• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
How many revives do you all keep on hand? I'm running out of storage all the time but I've got 350+ max revives and just can't bring myself to throw them away.

I suppose the question is more around what you use them for
In the past I only really max revives for Blissy's when they returned (as it would need a normal revive and a max potion to return them to full health)
I normally run with somewhere around 100 revives and previously sat around 100 max revives but with all the extras from gifts thats creeping up
I know people in our group who keep the number of revives down somewhere about 50 (which would put me into a panic mode when i crunch through a difficult boss battle or a defended gym)

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
How many revives do you all keep on hand? I'm running out of storage all the time but I've got 350+ max revives and just can't bring myself to throw them away.

I saved up 250 max revives for Pokemon Go Fest, expecting raids, but I tossed a lot of them. The rate at which you get revives and potions is much higher than the use rate. Brandon Tan, the guy who does like 50 raids in a day, only keeps like 10 of each in his inventory.

Like, if you're doing only daily raids, you don't need that much. If you're doing more than that, you still probably don't need that much. If you're taking a lot of gyms, you might need more...but still probably not all that much.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah, I tossed a bunch and will probably cut down even further. I've only been crunched for them one time but it's so much easier to get healing items now I have to retrain myself.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Got two friends to Ultra Friends today and completed two tier 5 raids on a single lucky egg. The second of the raids also earned a Great Friend, but that notification didn't come in until after the raid, when the egg was done. Easy quarter million XP.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Well I traded for a SC Gengar, but it didn't become Lucky so now it has trash IVs and is only level 19 to boot. I guess I will have to line up a few more trades. Hopefully I can get a Lucky one.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I keep 200 max revives, but I'll probably reduce that, cuz yeah, you get them pretty frequently now.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Which evolution items will I need for future generations? As I am starting to gather quite a few extras

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I was hopeful that this community day would be the perfect occasion to introduce the Gen I evolution stones. Not only for consistency, but to be able to choose what Pokémon to evolve Eevee into.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
vr0PRvt.jpg

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Went Lunatone scouting tonight. Weather changed and I was just about home when I saw a notification of a Lunatone sighting 15 minutes from and past where I came from, lol

I barely got there in time to nab it. Tried to bring up a coworker's phone after remembering I had it in my car as backup but it was gone by then.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
It is now rumored that the first Gen 4 wave is coming next week. Take it with a grain of salt-it could very likely be fake-but it'd be just evolutions of old Pokemon first. The bonus event supposedly includes Gen 3 evolutions being added to the wild, double EXP from evolving and Pokestops, new evolved Pokemon in raids, and 2000 storage space at last.

I'm pretty hyped if it's true, because I recently got to 100 Magmar candies again for my perfect, fully powered Magmar. It also matches people's expectations that Eeveelutions might be added before Eevee weekend.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That would be awesome if we get them soon. I was hoping they'd release Celibi in the next week or so and gave us a few weeks for everyone to grind that out to keep us busy.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a 91 IV Shiny Tyranitar on community day with Smack Down and Stone Edge. Yesterday I got a 98 IV Tyranitar from a raid with Bite and Crunch. Should I just keep it as is to diversify a bit or use Charge TMs until I get Stone Edge on the second. Thanks!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Dark/Dark T-Tar is great. Can use it to solo Alolan Raichu and will be super useful against the gen 4 pixies.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'd keep Bite and Crunch. Stone Edge Tyranitar without Smack Down isn't bad, but he's an inferior rock type attacker to Golem and will be inferior to Rhyperior as well. But Dark Tyranitar is the best Dark type attacker and will only be outclassed slightly in DPS by Honchkrow (though he'll have more bulk).

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the post for the rumored event
It makes sense leading into eevee community day and there was mentioned that Scizor was just given a flee and catch rate.

