• Now

Votes: 196 42.1%
  • Later

Votes: 270 57.9%

• Total voters

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sword and Shield were decent enough games, the DLC suggests to me that they're taking on the right lessons from those games, and it's not like Diamond and Pearl were unimpeachable classics. I'd be happy with one next year, yeah.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Things could get better? But as it is now, I'm done with mainline Pokemon.

Not sure why I keep giving them chances, ever since the DS they really haven't been the same.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly thought the whole point of there being DLC was to give themselves more time in between releases so if DP remakes really are coming this year then I expect them to be barebones.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the poll different from the thread title?

Anyhow...I could go with or without Sinnoh remakes. They might be great, or they might end up a step down from Platinum. And this is coming from someone who liked ORAS.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First, that is an awful poll.

Second, SwSh isn't even the reason to worry but Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are. Those two games were awful that didn't pull anything from the superior Emerald version, so I feel like D/P remakes would do the same dumb fucking bullshit again ignoring Platinum even though it's also clearly superior to D/P.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't look to SwSh to get an idea of what a gen 4 remake would be like, I'd look at ORAS. So most likely they'll be D/P remakes with no Platinum content making them inferior to a 14 year old game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah man, I'm glad you agree. The online for 3DS was much, much better. It was also free.

Well I think your two comments speak for themselves if you're not even going to engage with anything that either user you quoted said.

There's plenty to improve upon even in Platinum, which is probably my favourite Pokemon game. But man the HMs suuuuuuck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game. I'm good. Some of the QOL changes the series has brought since would be nice, but nothing so gamechanging that it renders Platinum unplayable. I'm too afraid of all the things they would remove.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Diamond and Pearl are horrible games

but platinum is the goat. I want a platinum remake but knowing GF it'll be a DP Remake

Feb 21, 2018
All main-series Pokemon RPGs are great. I tried to finished the Mystery Dungeon demo but honestly couldn't stand it. Sword and Shield, though not the best in the franchise, are still better than Ni No Kuni and Dragon Quest XI S. The sales figures don't lie, everybody loves Pokémon! I'd rather play Pokémon than any other franchise.

Jun 10, 2019
They haven't made a good Pokemon game since HGSS.

HGSS was a good remake because it integrated all the things we liked about Gen IV. (Abilities, Physical/Special, Post Games)
ORAS wasn't a good remake because it integrated the things we don't like about GEN VII. (Lack of post game, New EXP Mechanics, Handholding)

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
What a flawed OP

There's no « national pokedex » fiasco outside of the bubble of some gamers and the vast majority of people owning the games seem to be prety satisfied

As much as « dexiters » wanted the game to fail in order to be vindicated, they've been proven to be nothing more than a vocal nuisance.

So yes, my gf and I would welcome a new game or a remake with eagerness.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do. Not because I expect it's going to be as good as the originals, but because I don't think they're going to get much better and it would be cool to see Sinnoh in HD.

Really, it's ORAS that makes me more concerned. I think that's the first game in the series that I thought was HUGELY worse than the one before (XY). It's been a slow climb up to mediocre since then, and I hope they don't take another plunge like that again.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's gonna happen either way, so I'd like to see it, but hopefully it's closer to HG/SS in scope and realization than SwSh. If they pull another SwSh... wow, that'd be quite the accomplishment for all the wrong reasons.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I have no faith in GameFreak considering the last 7 years of their output

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Am I wrong to feel that Gen 3 remakes felt like a demake in terms of artstyle? The 2D sprites were beautiful but were just average looking when translated into 3D in ORAS.

HGSS felt like a huge leap even though they were still using 2D sprites just like the original Gen 2.

For Gen 4 remake, I really think they need to work on the 3D overworld to make it more appealing somehow, i wish they would borrow artstyles from other Nintendo games like Breath of the Wild or Link's Awakening.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I'm confident they wouldn't dare touching the level design of the original Sinnoh, I think the main issues would come from a visual standpoint (I don't want it to look like Let's GO) and from the postgame (because Platinum had the Battle Frontier). In general I'd prefer them to wait.

Remake XY with a better story and add skate parks.
The worst thing about XY is that they tell you that your mother is a former Rhyhorn riding champion and there is no rhyhorn riding minigame. they even put the supposed circuit there but skipped the minigame ç_ç

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Now. These conversations are sometimes like "I wish Metroid Prime 4 would be released directly on Switch 2 so it would have better graphics," and then people would want it on Switch 3. If they delay Diamond and Pearl remakes then when they announce them you will want it later anyway. It will never be the right time.

I've been seeing the same thing for years with Ocarina of Time.

