• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Its a free event many people are watching at home so I dont get the fuss about ads to be honest.
Even commentators made fun of the ads, the issue here is that the ads are making the pool last more than they should, dragon ball started 1h + late because of the pool for the game before was late partially because of the ads , this happened for alot of game the past 2 days.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
The biggest issue with a Uncharted 4 is that it retreads similar ground as Uncharted 3 with the whole mysterious backstory thing and also completely screws up the Sic Parvis Magna thing after you find out too much about his backstory. And then it kinda fucks up Uncharted 3 as well. The game has some slight retcons that just don't need to be there. The bits we got with Marlowe were fine and all we needed. Uncharted 4 was unnecessary in its final incarnation. Sam doesn't need to be a villain, but he also doesn't need to actually be a "Drake" so to speak.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. No rush no pressure, and yeah, I need to get on Stray and I can't wait for that Cawabunga Collection. After that, Steelrising and Soulstice. What a year of crazy variety.
Yup, "no rush" is my mantra as well. No point rushing to start a game, or finish one to start another... I like to take my time as I know games are likely to be patched into much better states months later (look at how gorgeous Horizon is now!)

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Her version also would have had the incredibly trite twist of having Nate's brother secretly blame him for losing 15 years in prison. I think we ended up with the better deal, no disrespect to Amy Hennig.
I don't think that was gonna be a twist when it was literally revealed he was pissed at Drake for 15 years on the very first teaser:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o

Albeit I like the hand we were dealt with Druckman's U4 but Hennig was definitely going for a more interesting approach with Sam. I mean I don't know about you but going from "Bro WTF you left me to die for 15 years! you're gonna help find Libertalia right now or else" to "Yes Bro I am alive but I'm also in trouble and I need your help to find Libertalia" and he said all that while lying to his little brother lol

Good news is that I ended up liking Sam a lot more in Lost Legacy so I'm fine with what we got.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
Can't wait to see more of him in Spidey 2. His reveal in the trailer was so perfect, exactly the type of intimidating character that I would want to see portrayed. Not the anti-hero, comedy type portrayal please. Always thought of Venom as one of Spidey's toughest villians.

Hopefully we see gameplay footage next month assuming SIE continue the yearly September showcase.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't think that was gonna be a twist when it was literally revealed he was pissed at Drake for 15 years on the very first teaser:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o

Albeit I like the hand we were dealt with Druckman's U4 but Hennig was definitely going for a more interesting approach with Sam. I mean I don't know about you but going from "Bro WTF you left me to die for 15 years! you're gonna help find Libertalia right now or else" to "Yes Bro I am alive but I'm also in trouble and I need your help to find Libertalia" and he said all that while lying to his little brother lol

Good news is that I ended up liking Sam a lot more in Lost Legacy so I'm fine with what we got.

If I remember it right, isn't the twist is that they're actually brother or something like that? So for most of the game, we wouldn't know that they're related.

Naicore

Aug 30, 2021
Hopefully we see gameplay footage next month assuming SIE continue the yearly September showcase.

I would honestly be surprised if they don't have a showcase this year.

Although it can be argued that they're selling as many systems as they can make and that means less need for a showcase, I would say that having a show is just as much for the people that have the system so they know what to look forward to. It would help retain people in the eco-system if they know that in the next 12 months they want 5 big releases that are shown, and that could prevent them from investing in a different system.

Nov 21, 2017

Although it can be argued that they're selling as many systems as they can make and that means less need for a showcase, I would say that having a show is just as much for the people that have the system so they know what to look forward to. It would help retain people in the eco-system if they know that in the next 12 months they want 5 big releases that are shown, and that could prevent them from investing in a different system.

View: https://i.giphy.com/media/Uabrve9XrAYUg/giphy.webp

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Kraven the Hunter and Venom in one game. Spider-Man 2 is going to be intense.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get a new FFXVI trailer this month. All the marketing so far has been western lead and I expect that to continue.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017

I am with you there. They showed some tentpole titles like re4 and ff16 in the last state of play. I can imagine that they do a state of play every 2 or 3 months and that's it. Banking on September just leads to disappointment if it doesn't happen.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
That's not true at all, Sam was gone by the time Nate met Sully. He was alone...
That's not true we know Sam and Sully know each other and they don't like each other very much. It's established that growing up it always happened that either Nate was in jail for a couple months/years or Sam.

Oct 25, 2017
I am with you there. They showed some tentpole titles like re4 and ff16 in the last state of play. I can imagine that they do a state of play every 2 or 3 months and that's it. Banking on September just leads to disappointment if it doesn't happen.

Thing is they've never revealed a new first party game at a SoP. Until they start doing that their is inevitably going to be a showcase at some point to reveal and show updates on their own games. IIRC with the generation change 2019 is the only year they didn't. I think most people would be fine with 4 SoP of the last one's quality if it meant no showcase

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see more of him in Spidey 2. His reveal in the trailer was so perfect, exactly the type of intimidating character that I would want to see portrayed. Not the anti-hero, comedy type portrayal please. Always thought of Venom as one of Spidey's toughest/scariest villians.
Agree.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Damn, this game looks quite good. Finally Castlevania/Bloodborne fans have something to look forward to.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAks_dmJWRE

View: https://twitter.com/lastfaithgame/status/1555935665287831554

Bloodborne 2 probably won't happen until FromSoftware pitches it, but I wish Sony would open the flood gates on spin-offs.