"
  • Gen 4 evolutions of previous gen pokemon (they mentioned Magmortar, Electrivire and Rhyperior specifically) (note: this looks like the first wave of gen 4, just like babies were in gen 2 and halloween in gen 3)
  • New evolution items, including elemental stones (not sure about this, they never had fire stone and such so I'm confused)
  • Double XP for evolving and spinning pokestops
  • Pokemon max storage increased to 2000
  • Increased rate of evolution items from pokestops
  • Increased spawn rate of evolved pokemon
  • Gen 3 evolutions finally released in the wild (except Milotic)
  • New quests that reward evolution items
  • New raids with previous evolution item pokemon (they mention Scizor as example)
  • New shop boxes with lucky eggs and raid passes
  • We will get a new update before the event"

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Evolution stones shouldn't be an issue now that gifts are a thing. Anything is better than getting random Flareons.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I wonder what evolution stones would do for Pokemon that already evolve without them and don't have a split evolution like Eevee. Although there are two new evolution stones in Gen 4, so it's possible they just got confused.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they release all the evolutionary items I'm going to need a lot of dusk stones for my 3500 Murkrow candy.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Oh man, I hope the double XP for evolutions is true as I have over 500 mass evolves saved up. Doing all those plus getting a a few ultra friends and I should be able to hit 40 next week.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much xp they're handing out now, I hit level 40 two months ago and am already up 4.2 million.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I hit lv 40 like 3 to 4 months back and already 6 million up since then. Not even grinding for XP,and gained so much. lol

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Here is the post for the rumored event
It makes sense leading into eevee community day and there was mentioned that Scizor was just given a flee and catch rate.

"
  • Gen 4 evolutions of previous gen pokemon (they mentioned Magmortar, Electrivire and Rhyperior specifically) (note: this looks like the first wave of gen 4, just like babies were in gen 2 and halloween in gen 3)
  • New evolution items, including elemental stones (not sure about this, they never had fire stone and such so I'm confused)
  • Double XP for evolving and spinning pokestops
  • Pokemon max storage increased to 2000
  • Increased rate of evolution items from pokestops
  • Increased spawn rate of evolved pokemon
  • Gen 3 evolutions finally released in the wild (except Milotic)
  • New quests that reward evolution items
  • New raids with previous evolution item pokemon (they mention Scizor as example)
  • New shop boxes with lucky eggs and raid passes
  • We will get a new update before the event"

Sounds good. Man I've been waiting for those Gen 4 evolutions for so long now.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I got a 91 IV Shiny Tyranitar on community day with Smack Down and Stone Edge. Yesterday I got a 98 IV Tyranitar from a raid with Bite and Crunch. Should I just keep it as is to diversify a bit or use Charge TMs until I get Stone Edge on the second. Thanks!
Bite/Crunch is the best possible moveset for a Tyranitar that doesn't know Smack Down.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
These Gen 4 "leaks" and rumors are getting me so excited! I'm 100% ready and down to finally get the Gen 4 Evolutions on the board.

I know my little guy is finally ready to grow up.

DjO2I5LU0AEPnzM.jpg

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many of these special Pikachu should I hold on to? I only just started playing Go on a consistent basis at the beginning of the month after having only played it for a few weeks when it first came out so I'm kinda out of the loop. During the Zapdos raid day, I heard someone say they're holding on to all of their Pichu because they'll make for good trade fodder. On the other hand, when I see how this Pikachu event is talked about online, everyone hates it and it sounds like there's not going to be any demand for them any time soon.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I randomly loaded my game sitting at home and saw a Lunatone on my radar about 5 blocks away so I threw on my shoes and sprinted a half mile to catch it behind a bar. Very pumped to get that one checked off.

How many of these special Pikachu should I hold on to? I only just started playing Go on a consistent basis at the beginning of the month after having only played it for a few weeks when it first came out so I'm kinda out of the loop. During the Zapdos raid day, I heard someone say they're holding on to all of their Pichu because they'll make for good trade fodder. On the other hand, when I see how this Pikachu event is talked about online, everyone hates it and it sounds like there's not going to be any demand for them any time soon.

Just keep a good Pikachu and then evolve one to the special Raichu and you'll be fine.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
I am done trading until my friends and I become best friends, even as Ultra Friends the huge drop in IV stats is discouraging not to mention I have only gotten one Lucky Pokemon out of dozens of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.