Status
Not open for further replies.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah, the pain is gone, at least. But my ADHD is flaring something fierce. I've tried to watch a couple of different things tonight and I've generally made it about 20 minutes into most things I've attempted to start up before I inevitably turn them off. The most recent thing I've been able to get through without immediately shutting it off is 6 episodes of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated last night. (Yes, I know.)

I also started playing Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge this afternoon and holy crap that game is awful. Didn't even make it through the first mission before I quit and deleted the game. I made it to the actual boss fight against the spider tank and it started spamming unblockable, super-fast missiles that ate 1/3 of my health gauge per hit and was just like "not today, Satan".
I started Tokyo Vice today on HBO Max and I'm hooked after 3 episodes.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
10 days til the new PS+ drops in North America. I imagine we'll probably know what the June Extra/Premium games are by then. We know July is getting Stray as a day 1 launch, I dunno if there's anything that could drop as a day 1 release in June or not. Even without a day 1 title, it'll be interesting to get an idea of the scope of the Extra/Premium content drops.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
The show was just full of bangers, awesome stuff.

My only nitpick about FF16 is the UI, not really sure why the names of every attack/move pop up on the screen with flying damage numbers. The font seems really opposed with the setting and atmosphere too. Other than that, looks fuckin terrific.

They got me with RE4 at the start lol, also thought it was TLoU for a sec.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It would be a shame if PSVR2 owners didn't get to experience Alyx, its the culmination of years of Valve's hardware R&D and best practices for VR software usability/comfort options iterated on since the early prototypes they were working on. It remains the most impressive total package for a VR game of its scale and budget around.

I have been wondering if Valve wishes to put resources into an Alyx port that takes proper advantage of the PSVR2 controllers + headset haptics (now you'll feel it when a headcrab hits you in the face!), the 3d audio, etc. They've supposedly been working on their own self contained headset like the Quest, codenamed Deckard. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get Alyx to work on that, and may not want to shift resources away from that and also Steam Deck. Maybe they'll outsource the port to another studio, though the history there hasn't been the greatest as for them working with third parties.

Selfishly I want them to be working on Alyx's followup, and lord knows if the Campo Santo folks that joined Valve will ever get to finish In the Valley of Gods at this point.

Dream situation that will probably never happen? We get The Orange Box VR, Half-Life 2 and its episodes plus Portal 2 and TF2 adapted for tracked controllers, alongside Alyx ofc ;)

I actually think one of the best things about a proper Alyx port for PSVR2 would be that they could take advantage of the SSD and remove loading times entirely. I've played Alyx a couple of times and the loading wasn't just disruptive in the normal way, it actually caused the game to crash on me multiple times. Completely cutting it out, and then making a similar build available for PCs with SSDs, would be awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Has Sony ever announced a major title and then released it like 2 months later? I can't imagine TLOU or Factions 2 coming out this year if it doesn't get announced next week or a possible Showcase in July.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering, if TLoU remake is set for 2022, than maybe they show a trailer in the Geoff show and leave GoW for his own state of play in July, with a release date for end of September And then release TLoU Remake in November.
With Callisto in December, dead space in January and RE4 in March, maybe they will want to release TLoU Remake before this releases, if the game will Be ready?

Other thing is little Devil inside.
At this point I feel that this game will never be released…
Yeah I'm trying to think about what they might have too since I'd be kinda surprised if they don't have at least something for his show, they usually do, so I wonder what it could be.

Looking forward to it so it's adding to the wait lol, but as a rather large-scale-looking indie I think it taking longer than expected at the final stages to put it all together and optimize makes sense. It looks rather large in scale.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Sony still have two GAAS games to come out this FY. But I don't think Geoff will get anything really insane from Sony as an announcement expect maybe a Death Stranding 2 teaser. I'm holding out hope Factions news hits soon somehow.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing almost unison positive response to State of Play feels nice for a change.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Has Sony ever announced a major title and then released it like 2 months later? I can't imagine TLOU or Factions 2 coming out this year if it doesn't get announced next week or a possible Showcase in July.
Its usually 3-6 months between a release date announcement and launch for their big titles:
TLOU 2 - 5-9 months (delayed)
GOT - 3 months
Returnal - 3-4 months (delayed)
Rift Apart - 4 months
Horizon 2 - 6 months (assumed COVID delayed)
GT7 - 6 months (assumed COVID delayed)

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

If ND has what we've hard, then they could realistically have their own SoP. TLoU Part I, Factions, TLoU HBO series and possibly a tease of their next single player game would make for a fantastic showing.

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
Really good this SOP, good stuff was shown, I wished that HFW patch came early, I'm done with the game😞 and don't see a reason to replay it, at the moment at least... We appreciate this kind of patches but sometimes it seems like being a day 1 user isn't worth it anymore... or maybe in only a few cases.

And Stray day 1 with Extra/Premium👏👏👏, I think these indies must be included day 1 if they want to give us a good reason to be always subscribed, at least some ones every year.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
That's been my thought too. It's why I've assumed they're 2023 games recently. I don't think I know a single AAA game that got announced a few months before release lol. At best I've seen 6 months so the time to reveal it would be now

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
100% a troll move by Sony/Capcom. They knew what they were doing cause they know that we know both of those Remakes leaked lol
yoshinori-ono-sfv-capcom.gif

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Just watched the SoP, was a great SoP easily their best ever and rivalling the big showcases 😅 .
What I also liked besides all the great games is that they grouped some games together instead of having the narrative voice between each game.

