Will buy Final Fantasy XVI

• Yes (at launch)

Votes: 447 65.0%
  • Yes (at a later date)

Votes: 102 14.8%
  • Maybe (waiting for reviews and impressions)

Votes: 59 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 80 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What's this about a Bungie review?

When Sony acquired Bungie part of the reason was to tap into their expertise and data regarding live service games to help guide the dozen or so other live service games that SIE is making. So Bungie would be sharing data and feedback with all the studios making live service games so each of those studios doesn't have to try and reinvent the wheel when it comes to live service games.

The report we got from Bloomberg earlier this year was that Bungie provided feedback to Naughty Dog regarding the TLOU Online game and shared some concerns about the gams long term viability to engage players. As a result the feedback, the report claimed that Naughty Dog were re-evaluating aspects of the game. This was also approximately around the time that Deviation let go of a good chunk of their staff, leading folks to conclude that the Bungie review of their game may have raised concerns. At this point in time we don't know if the SIE game with Deviation is being retooled or is cancelled.

Keep in mind Bungie aren't the judge, jury and executioner here. They provide feedback to the studios and to SIE, and then all of them would figure out what to do with that information.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
It's seem that deviation started hiring again bit idk if they still work with sony or not
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_23.02.27.png
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.52.23.png

Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.51.30.png

Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.51.49.png
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.52.06.png
Deviation Games can hire many director/principal/lead positions quickly. I never seen a studio that can fill higher up positions faster than Bungie and Deviation.

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Financials are up. One thing Sony notes in their FY 2023 forecast for the Games & Network Services section is a negative "impact of changes in the launch dates of a portion of first-party titles".
3.3mil PS5s shipped (up from 2.4mil a year ago), 108mil active users (up from 103mil a year ago). Sony no longer disclosing PS+ numbers.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
3.3M PS5s shipped, no PS+ subscribers reported anymore, MAU flat.
Revenue forecast is up however Sony is admitting that First Party titles were delayed from the fiscal year impacting their results, I assume that is referring to Factions.

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
what does this mean? delays or some 1st party games launching later than expected?
Yes, it means one or multiple games have been internally delayed and thus are expected to sell less this financial year (or don't sell at all) than previously expected. Could honestly even be Spider-Man 2, seeing how that was supposedly originally scheduled for September and that now being October means one less month on the market. Should be noted though that the impact is very minor and they expect that loss to be offset by an increase in 3rd party sales and reduction of costs.

nolifebr

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
www.gematsu.com

PS5 shipments top 41.7 million

PlayStation 5 has shipped 41.7 million units worldwide, Sony announced in its financial results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2023.

• There are 108 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network as of June 30, 2023, which is up five million from the 103 million active users during the same period the previous fiscal year.
  • PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 software combined sold 56.5 million units during the three months ended June 30, 2023, which is up 9.3 million from the 47.2 million software sold during the same period the previous fiscal year. 6.6 million units were first-party titles, which is the same amount sold during the same period the previous fiscal year. 72 percent of software sales were full game software digital downloads, which is down seven percent from the same period the previous fiscal year.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This was kinda a nothingburger of a financial report

Will they do some QA with investors? Maybe someone bought shares to ask about the next Astro game

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This was kinda a nothingburger of a financial report

Will they do some QA with investors? Maybe someone bought shares to ask about the next Astro game
Well it is just a regular quarter report. But yes they will do a video presentation in 40 minutes covering the report (often with some additional information) and a Q&A afterwards

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Sony got the memo that BG3 is selling like crazy on PC

PhAIrCy.jpg

BG3 is now in the top 10 of best sellers (at least in the US)
PS users like RPGs, Sony!
I preordered BG3 after receiving this message.
The digital deluxe edition.
Despite that, I plan to buy and play it on my Mac, so I double-dipped.
Why?
Because it's about SENDING A MESSAGE. GIMME MY WRPGs, SONY!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7_wlyvXqM
This is literally me, burning my money and giving it all to Larian to send a message 😆

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
So portion as in singular or plural?

Looking at the supplemental information there is information about the sales performance of certain software and bloodborne is listed. 👀

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Why are they reporting Q1 shipments? Unless its Q1 for FY 23-24.
Regardless 3.3m sounds excessively low. Maybe they are stocking up the new sku while clearing out the existing stock.

