handheld mindsets and whatnot, but considering how well they worked out on the GBA/DS, only for them to make 3DS games that didn't look nearly as good as Greezo's Zelda games until SM came around it's very disappointing to seem them go back to the Gen VI style of models for the game on the Switch. I never expected this to be the same quality of AAA spending as your typical Assassin's Creed or whatnot, (And I actually think the art style itself looks very nice and the cell shading is pretty) but the whole aspects on the animations is definitely where they should take advantage of the new hardware first. Or if they don't want to do it for every Pokemon, do it for the major ones, or the starters, the ones people will instantly recognize. Nobody really will lose sleep if they don't have Spewpa use a unique animation where he knits an electroweb and fire it at an opponent, but having Blastoise's Cannon or Pikachu's Volt Tackle be animated like in the anime would be real nice...

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
You guys doing okay in here?

Pokemon owes the gamers money, and we're here to collect.
Mystery Dungeon too, those guys sell millions and should have bigger budgets.

Oh yeah, I know full well that they've been used to the handheld mindsets and whatnot, but considering how well they worked out on the GBA/DS, only for them to make 3DS games that didn't look nearly as good as Greezo's Zelda games until SM came around it's very disappointing to seem them go back to the Gen VI style of models for the game on the Switch. I never expected this to be the same quality of AAA spending as your typical Assassin's Creed or whatnot, (And I actually think the art style itself looks very nice and the cell shading is pretty) but the whole aspects on the animations is definitely where they should take advantage of the new hardware first. Or if they don't want to do it for every Pokemon, do it for the major ones, or the starters, the ones people will instantly recognize. Nobody really will lose sleep if they don't have Spewpa use a unique animation where he knits an electroweb and fire it at an opponent, but having Blastoise's Cannon or Pikachu's Volt Tackle be animated like in the anime would be real nice...

Im pretty sure thats exactly how it looks now

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that ORAS was a bad remake and Emerald was the better game, but I'm still excited for Diamond and Pearl remakes. I think they had the best atmosphere out of any Pokemon games, but they're hampered by how goddamn slow they are. And the HM grind up Mt. Coronet. Ugh.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
You mean the audience that made games like Minecraft and Fortnite into absolute juggernauts when they literally have no tutorial at all or hand holding for that matter?

Speaking of which I'm not sure how fortnite is that entertaining to kids, other than it being a decently produced game for free, the battle royale part doesn't seem fun based on if you die you have to leave and go into the menu to go into another game everytime you die. I'd rather sit at a respawn screen. Not sure that game would do well with a price placed on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Its dishonest because it shows the few good animations from a spinoff that was made entirely for that purpose vs the least impressive of Game Freaks animations.

Like I cant believe I even have to explain that to you.

Adding 2 more to every single pokemon really is a massive feat that isn't going to appeal to developers or investors because it sounds like a huge waste of resources with no returns. You think more people are going to buy the game because it has pikachu kicking instead of jumping?

Again, its just entitlement to expect these companies to cater to your every wish just because they're successful

I'm sorry, but "that isn't going to appeal to developers or investors because it sounds like a huge waste of resources with no returns" is a laughable excuse that only seems to apply to Gamefreak. Tons of developers include features and touches in their game that serve no functional purpose, but help further immerse the player in the experience. Whether it's random things like BOTWs actually simulated weather system or RDR2's horse testicles, including these small features are extra work simply for the sake of the player. You act like Gamefreak hasn't done that as well. Tell me what about the unique animations in Amie enticed "developers and investors" enough to warrant their inclusion?

Nov 1, 2017
The animations in this game are great I don't know what you're talking about

dWoBRQL.gif

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
poor The Pokemon Company. making over a billion dollars with just one game (Go) is not enough to pay to outsource all those <5 second animations. it would totally bankrupt them.

and before you tell me how much work animating 5 seconds of animation is, I got a useless piece of paper here that shows I know how much work goes into it. with all the manpower they can hire for such a game, it can be done. and we aren't even talking about Ubisoft levels of manpower here

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but "that isn't going to appeal to developers or investors because it sounds like a huge waste of resources with no returns" is a laughable excuse that only seems to apply to Gamefreak. Tons of developers include features and touches in their game that serve no functional purpose, but help further immerse the player in the experience. Whether it's random things like BOTWs actually simulated weather system or RDR2's horse testicles, including these small features are extra work simply for the sake of the player. You act like Gamefreak hasn't done that as well. Tell me what about the unique animations in Amie enticed "developers and investors" enough to warrant their inclusion?

EAD/EPD always pushed the bar in the industry for innovation so its always weird to see comparisons to them.

