MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
When is that Bravo VR game supposed to come out?
December 5
85dc1d_881f8e8a348c423f964fbf76520cd3fe~mv2.png

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Had a quick browse on the UK Store last night, RAW Data is finally out here now, so will be picking that up (£30.99) but noticed we also have Stunt Kite Masters VR (£11.99) I've not seen this game before tbh, anyone know if it's any good ?

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Worldwide Studios Selected PS VR Titles Mega Pack (English/Chinese/Korean Ver.)
MYR490 = around $110

That's a nice starter bundle although Farpoint without the Aim is a no go really. So unless you're picking up the Bravo Team bundle you should either already have Farpoint, or not play it till you have the Aim controller.

Last edited:

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, just get an Aim bundle (or the controller solo when not overpriced) eventually, and you already have a very good game for it.

Overall the bundle has a lot of good (and only a few not so good) games, but it's not worth it for many people here, because we are bound to have some of these.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
but noticed we also have Stunt Kite Masters VR (£11.99) I've not seen this game before tbh, anyone know if it's any good ?

didn't play kite masters but on steam it costs only 5 euros/dollars.

and 15 euro psn price is not ok...
should not get supported with a buy imo.

edit:

end of the beginning looks really promising :D

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It looks like the new system software version has fixed the problem with my PSVR box not going into standby when the PS4 is in rest mode.

Now I get a nice red light and no fan noise.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
We'll begin with an introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PS VR.

On mobile so a little hard to post link

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Aim bundle with Bravo Team is much cheaper than the Aim bundle with Farpoint bundle. (£49.99 vs £79.99)

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
City Avenger
1.jpg

Good lord what is this abomination.
Here comes the VR action game who tells a revenge story! Framed by your commissioner, you swear to revenge. After a decade of hard training, you come back and implement your plan to destroy the sin city.
Features:
1. 300 acres of game scene for you to explore.
2. Aim your enemy with your headset, easy and accurate.
3. Use Ak-47, Rocket Launcher, and many other powerful weapons to destroy your enemies.
4. Drive Ferrari 911, Mammoth Tank, Apache and many other awesome vehicles.
5. Destruct everything in the game like tanker or CBD and release your fury!
6. Do cool motions like kill your enemy one by one while roll in the air and initiate bullet-time.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So with the current sale in the EU store coming to an end soon I will pick up Resident Evil 7 this weekend. I'm not that big of a RE fan but I played the first 30 minutes or so in VR when a friend brought his copy over shortly after release. I also got that Resident Evil 4D candle as a birthday present from said friend. So there's really no excuse not to jump in now. Btw that candle really does smell kind of creepy.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
There is no ETA for the improved PSVR unit yet, right? I can trade in my set+ V1 cam for a decent sum, so it might be worth eating the cost. And I don't even have an hdr tv, but reduced cable clutter... Yes please.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
There is no ETA for the improved PSVR unit yet, right? I can trade in my set+ V1 cam for a decent sum, so it might be worth eating the cost. And I don't even have an hdr tv, but reduced cable clutter... Yes please.
yea, but don't expect lesser cable clutter, not much has changed. I have no idea how streamlined the new cable is, but as far as I know, it's still dual cable but the tiny extension box is gone.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
yea, but don't expect lesser cable clutter, not much has changed. I have no idea how streamlined the new cable is, but as far as I know, it's still dual cable but the tiny extension box is gone.

I believe it's slightly thinner from the point where the extension box normally sits. Even just removing the extension box makes for a cleaner look, or easier set-up. But the new headset connections will help anyways, even if they can only be used with the included headphones.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Obduction VR seems to be completed. Dev latest update :"Going through certification still. We hope to have more news late next week."

Raw Data pro patch confirmed to be next update with bug fixes.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Emailed raw data devs about disabling hand switching with weapons mid combat, said they weren't sure it was possible. Which is quite strange since it's just turning a feature off

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super disappointed they haven't announced any sort of VR for Battlefront 2. The first one was, well, pretty awesome, if kid had been able to play the Battlefront 1 VR mission it would have blown his little mind, even older now it was still this wondrous feeling.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this over on the pc vr forum but will post it here as I know some of you like rec room :D

Here's what's new:

• New Cheer System - the best thing about Rec Room is you! We love our players, and we especially love when our players look after each other. Now there's a way to show your appreciation for players who make your day in Rec Room. Give them a "thumbs up" gesture and hold it while the timer completes. Then, tell them what made you happy by tapping a button on your watch - you can give cheers for being helpful, for being a good sport, for being a great host, or for being impressively creative. Or you can just give a general cheers for no specific reason!
jKjqRzM.gif

• Here's how to do the thumbs up gesture: First, make a fist by pulling the trigger and pointing your thumb towards the sky - hold that pose for a second and you'll do a "thumbs up".