If Ragnarok releases this year, its Stray, Seasons, Calisto and Ragnarok among others still to come this year 🤤

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's been a while. Actually, I don't think a SoP has ever been met with this kind of reception lol Maybe the FF7R one? This was E3 quality imo
Yeah, if they had in GOWR, TLOUR and some of those reveals from the studios they bought (like Haven), this could have been easily E3 show.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Callisto - Dec
Dead Space - Jan
??? - Feb
RE4 - Mar

Guys I think I know when TLOU Remake comes out🧐

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Looking forward to Spider-Man on PC. I thought it would be coming to it but didn't think they'd actually do it. Only played the PS4 version – for not-having-a-PS5-reasons. Resident Evil 4 Remake looks good, too, I just hope they don't screw it up like Resident Evil 3 Remake...
And I am wondering whether or not they'll be doing a Resident Evil 5 Remake ... and ... God forbid ... a Resident Evil 6 Remake. :D

All the other games that I can play on my platforms looked great, too. Sony is unfortunately not giving me enough incentive to buy a console if they really do bring every game to the PC anyway. The nail in the coffin would be ports of The Last of Us and The Last of Us Part Two and / or Uncharted Nathan Drake Trilogy.
Fingers crossed!

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if they had in GOWR, TLOUR and some of those reveals from the studios they bought (like Haven), this could have been easily E3 show.

Yup. Just needed one or two 1st party trailers for it to be truly E3 level. But still. It's been so long since I've personally felt this hype after a Sony show. Enjoyed their previous showcases but this sent me into overdrive

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
No TLoU, no Wipeout confirmation, no Spider-man 2, no Silent Hill, no Bloodborne…I'm happy for FF16 and Stray, but what I wanted remains hidden or inexistent 🥺

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
FF16 looks so promising. But then I remember FF15 looking promising too and I hope it lives up to the trailer. I just bought the Uniqlo Tshirt, don't let me down!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
No TLoU, no Wipeout confirmation, no Spider-man 2, no Silent Hill, no Bloodborne…I'm happy for FF16 and Stray, but what I wanted remains hidden or inexistent 🥺

What you wanted was never meant to be here at the SoP and should be shown sometime in the next 3 months. Patience, it'll come

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
You know a SoP is good when you don't immediately regret staying up late to watch it. Can't wait for Stray, and damn you Sony for making me waver in my conviction of not upgrading my PS+ sub. You're still in the doghouse for me because of Jimbo's bullshit!

Also, imagine if Sony prepared this SoP because they wanted to clear the way for a Future of Gaming event with 1st party bangers! (I know, let a girl dream)

Primeau31

Nov 18, 2017
So odd seeing ppl discuss lack of 1st party stuff when they made it clear it was going to be a 3rd party focused SoP (And I'm still anxiously waiting for 1st party news but they're not going to lie when they tell us 3rd party with some VR announcements sprinkled in as well)

With that said I really liked the SoP, some of the things like RE4 I don't need to see a ton of gameplay for bc you know at the very least how it's going to feel & play with the RE2R team on it, etc.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
You know a SoP is good when you don't immediately regret staying up late to watch it. Can't wait for Stray, and damn you Sony for making me waver in my conviction of not upgrading my PS+ sub. You're still in the doghouse for me because of Jimbo's bullshit!

Also, imagine if Sony prepared this SoP because they wanted to clear the way for a Future of Gaming event with 1st party bangers! (I know, let a girl dream)

I do expect allot of 1st party games at the next FoG just because there are only 4(?) games offically revealed out of the 25+ in development.
It does make me wonder which 3rd party games they will show at the FoG if they already showed these at the SoP.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Few things about yesterday's State of Play:

1. It was dedicated to third party partners as expected;
2. PSVR games aside from Horizon were not that impressing;
3. Spider-Man for PC was a nice surprise;
4. The SOP was TOP! Nobody expected to see RE4, SF6 and FF16 in one short presentation. Calisto Protocol was a nice extra surprise.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I already said that I expect them to deliver the best SoP content-wise and they did.

It's honestly a bit crazy to see such a positive response for a SoP. It's also still trending on twitter with over 120.000 tweets.

I'm really looking forward to watch some reaction videos after work. This wil have some good ones.

Now I'm even more hyped for the Sony Showcase.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Now my problem is that I kinda don't want to buy video games until Extra launches here in Europe, but that's three weeks 😭

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I already said that I expect them to deliver the best SoP content-wise and they did.

It's honestly a bit crazy to see such a positive response for a SoP. It's also still trending on twitter with over 120.000 tweets.

I'm really looking forward to watch some reaction videos after work. This wil have some good ones.

Now I'm even more hyped for the Sony Showcase.

Lol already started this morning. Already watched Kinda Funny and Max Dood. Max Dood lost his mind with SF6

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
FFXVI and Stray were the highlight for me.

I was hoping FFXVI would go in preorder as I will be getting the Collectors Edition. A full year still to wait.

They might show and talk more about it soon. YoshiP said interviews will be coming out soon so a SE Presents could be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.