Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
NX Gamer was on point with his prediction.
He predicted :
- PS5/XSX : US499
- XSS : 349 if it has a disc drive / 299 if it´s digital
- PSD : 399

I think this is the most reasonable pricing we should expect.
If you ask me MS has better pricing but on other hand Sony has much better value in this scenario.
And this goes directly into what Jimbo has been saying for a long time : value over pricing.

ps. anything below US399 is just dreaming just like anything below US299 was dreaming for XSS.
yeah we had some crazy people thinking XSS being 199 lmao. 299 without disk is exactly what it should be.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Here we are. Well, almost.

Damn...
beat that MS /jk

EhZiHblXgAAkoVX

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
If the DE PS5 is only $50 cheaper than the regular version, than the console is DOA.
What is the incentive to buy it? $50 cheaper is not worth losing the disc drive.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you to the leakers for forcing this silly game of chicken to end
The dude who leaked it makes a living off reporting on MS and has a good relationship with them. The chances of him breaking this story without MS knowing in zero.
My guess, just as it was with MS pushing locked frequency the day before Sony came out with "variable frequency", MS knows something from Sony camp and the result was this "leak".
Also, what happened to xss being a 1080p console? ~1/3rd the power to push !1/2 the pixels?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If its £350 then I'm definitely getting the DE instead. I haven't bought a physical game in almost three years so makes no difference to me.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Didn't Sony people say that they would give folks a good heads up before pre-orders started or did I imagine it

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I just want to say, the hype for the Hyrule Warriors announcement is the exact I hype I foresee a theoretical Playstation Musou crossover would garner. Honestly I think it's such a good idea, bring like 20 popular Playstation characters, from Kratos, to Kat, to Aloy to fricking Knack. Write a silly yet serious story of the worlds colliding. Give it a dope name like "When Worlds Collide" and just give em' hell.

Gotta dream.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
If the DE PS5 is only $50 cheaper than the regular version, than the console is DOA.
What is the incentive to buy it? $50 cheaper is not worth losing the disc drive.

People like me who by digital anyway, $50 is an extra game I'm cool with that. Plus its easily the better looking if the 2.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Isn't Roberto all talk and rarely right? But if he's right for once then 100 euro/pounds is a good deal for Digital Only

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly digital, but I have rented 2 games in the last two years, so having the disc option is nice. I also like to rent movies on occasion, but I don't know if I'll bother with all the streaming services there are.

I'm still unsure whether I'll go Digital Edition or not.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
My view is PS5D at $349 crushes XSS. At $399 there's room for the pincer strategy to work.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Not sure of the insider but you are linking them so will pay attention. Godamn a £350 and £450 ps5 will be nuts in the U.K. and a 399€ price will make it sell like crazy in the EU.
I have basically budgeted £700 for next gen and I might end up with the disc PS5 (I need a UHD player already) and buying the Series X for a laugh because the price is ridiculous. There's my £700. Might wait to buy the Pulse headset now but that's the only sacrifice. Hope to god we get preorders up soon, I just want to know I have a launch unit secured.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Giving a heads up on pre-orders was in response to the idea that they would just randomly go live with retailers with no prior announcement. It doesn't mean they need to give several days of lead time.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Tuesday. September 8th, 2020

MS: "Come. Bask in the next gen release information glory!"
Sony: "... we have VR! VR HERE, PLZ! 😓"

Sony's big moment is coming soon, no doubt!

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Nintendo dominates Japan
France it's even

France is the most Japanese Non-Japan country, if that makes any sense at all. They are the biggest manga/anime consumers outside of Japan (Manga was a phenomenon there decades before it reached North America; I know, for I visited the country back in the late 80s/early 90s and used to watch Cobra, Dragon Ball, Saint Seyia and Sailormoon, among other anime). It is also a land where Nintendo is revered: A top ten sales chart, without at least a third of it having either Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Pikmin or Animal Crossing in the title would only happen if none of those had launched within a two months window.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My view is PS5D at $349 crushes XSS. At $399 there's room for the pincer strategy to work.
Price really isn't everything. There's already been a $299 Xbox this gen which didn't really make that much impact sales wise. Not saying the Series S will be failure but this idea that a $299 Series S will outsell everything due to the price isn't true.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The market is majority digital, people prefer digital. Digital is the incentive.

Same reason why people buy digital even though physical cost the same or sometimes cheaper.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
No way in hell will there be a $50 difference between the consoles. If the PS5DE and PS5 isn't $399/$499, I won't post here again until Sony reveals the logo for PS6.

Status
Not open for further replies.