• Cheers can be anonymous if you prefer.

• If you choose to accept a cheers (you'll be notified on your watch), there'll be confetti!
Also, it's...

• Rec Room Laser Tag Weekend - you're all invited to a sneak preview of a new game mode we're working on. From 5PM (PST) this Friday night until just before midnight on Sunday night. It's early, but we really want your feedback on how we should develop this. We've been having a blast playing it at the Against Gravity headquarters, and we're really excited to share it with you!
D8I2kld.gif

But wait, there's more!

• Maker Pen got an update - there's now an explicit "EDIT" and "PLAY" mode. When you start creating, you're in EDIT mode. When you're done, press the PLAY button on the Maker Pen menu and your creation will get physics, gravity, etc. If you want to go back into EDIT mode, press the Edit button, touch the object you want to edit with the tip of the pen and pull the trigger.
Tvlfubr.gif

• Maker Pen - Clone now works on entire objects in PLAY mode.

• Maker Pen - You can now draw perfectly proportioned spheres and boxes by toggling "constrained" on.

• Maker Pen - ribbons are now aligned with the angle of the pen tip when you draw (makes them look nicer).

• Maker Pen - we did a lot of under-the-hood work to improve performance, fix the annoying bugs where you creations would disappear, improve collisions, and set ourselves up for continued improvements (like saving and re-loading creations... it's coming).
And more!

• PlayStation VR players are starting to show up in the general population. Please make them feel welcome! More humans in more headsets is exactly what Rec Room (and VR) need to grow big and strong!

• Dorm Room - we replaced the computer with a comfy chair and a seasonal replacement head. You're welcome.

• Seriously, we moved all the computer functions (e.g., registering your email, updating name, searching for friends, entering a #roomcode) into your watch, so you can use those features anywhere now.

• Thanks computer, you served us well!

• This Room button in watch - the "Scoreboard" button is now the "This Room" button. Scoreboard can still be found in there, as well as a new "Actions" tab which hosts the Hazard button (if you're playing Disc Golf) or the Switch Teams button (if you're playing paintball and the teams become unbalanced). The "This Room" button is preparation for adding persistence to Custom Rooms

• Updated intro tutorial now that the computer is gone.

• Fixed a nasty bug where hands were animating at a reduced framerate. Ugh.

• Fixed issue where non-hosts could grab duplicate items from the Sandbox Machine.

• Last but certainly not least, we're changing the way we handle underage players. Tldr - junior players (age 12 and under) are now permitted in Rec Room, but they can't hear or transmit mic audio, can't access certain functions, and you can set a matchmaking preference to try and avoid them if you prefer. We'll talk about this more in a post on our subreddit

They are having a laser tag weekend, would be nice to arrange a ps vr vs pc vr laser tag competition :) would be really fun.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
new system software version
Was there new PSVR firmware?
The Aim bundle with Bravo Team is much cheaper than the Aim bundle with Farpoint bundle. (£49.99 vs £79.99)
That's a great price. How much just for the game then?

Obduction VR seems to be completed. Dev latest update :"Going through certification still. We hope to have more news late next week."
Great news, been waiting for this.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Just chiming in for one of my favorite threads at the other site. It's good to see that bunch of you guys made it over. Thanks for the assistance in getting my account set up, MattAces and Kyolux.

Kazoo22

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any opinions on No Heroes Allowed?

Was thinking of getting it, but wanted to see if anyone here has played it.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Hello fellow PSVR peeps!

Looking forward to Bravo Team, the aim is one of the coolest controllers to use. The perfect sniper looks very interesting as well

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017

Can't seem to find any decent trade in deals in the US - would be interested in upgrading to the newer model just for the HDR pass through alone.

Animation-Imp

Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody found a good solution to mount the classic ps4 camera on a mic stand or tripod?
I'de like a more flexible setup, but most solutions I find are for the new camera.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
I use a camera tripod and a matching smartphone holder. Then I need to put in something square for the extra height, because the camera is much smaller than a smartphone. A bit overkill plus you still need to improvise but at least I can get the camera to just under 2m now. Barely matching Matt's minimum elevation standards... ;)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Some The Perfect Sniper infos.

We're aiming for end of November or some time in December of this year. The closed Beta will begin in a couple of weeks (first on PC, then on PSVR)

The story mode will keep you in a specific place (with the ability to move around with your body only) but we also have a Free Roam mode that lets you choose your own vantage points. We're working hard on implementing missions and perspectives that don't rely on roof-tops (car chases and other ground-level fun). More on this soon!

PS4 and PS4 Pro support both, yes! With AIM Support, all at launch.