Amie/Refresh was an entirely new feature that they put a lot of effort into, yes. I think that had exponentially more benefit to selling Pokemon than adding more battle animations as the personable, cutesy side of Pokemon is a massive part of why the franchise is so huge.

poor The Pokemon Company. making over a billion dollars with just one game (Go) is not enough to pay to outsource all those <5 second animations. it would totally bankrupt them.

and before you tell me how much work animating 5 seconds of animation is, I got a useless piece of paper here that shows I know how much work goes into it. with all the manpower they can hire for such a game, it can be done. and we aren't even talking about Ubisoft levels of manpower here

but they do add thousands of animations. Just not for your personal favourite moves for your personal favourite pokemon.
those selfish corporate bastards!

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Let's Go is a wild success you can bet that we'll be getting Let's Go Pichu & Togepi 2020 if it sells good but only "remake" level of sales then probably not. GF wants to see if they can get some of the Go audience to buy the game and it all depends if that strategy is successful or not. And let's be honest, people are not asking for Gen IV or Gen V remakes like they did for Gen 2 and Gen 3.

I'm still worried that they've scrapped traditional remakes for future Let's Go titles

Oct 27, 2017
Amie/Refresh was an entirely new feature that they put a lot of effort into, yes. I think that had exponentially more benefit to selling Pokemon than adding more battle animations as the personable, cutesy side of Pokemon is a massive part of why the franchise is so huge.
This is baseless assertion. Amie/Refresh are a feature only seen by a fraction of players while battles are seen by ALL players

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
if a thousand piss worthy animation cycles is what you'd call good, it looks like Game Freak already sold you that bridge

Whats the frame of reference here? Nintendogs?

This is baseless assertion. Amie/Refresh are a feature only seen by a fraction of players while battles are seen by ALL players

Its a selling point because it was new and marketed as such. Pokemon has battles and nobody expected it not to?
I don't even know what your argument is

are you honestly contending that adding more battle animations would have more market appeal than the addition of amie/refresh did?

I don't think the mass market gives a shit about the battle animations as much as you think, and its more just adults with too much time on their hands on forums.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the frame of reference here? Nintendogs?
what isn't a good frame of reference? there isn't a shortage of monster raising games out there. and even ignoring all that, there's an example on this very page that showcases the poor animation

The animations in this game are great I don't know what you're talking about

dWoBRQL.gif

a completely bespoke animation that even includes unique assets that no other pokemon will use. and they couldn't even bother to pose Pikachu outside of his idle animation.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
are you honestly contending that adding more battle animations would have more market appeal than the addition of amie/refresh did?

I don't think the mass market gives a shit about the battle animations as much as you think, and its more just adults with too much time on their hands on forums.
Actually I wouldn't put it past people to notice and be influenced by these things - even children. I think there's excitement for everyone in seeing your Pokemon in action, and the level of detail/realism can make it that much more engaging. I don't know if that sells Pokemon better than Amie but it's definitely not just something forum nerds care about.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
what's funny is, this seems like an easy fix if they changed how "beam" moves worked. having the root parented to a point (or two) on the model would remove the need to make specific animations (the attacking animation would either have to be long enough, or they'll just have to cut away at the right time).

Pokemon Stadium did just this for shit like Blizzard, Hyper Beam, etc.
tumblr_o65q8uSxiS1v5gk1xo1_500.gif
tumblr_o9o62pj3wn1v5gk1xo1_500.gif
30b.gif

they could just do what ORAS and DQ8 did, with have it as a separate scene and just transition to the ground. would still open up the game considerably
What Stadium does is super slow(probably to pad out the battles) and the animations need to move at a similar speed to what Let's Go does, so they would probably need to find a middle ground if they made changes

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What Stadium does is super slow(probably to pad out the battles) and the animations need to move at a similar speed to what Let's Go does, so they would probably need to find a middle ground if they made changes
indeed, stalling is bad enough with megas and, even worse, z-moves eating up time

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I wouldn't put it past people to notice and be influenced by these things - even children. I think there's excitement for everyone in seeing your Pokemon in action, and the level of detail/realism can make it that much more engaging. I don't know if that sells Pokemon better than Amie but it's definitely not just something forum nerds care about.

Nah, im 99% certain its just people who enjoy being downers on internet forums. Having an interactive Pokemon pet is something that was marketed front and center, and had strong ties to the rest of the gameplay.
Im amazed people can even attempt to downplay the influence of the anime and merchandise branding that's largely to do with making them more personable and it just sounds unreasonable.

The other things advertised were mega and Z moves subsequently, because they were more than just generic animations and could be shown off in trailers in a bombastic manner. Then again some of them looked like this with no animation at all.

Do kids notice that some attacks look weird? probably. But that's not going to influence their interest or the games sales at all.