EDIT: Saw Angie's thread. Its quarter ending in June.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Regardless 3.3m sounds excessively low. Maybe they are stocking up the new sku while clearing out the existing stock.
Q1 is April to June. The financial year for Sony goes from April to March.
I am not too surprised at the shipment number given there were 38.4M shipped prior to the quarter and 40M sold through a month after the quarter. The console was probably shipped heavily for the end of Q4 of last fiscal.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

Sony's fiscal year runs from April-March. And 3.3 is very good for a ps system, it's just that the system sold-through more systems this time around than it shipped. Likely there was a bit of a shipment excess from the previous quarters.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
3.3 this quarter means they are expecting to sell/ship 21+ million the coming 9 months. On average that comes to 2.3 million a month which if they manage it seems crazy

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Based on the call they know Spider-Man 2 PS5 is going to energise sales. Too bad there was no mention of Helldivers 2, but I assume way less expectations for HD2.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sony said that 3.3M PS5s this quarter was slightly lower than they planned but they are doing promotions to sell more PS5s and their focus this fiscal year is on pushing as many consoles as possible to consumers.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the call they know Spider-Man 2 PS5 is going to energise sales. Too bad there was no mention of Helldivers 2, but I assume way less expectations for HD2.

Helldivers wasn't too massively well known unfortunately, it did well enough but not the biggest audience. Hopefully with this game popularity will spread through word of mouth as people get their hands on it, and thankfully as a cross-platform title with PC it's chances of doing well increases. (And of course if Arrowhead keep momentum going with updates and stuff on a steady basis for the next year or so)

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
For those that are curious on AC games but never gave it a chance, from August 10-14 Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations, Black Flag will be free on PlayStation...

Kinda

View: https://youtu.be/DCSy5VNtkA8

On PS4 and PS5, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is available from August 10 at 11:00AM PT/8:00PM CEST until August 14 at 5:00AM PT/2:00PM CEST as part of the free weekend, while the Ezio Collection and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag are available with a PlayStation Plus Extra subscription. Assassin's Creed Valhalla will also be able to preload starting on August 8 at 9:00AM PT/6:00PM CEST.

PlayStation players can also snag savings of up to 85% off when purchasing Assassin's Creed Origins, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and other Assassin's Creed games until August 30.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Just imagine if Sony didn't had Insomniac

If they didn't have Spider-Man 2 slated for the fall, the rest of their pipeline would adjust based on that fact. It's probably not as simple as saying "Sony wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for Insomniac", they'd probably force one of their other devs to stick to a release date.

Oct 27, 2017
It's seem that deviation started hiring again bit idk if they still work with sony or not
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_23.02.27.png
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.52.23.png

Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.51.30.png

Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.51.49.png
Capture_decran_2023-08-08_a_22.52.06.png

I'm glad to see them recovering. If they have got a new contract with a publisher good for them, and wow that was very fast work!

Wonder if they deal is still up with SIE but they just hard rebooted said plans now with more guidance by Bungie, etc...?

I would be surprised if this was the case but I also think Sony would be foolish to let a new talented FPS team like this go, so it will interesting to see what happens here. I also particularly think with the Microsoft-ABK acquisition likely going through Sony really needs big FPS franchises of their own as they should no longer rely on COD bringing in so much money, and who better to make them something than a studio formed by ex-COD leads.

When Sony acquired Bungie part of the reason was to tap into their expertise and data regarding live service games to help guide the dozen or so other live service games that SIE is making. So Bungie would be sharing data and feedback with all the studios making live service games so each of those studios doesn't have to try and reinvent the wheel when it comes to live service games.

The report we got from Bloomberg earlier this year was that Bungie provided feedback to Naughty Dog regarding the TLOU Online game and shared some concerns about the gams long term viability to engage players. As a result the feedback, the report claimed that Naughty Dog were re-evaluating aspects of the game. This was also approximately around the time that Deviation let go of a good chunk of their staff, leading folks to conclude that the Bungie review of their game may have raised concerns. At this point in time we don't know if the SIE game with Deviation is being retooled or is cancelled.

Keep in mind Bungie aren't the judge, jury and executioner here. They provide feedback to the studios and to SIE, and then all of them would figure out what to do with that information.

I'd never thought of this, but the timing does line up. I really hope whatever Deviation is working on still includes a single-player campaign.

71% digital is crazy.

Makes perfect sense why Sony releasing a new console with a optional disc drive

Just setting things up for the day 1 launch of the PS6! Personally I'm not looking forward to an all-digital future as I like having the option of physical games.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Not sure if I understand but it sounds like PS Plus has grown but they will stop disclosing it to work on the appeal of the service. And will start disclosing sales by platforms for games eventually. I think. It was very hard to understand honestly. Would have to rewatch it in 0.5x.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Not sure if I understand but it sounds like PS Plus has grown but they will stop disclosing it to work on the appeal of the service. And will start disclosing sales by platforms for games eventually. I think. It was very hard to understand honestly. Would have to rewatch it in 0.5x.
There was also a question about First Party sales but I didnt really understand what they said, it mostly sounded like they evaded amswering that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.