• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Safe to assume DD2 is 2024 (and that Pragmata could be delayed - no gameplay yet). Makes me actually think that we may not see the game this year if it launches in 2 years.
Yeah, I've been saying that. I expect to see it this time next year. The question is when does SF6 come out? We know it's after RE4 which also means it won't make this fiscal year.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom also has MHW2 and Dragon's Dogma 2 in dev then it really is insane output from them. But I feel those two might be put on backburner.

Maybe DD2 reveal at Xbox show but without release date.

Last edited:

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom could show it off at Geoff's show or at the xbox show. Or they'll wait for the Playstation showcase.

I just need to see it this year.

Yeah that being missing here doesn't mean it won't be at another PS show. Revealing Dragons Dogma 2 alongside FFXVI in such a short show probably doesn't fit. FFXVI alone was enough to make the show super hype. It looks incredible!

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't i tell you that this SOP would be fire? I was sure about it lol, they honestly could have called it a Showcase tbh.

Could be because of Expectations but i thought this was better than the last showcase in September, at least for me.

Also, for a company that does not give a shit about Japan, this SOP was basically carried by two japanese companies lol

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So damn hype, holy shit.

This. That ending was so hype.

I already said that I expect them to deliver the best SoP content-wise and they did.

It's honestly a bit crazy to see such a positive response for a SoP. It's also still trending on twitter with over 120.000 tweets.

I'm really looking forward to watch some reaction videos after work. This wil have some good ones.

Now I'm even more hyped for the Sony Showcase.

Same, gonna go through some of the reactions tomorrow too for this one.

Right? Now I'm even more hyped for their main showcase.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This will be the one with FFXVI.

yes-fist-pump.gif

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I already said that I expect them to deliver the best SoP content-wise and they did.

It's honestly a bit crazy to see such a positive response for a SoP. It's also still trending on twitter with over 120.000 tweets.

I'm really looking forward to watch some reaction videos after work. This wil have some good ones.

Now I'm even more hyped for the Sony Showcase.

How are the poll results looking? Don't have twitter so it doesn't let me see.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
New poll is up. Vote for the next ot name

take.quiz-maker.com

Have your say: PlayStation Studios |OT29|

Voice your opinion on the poll: PlayStation Studios |OT29|

Lol, you picked up my "Reply to this thread if you want a new COLONY WARS" suggestion, nice! Everybody should vote for this, Sony needs to know that we aren't just dozens, we're at least 20'000!

Quite surprised by the positive reception of the SoP around here and Geoff poll.

Personally that RE8 PSVR2 announcement was already enough for me, I hoped we'd get that since they revealed it, gonna be a truly memorable experience with the enhanced graphics and controls, compared to RE7, which was already fantastic. Can't wait for this gem.

RE4 Remake is great obviously, but I'm really disappointed by the "PSVR2 content in development", which means it most probably won't be 100% playable in VR ;(

New Walking Dead VR game, Stray, Horizon VR looking great, No Man's Sky update and Tunic coming to PS yeah this was a pretty good SoP.

Poor FFXVI fanbase though, game is still so far away.

Now I just hope that Sony will do a big PSVR2 show with all the info and all their 1st and 3rd party projects.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
I do expect allot of 1st party games at the next FoG just because there are only 4(?) games offically revealed out of the 25+ in development.
It does make me wonder which 3rd party games they will show at the FoG if they already showed these at the SoP.
I think so too. This SoP felt like they were "clearing the way" to focus on a big splashy show for 1st party game announcements. It is about time they start giving info on what they have in schedule for 2023-2024.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
My heart sank when the neon lit city turned in to a trailer for Street Fighter 6 and not a Pragmata update. I was so waiting for the sky to smash and the opening story trailer to be fleshed out a little more.

This SoP was not for me.

I like what Sony have done though. The week prior to the start of Summer Games Fest and the XBOX showcase have a third-party presentation and afterwards well get a first-party blow-out.

Now that's going to be something to really look forward to.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
After sleeping on it... I definitely feel this is one of the stronger shows Sony has put out recently... guess it helps that they included a lot of Capcom stuff which instantly makes it a win for me! But Im also really excited for their new VR headset (day 1) and stuff like the Horizon patch (perfect time to now start the game) and Stray (looks adorable).

I kinda got spoiled about most of the game by some video reviews and some let's play videos. However it is a whole new experience in VR. Sony has to show some more to lock in my day one purchase of VR2. But I don't want to skip it this generation as I believe the technology is more than ready
Aw thats a pity you've seen some stuff already. But I wont spoil the section for you, it'll hopefully still (mainly) be a surprise. Im definitely day one for the headset - the Capcom content and Horizon alone are enough plus if we are getting more games like NMS upgraded for the new headset, it should be worth my time. Hoping RE7 gets overhauled as well.

This, lol.

Oh interesting, might actually check this out eventually now.
Yup. I had to check as I like Roll7 and the game looks excellent, with the concept kinda reminding me of a 3D "My Name is Pedro" on skates, but Id only play it if its single player (Im not much for MP stuff) so this pleases me greatly!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda now hope TLOUR also has PSVR2 mode, doesn't seem that outlandish.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty stoked that Stray is coming to PS+ Extra/Premium. Hopeful the higher tiers sees more recent releases.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom also has MHW2 and Dragon's Dogma 2 in dev then it really is insane output from them. But I feel those two might be put on backburner.

Maybe DD2 reveal at Xbox show but without release date.
Well we know DD2 is basically true because its shown up in two credible lists - the Nvidia list and the Capcom ransomware list. Plus Itsuno is working on "something" he wants to show off soon. I still think it could turn up next year... and we could in theory see it either later this Summer or at Sony's next big conference.

MHW2 (or MHW6 or whatever) is coming. They have two MonHun teams I think - with one focusing on Sunbreak while the other is no doubt hard at work on the next MH after that. 2024 seems like a solid bet for that. We know there's plenty of games coming from them (ExoPrimal, Pragmata and collections/smaller games too). Gotta say... Capcom's really continuing to kick ass lately... reading about the modes in SFVI at launch basically fix the issues that V had... Capcom should hopefully have a hit on their hands as long as the actual gameplay is good.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
The DMC *not Persona* dating anime game was a surprise highlight. Dev played P5 in 2019 and said Ima make that lol

Loved FF XVI showing and I'm not an FF guy, gonna have to grab that day 1.
Stray on PS+ is awesome.

Overall probably the best SoP for me so far.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I was mildly worried it would turn out to be a muliplayer game, and not an ultra tight single player action title. Thankfully it seems to be a SP game, so Im fully onboard. Roll 7 are amazing (everyone should try OlliOlli World - its the best indie title of the year so far your probably not playing!) so Im instantly sold,

Thats great news!
It looked very nice but I thought it was a multiplayer game so my interest went down but it being a SP game has put it on my radar again.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Stray, Season, Rollerdrome, Eternights and Tunic.
Exciting slate of indie titles incoming.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Call of the mountain looks really cool, but being underwater with a snap maw sounds really scary lol

Looks like the main character must be a shadow Carja

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
That is a launch game.
Seems like cheating with that one
Yeah, it is a special case kind of. Still, I think Sony announcing a game that releases couple months later is not impossible anymore, especially if the game is a remake. And Grubb seemed to be very certain that it would release still this year when he talked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.