Last edited:

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017

This is what Nintendo's all about. Someone said earlier that Nintendo wasn't flashy like other publishers but I'd argue that they always have been, they've just gone a different route. Instead of pursuing the fastest technologies they imbue a toy-like charm into everything they produce. If Nintendo had control of development there's no doubt the Let's Go games would be full of lively animations and quirky features.

Oct 27, 2017
Its a selling point because it was new and marketed as such. Pokemon has battles and nobody expected it not to?
I don't even know what your argument is

Nah, im 99% certain its just people who enjoy being downers on internet forums. Having an interactive Pokemon pet is something that was marketed front and center,

If it was such a selling point why does it get so little visibility? You're trying to revise history when we can easily go back and check. With Pokemon XY while they had a gameplay trailer that it was included Amie, along with other new features while Megas, which were the big feature for that gen (and surprise, were battle oriented) had their own trailer. And with SuMo, Refresh was included in a new features trailer, but multiple trailers were reserved for Z-Moves and Alola forms, which were the big new features (and again, battle oriented). Refresh wasn't even close to be "front and center"

This isn't me being a "downer" or whatever reason you come up with. This is me pointing out the logical inconsistencies in you claiming that the extraneous animations created for Amie/Refresh were worth it, but extra animations for battles wouldn't be. I don't think an argument can be made to support that claim

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, im 99% certain its just people who enjoy being downers on internet forums. Having an interactive Pokemon pet is something that was marketed front and center, and had strong ties to the rest of the gameplay.
Im amazed people can even attempt to downplay the influence of the anime and merchandise branding that's largely to do with making them more personable and it just sounds unreasonable.

The other things advertised were mega and Z moves subsequently, because they were more than just generic animations and could be shown off in trailers in a bombastic manner. Then again some of them looked like this with no animation at all.

Do kids notice that some attacks look weird? probably. But that's not going to influence their interest or the games sales at all.
"people buy it anyway" is not an excuse for poor animation for so many gens in a row. wanting game freak can do better. I'm not being a downer "just because". I'm down because Game Freak's continual inability (at this point it's lack of desire) to step up to the plate is annoying. I'm not even asking for a AAA game here. just basic-ass QoL functions, and the attention to detail that I'd expect from a Nintendo gam

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing for me is that I'm kind of tired of Pokemon games being about profit margins / selling merchandise first, rather than being engaging video games. That's what's at the heart of my issues with where the series has gone. I know it's always been about the multimedia thing, but the games feel almost like advertisements for merchandise produced in as fiscally stringent a manner as possible at this point, and it's all got a rather cynical air to it for me.

Cautiously optimistic they're going to work more at making the main series better from Gen 8 forward though.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
If it was such a selling point why does it get so little visibility? You're trying to revise history when we can easily go back and check. With Pokemon XY while they had a gameplay trailer that it was included Amie, along with other new features while Megas, which were the big feature for that gen (and surprise, were battle oriented) had their own trailer. And with SuMo, Refresh was included in a new features trailer, but multiple trailers were reserved for Z-Moves and Alola forms, which were the big new features (and again, battle oriented). Refresh wasn't even close to be "front and center"

This isn't me being a "downer" or whatever reason you come up with. This is me pointing out the logical inconsistencies in you claiming that the extraneous animations created for Amie/Refresh were worth it, but extra animations for battles wouldn't be. I don't think an argument can be made to support that claim

New generic animations aren't advertised and would never be a selling point, amie/refresh were a big new feature and people, including myself bought XY largely because of this.
Similarly the follow and ride pokemon are advertised in this game because its more personable, not because it has anything to do with one of many thousands of battle animations.

"people buy it anyway" is not an excuse for poor animation for so many gens in a row. wanting game freak can do better. I'm not being a downer "just because". I'm down because Game Freak's continual inability (at this point it's lack of desire) to step up to the plate is annoying. I'm not even asking for a AAA game here. just basic-ass QoL functions, and the attention to detail that I'd expect from a Nintendo gam

nah, in your case its because I have no idea why you're still posting in threads about this game, same with the other people that were here. How many times can a person post the same thing about how bad double kick looks, or how lazy and selfish the developers are before they just get over it?

You want to know why im still here? because im permanently off work because of deteriorating health and seeing Pikachu and Eevee actually get focus as starters is one of the only things that brings me any reprieve. Seeing people who have their whole lives ahead of them, grown adults presumably, using their time complaining about utterly inconsequential things like Pokemon not having multiple generic animations it just makes me feel like lifes a fucking joke.

You're either here to follow news and actually talk about the games like an adult, or you're here to use it as an excuse to complain about Game Freak and how terrible everything is on repeat forever even in threads only vaguely tied to Pokemon.