"No, they should wait to have graphics like PS3." Now it is "No, let them do the remake when there are graphics like PS4". And the next generation will be "It's not worth doing a remake of Ocarina of Time as long as it doesn't have PS5 graphics."

Last edited:

lmog

Jun 17, 2019
Brazil
Not a big Gen 4 fan, so don't really care much about a remake.

I thought ORAS was well received, though?

Nov 5, 2019
I dunno. I'm starting to come to terms that I may not be able to become a Pokemon Master. Whatever the heck that means.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The games need more development time

Sword and Shield were so rushed its embarrassing, they need more time to make a better game

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I would say take your time, do it right, finish the last third of the game, not like sw/sh...

but then again, i thought Sw/Sh was so slightly above bad, that im done with pokemon for now. One of the shortest and least fun and satisfying entries...for a higher price.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I dread to think of the state of a Gen 4 remake if they don't give it at least 2 full years in the oven with the entire core team, Mount Coronet is going to suffer either way - this is a company that thought Galar Mine met the definition of a cave after all.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about XY is that they tell you that your mother is a former Rhyhorn riding champion and there is no rhyhorn riding minigame. they even put the supposed circuit there but skipped the minigame ç_ç

A good Skating minigame is the only way to ever top GWENT for best rpg game within a game.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
I had a good time with Sword and Shield, but I don't really need or want a Sinnoh remake at this time. To be completely frank I'd rather have a Let's Go Johto.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Enough with the remakes, after the half-baked Sword and Shield it's so clear that Game Freak needs to pour all their energy and resources into bringing the main series into the modern era. Remakes will have to be outsourced if they are to continue, that's what everyone else does.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Yes. Sword and Shields hate was extremely overblown, and I had a great time with the game regardless of how many trolls on Twitter seemed to say I shouldn't.

Bring on more.

Last edited:

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
They should make DP Remakes compatible with SW/SH.

I can understand wanting a clean break from what came before, but it's going to be real weird if none of the Switch games can intertrade.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Absolutely I want a Gen 4 remake. I will also accept Let's Go Johto.

It feels like they are trying to maximise Pokemon on the Switch given its success. I think we're in for a good couple of years of Pokemon

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I think DP remakes could be solid. SwSh messed up in a lot of areas, but there's also a lot of potential there that just wasn't given the time and effort it needed. With the improvements the DLC seems to be making in terms of route and level design, a team more experienced with Switch development, and the better story structure and world of the 4th gen games, a DP remake could be quite good.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It's difficult to have confidence in the series after Sword/Shield, I'm not even sure I'll play their next project even if it is a remake of one of my favourite gens.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I was a lifelong Pokemon fan, but I didn't buy S/S. If GF couldn't scale up now, they never will. One of the biggest and most profitable franchises ever deserves a larger dev studio and more dev time.

I don't also feel for any more remakes, we could use the series moving forward, not looking back.

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone link me to maybe an article that discusses some of the issues the games have? I've heard a lot of people aren't happy, but I don't know why, and I'm looking to get into it.

Feb 20, 2019
I honestly was severely disappointed with SwSh because of its mediocre graphics, boring ass wild area, laughably low amount of new pokemon, ridiculously easy difficulty, lack of post-game content, awful linearity and fucking garbage story; However I never played DP so I can't say anything here

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I don't think remakes are that hard to mess-up (Especially considering that the recent Let's Go games were better products than Sword&Shield) but I would prefer if the DP remakes had more time to at least look decent.

Oct 25, 2017
No please, save it until after Gen 9 or whenever TPC finally decides Pokemon has to evolve. I don't want a DP remake if it isn't much better than what was possible on 3DS.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The games have gotten progressively worse since the DS, and SWSH is easily the worst mainline game- my hopes for Gen4 remakes are abysmally low, and I'd prefer them get things together first, but I don't expect they ever will.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Nah Dont make anymore remakes. It's clear a lot of people dont want current Gamefreak to even do it so what's the point. Just spend the time to make a meaty big Pokemon game, give it like five years then release one. Lay on the DLC in the meantime with a bit of spin offs here and there.

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
Yes, I need something to cleanse my palate after the disappointment that SwSh was.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
No.

They absolutely can't make the OG justice like they did with the 1st and 2nd gen remakes.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Nah Dont make anymore remakes. It's clear a lot of people dont want current Gamefreak to even do it so what's the point. Just spend the time to make a meaty big Pokemon game, give it like five years then release one. Lay on the DLC in the meantime with a bit of spin offs here and there.

Because many more people would want it. Today Sinnoh has been TT and millions of people would buy and enjoy them.

That's the point.