• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Quick reminder that if you are after Raikou and not Snorlax as your research breakthrough reward, do NOT collect it until 1 PM PDT tomorrow (25 hours and change from this post - see https://p337.info/pokemongo/ for a live timer and the time converted to your local time). If you trigger your breakthrough any time before that, even if it is already August in your time zone, it will still be Snorlax.

Clicking the X is its own nerve-racking mini-game...

vwxbpgbs4eh2.png

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught a Ditto to move on with my life to the next step of this Mew research.

Now all I need is to battle in 10 raids. Shouldn't be too tough.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Did I screw up if I already have the "Field Research completed" button available? I thought I could just let it sit on that till tomorrow, but is it already set as Snorlax?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Did I screw up if I already have the "Field Research completed" button available? I thought I could just let it sit on that till tomorrow, but is it already set as Snorlax?

So i've seen conflicting reports on this - some say as long as you have not clicked to collect the field research (as in the big chest) then its still not set and if you click it tomorrow after 21:00 UK time then it will switch
If you have already clicked the box to get your other rewards (like the rare candy / startdust / etc then its set at that point

So from the screenshot above that would suggest clicking one of the rewards would be fine as it would put the chest at the top and you then just dont collect that - however if you've not done that then i would still wait - if you have done that then wait until tomorrow night and you can find out

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
So i've seen conflicting reports on this - some say as long as you have not clicked to collect the field research (as in the big chest) then its still not set and if you click it tomorrow after 21:00 UK time then it will switch
If you have already clicked the box to get your other rewards (like the rare candy / startdust / etc then its set at that point

So from the screenshot above that would suggest clicking one of the rewards would be fine as it would put the chest at the top and you then just dont collect that - however if you've not done that then i would still wait - if you have done that then wait until tomorrow night and you can find out
Phew, I haven't collected those rewards yet so I will wait for tomorrow and hope for the best.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I sure wish I could get more TMs from raids instead of huge bundles of stupid potions. TMs should be rare rewards from field research, too.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Quick reminder that if you are after Raikou and not Snorlax as your research breakthrough reward, do NOT collect it until 1 PM PDT tomorrow (25 hours and change from this post - see https://p337.info/pokemongo/ for a live timer and the time converted to your local time). If you trigger your breakthrough any time before that, even if it is already August in your time zone, it will still be Snorlax.

Thanks for the reminder! My guess is I'm still gonna find a way to forget and screw it up, haha.

Omg, I just caught a shiny Roselia! That's THREE shinies in one day.

c54aee12-9f91-4bd8-8dwrd5i.png

I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket at this point.

That Shiny Sableye looks sick!

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Oh neat a shiny Snubbull. I see a crap ton of those stupid dogs around here, to the point of being completely sick of them. Hopefully that makes it easier to find a shiny one though.

I want shiny Growlithe/Arcanine though.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The Pokémon Company: Spinda is a unique Pokémon with over 4.2 billion different variations, 8.4 including Shiny. This means you're very unlikely to find the same Spinda twice!

Niantic: Spinda has 8 forms.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I wish I would have seen this earlier. It's August, and I still got a damn Snorlax.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
How do I do an excellent curve?

They tweeted an example yesterday :

https://twitter.com/AppStoreGames/status/1023668786707263489

Basically spin the ball - wait for the circle to get to a smallish point (its hard to say for certain and this is the part that needs practice so you know when its a great vs excellent) and throw it to the top corner of the screen (either side works but it depends which way your spinning the ball) - you need the ball to hit the inside of the circle.

Its much much easier to do on 'big' things with a big circle
Raid bosses (Registeel / Tyranitar / Machamp) are all good choices - however in the wild

Ponita
Wailmer
Mr Mime
Sudowoodo
Slowpoke
Nosepass

Are all good choices

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
The Pokémon Company: Spinda is a unique Pokémon with over 4.2 billion different variations, 8.4 including Shiny. This means you're very unlikely to find the same Spinda twice!

Niantic: Spinda has 8 forms.

My guess is that they want to make Spinda forms a regional thing and thus want to simplify it into 8 specific patterns. But otherwise yeah, that's a strange decision.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Why and how do you have more than 3 rewards open?

You can stack reward encounters - just collect the encounter and back out / run away

The stacked rewards will show at the top of your list - you can have that plus 3 normal encounters *and* the box / chest at the top when you have collected all the stamps (so 5 to collect at once in the right circumstances)

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I started playing again since November 2016. I've fetched 45 of gen 2 and 45 of gen 3. It seems like I'm not seeing many new pokemon types...is it because Summer and sunny/partly cloudy limits what I encounter? Or do I just need to go to other locations?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I think it is because a Legendary Dog is the Breakthrough reward. Therefore, shiny dogs.

Misdreavus is also a Research reward this month, which lends further credence to Gen 4 coming soon.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing again since November 2016. I've fetched 45 of gen 2 and 45 of gen 3. It seems like I'm not seeing many new pokemon types...is it because Summer and sunny/partly cloudy limits what I encounter? Or do I just need to go to other locations?

Different weather will bring some different Pokémon. Themed in game events will help. Hatching eggs will also help you fill out your dex.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
If you've caught a Spinda, which variant do you have and where did you acquire the quest? The Pokedex entry numbers the variants.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly can't recall the last time I've even seen either a Snubbull or Houndour. They simply do not spawn in my area. Especially Snubbull. Seeing other Midwesterners around the net saying the same. Those in fire biomes are lucky I guess.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Honestly can't recall the last time I've even seen either a Snubbull or Houndour. They simply do not spawn in my area. Especially Snubbull. Seeing other Midwesterners around the net saying the same. Those in fire biomes are lucky I guess.

Both Snubbull & Houndour do nest - however I think most people are going to get them from the new quests (catch a Skitty/Poochena or evolve a Meowth)

Last edited:

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
There was a Snubble nest near me last migration lol, typical. Currently have Totodile (As if I didn't get enough over the water event) and Onix...

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Snubbull spawn like crazy around here, even get Granbull spawns a decent amount. Despite living in the right biome though I hardly see Houndour spawn, plenty of other fire/ground/rock types but few of them.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
So Blissey has got to come after the legendary dogs right? Snorlax was between the birds and it would be the perfect buffer before Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really now? I maybe see one hatch 5 eggs quest once in two months.
Well, it is pretty rare quest. But, I see that quest reported around my city probably every few days. Really depends on how many Pokestops you have, and more importantly how many people are actively reporting, and even more important: How many report to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.