Mario and Zelda had to change because innovation is what sells those games, and Zeldas sales were comparatively so fucking abysmal with Skyward Sword they had no choice but to reinvent the wheel rather than being this presumed altruistic "for the gamers" shakeup and not mostly because they absolutely had to.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New generic animations aren't advertised and would never be a selling point, amie/refresh were a big new feature and people, including myself bought XY largely because of this.
Similarly the follow and ride pokemon are advertised in this game because its more personable, not because it has anything to do with one of many thousands of battle animations.
so it's all about "what's advertisable" now? is that why the level design is some of the worst in the series? is that why the animations, even for the two headlining pokemon, are the most basic ever? is that why after 5 3D games with cutscenes, they still can't put in a goddamned "skip cutscene" function? because it's not advertisable?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
so it's all about "what's advertisable" now? is that why the level design is some of the worst in the series? is that why the animations, even for the two headlining pokemon, are the most basic ever? is that why after 5 3D games with cutscenes, they still can't put in a goddamned "skip cutscene" function? because it's not advertisable?

Trust me, this one never stops moving goalposts

Never

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
The dude that calls the Pokemon fandom entitled brats never misses a chance to take jabs at posters he disagrees with and throw a pity party for himself as if this were his private forum.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nah, in your case its because I have no idea why you're still posting in threads about this game, same with the other people that were here. How many times can a person post the same thing about how bad double kick looks, or how lazy and selfish the developers are before they just get over it?

You want to know why im still here? because im permanently off work because of deteriorating health and seeing Pikachu and Eevee actually get focus as starters is one of the only things that brings me any reprieve. Seeing people who have their whole lives ahead of them, grown adults presumably, using their time complaining about utterly inconsequential things like Pokemon not having multiple generic animations it just makes me feel like lifes a fucking joke.

You're either here to follow news and actually talk about the games like an adult, or you're here to use it as an excuse to complain about Game Freak and how terrible everything is on repeat forever even in threads only vaguely tied to Pokemon.

Mario and Zelda had to change because innovation is what sells those games, and Zeldas sales were comparatively so fucking abysmal with Skyward Sword they had no choice but to reinvent the wheel rather than being this presumed altruistic "for the gamers" shakeup and not mostly because they absolutely had to.
I'm here because I've liked pokemon for over 20 years and I'd like to see Game Freak adapt to the times. and no that doesn't mean "only cater to my hardcore whims". it means ACTUALLY ADAPTING TO THE MODERN MARKET. Dragon Quest been around for long and as adapted while not losing it's identity. it's not fucking impossible

I know why you're here, it's to shill every little thing GF does and crybaby about people who has some complaints. maybe you've blocked it out with your blinders, but I've been talking about the news without complaining and even posting videos with things I do find it interesting. but that doesn't fit your view of me as some whiner, so I guess you missed it. also, I'm here because I have time between my college classes and trying to find work, so don't pull that "you ain't got no life" bullshit you seem to be implying

Mario and Zelda change because their devs are forward thinking and are never complacent. Mario 64 being the herald of a new era didn't stop them from trying something different. Skyward Sword's "abysmal" 3.67M copies isn't what stopped them from adapting the formula into an open world. SS might not have set the world on fire, but Aonuma responds by correcting, and sometimes even over-correcting (something Game Freak can't seem to do). these are series that always changed with ever (or almost every) entry because it shows how versatile the devs are, unlike game freak who likes to be in the weird middle ground of taking two steps forward and two steps back. it shows why Game Freak aren't as good a dev house despite the sales of their games

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here because I've liked pokemon for over 20 years and I'd like to see Game Freak adapt to the times. and no that doesn't mean "only cater to my hardcore whims". it means ACTUALLY ADAPTING TO THE MODERN MARKET. Dragon Quest been around for long and as adapted while not losing it's identity. it's not fucking impossible

I know why you're here, it's to shill every little thing GF does and crybaby about people who has some complaints. maybe you've blocked it out with your blinders, but I've been talking about the news without complaining and even posting videos with things I do find it interesting. but that doesn't fit your view of me as some whiner, so I guess you missed it. also, I'm here because I have time between my college classes and trying to find work, so don't pull that "you ain't got no life" bullshit you seem to be implying

Mario and Zelda change because their devs are forward thinking and are never complacent. Mario 64 being the herald of a new era didn't stop them from trying something different. Skyward Sword's "abysmal" 3.67M copies isn't what stopped them from adapting the formula into an open world. SS might not have set the world on fire, but Aonuma responds by correcting, and sometimes even over-correcting (something Game Freak can't seem to do). these are series that always changed with ever (or almost every) entry because it shows how versatile the devs are, unlike game freak who likes to be in the weird middle ground of taking two steps forward and two steps back. it shows why Game Freak aren't as good a dev house despite the sales of their games

So you're incapable of both reason and empathy. GTFO my life.