Bloodborne Metroidvania side-scrollers, Bloodborne Warriors, guest content in other games, Bloodborne hack-n-slash, ETC.

Naicore

Aug 30, 2021
Guess my comment wasn't clear, I think we'll see a showcase this year and will be surprised if we don't.

New stuff:
I could see London Studio showing a trailer for their game, it's been 3 years since their last game (Blood & Truth). Same with the Deviation game, think it was said to be in a playable state. GG's second team is also a possibility along with PixelOpus. Perhaps a PS5+MP version of Dreams.
PSVR2 stuff I would think they're saving for a big blowout SoP focused entirely on PSVR2 system and games.

Announced stuff:
Gameplay trailer for Spider-Man 2.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
If a PlayStation showcase happens this or next month, what first party games do you think will be likely to be shown?

If it's scheduled before TLOU P1 release,

Things that are rather likely:

- TLOU P1 trailer
- GoW Ragnarok trailer
- No Factions because they said more on that in 2023
- No Wolverine, they probably want to focus on SM 2 first, they only revealed it early to prevent leaks.

Possible:

- Spiderman 2?
- Pixel Opus new game? It's been almost 3 years since Concrete Genie
- Bend's new game? Also been 3 years
- One of the projects from FireSprite?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Really awesome video featuring a ton of youtubers. The funny part is that the video is "Presented by Playstation Plus." Lol That said, Final Fantasy is such a huge part of Playstation it's really no surprise how much they try to lock down this series.

View: https://youtu.be/7NQHifbj66M

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If a PlayStation showcase happens this or next month, what first party games do you think will be likely to be shown?

- TLOU P1 trailer
- GoW Ragnarok trailer
- No Wolverine, they probably want to focus on SM 2 first, they only revealed it early to prevent leaks.

Possible:

- Spiderman 2?

Helldivers 2 is likely

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia

- TLOU P1 trailer
- GoW Ragnarok trailer

Possible:

- Spiderman 2?
Spidey 2 is basically definite i would say it's their big game next year and it doesn't seem like any of their other big studios will have anything much AAA Single Player wise - so expect VR/Multiplayer/Spider-Man heavy year. Bend weren't working on their new game since Days Gone finished - probably only just started in earnest so its a ways off still. Pixelopus would be neat to see

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Just posting for a little additional visibility, but does anyone have an EU BETA code for PS5 system update?

Thanks to Izanagi89!

Last edited:

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Can't wait to see more of him in Spidey 2. His reveal in the trailer was so perfect, exactly the type of intimidating character that I would want to see portrayed. Not the anti-hero, comedy type portrayal please. Always thought of Venom as one of Spidey's toughest/scariest villians.
Venom is great but….overused. Not sure why all Spider-Man media like to go to that well so soon. But I guess considering Insomniac decided to have a lot of the more notable baddies locked up already not too much of a choice. Could be worse though. Could use Morbius and assure I never touch the game 🥱

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venom is great but….overused. Not sure why all Spider-Man media like to go to that well so soon. But I guess considering Insomniac decided to have a lot of the more notable baddies locked up already not too much of a choice. Could be worse though. Could use Morbius and assure I never touch the game 🥱
For better or worse, Venom sells. Lots. Just look at the movies! We'll no doubt get other big villains as well, but more as parts of the plot/side content... Im fine with someone like Mysterio not being the final boss of the game, he's had that role a couple of times already! (I just really wanna see how Insomniac handle his powers, it should be amazing). And especially with Spider-verse, and Ratchet's portal tech, I reckon we'll see The Spot sooner or later, despite his D List status.

Plus we are getting Kraven as a focus... and knowing Insomniac, they wanna try and rival his "Last Hunt" storyline in this game, it should be awesome. I'm hoping we get Venom from the early 90s... almost invincible, insanely dangerous, incredibly persistent, yet he still has that weird honor code (no killing Peter's family...) but rather just torment and then tear him apart. But I do reckon they'll pivot to Lethal Protector era Venom at some point, just as an excuse to give you a anti hero Venom to play as in a spinoff in 2025!

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
That's not true we know Sam and Sully know each other and they don't like each other very much. It's established that growing up it always happened that either Nate was in jail for a couple months/years or Sam.
I think its a stretch for a brother that attentive, who talked about leaving, to let his brother go that long to another country to be alone. Cause if Sam was still in the picture when Drake was going up against Marlow the first time that's a pretty bad brother.

And ultimately, if you go back and play UC3 and get to the part where Nate says "It belongs in my family" he doesn't just mean it, he believes it. BELIEVES IT. UC4 completely undoes that concept and it really weakens the character for me overall.

I really wish the Sam who was distant, who viewed his younger brother as delusional was the Sam we got.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got the new camera function.
○ Target switching with R stick
○ Restrict camera penetration to some extent
○ The main new element is the camera angle change according to the distance to the enemy (not switched in the video).

View: https://twitter.com/0531Guardians/status/1556306576826597376

Heath Ledger timelapse.

View: https://twitter.com/ApeAnh/status/1556268177436266501

Thriller teaser.

View: https://twitter.com/MartinNebelong/status/1556223818527653888

Freddy spin-off.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1q1p_lZfY

Status
Not open for further replies.