Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
xD

pHA0qqu.jpg

Pretty sure this is NSFW.
Good butt though Jin.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Switch will be the top seller this holiday for sure unless Sony ships a crazy amount of PS5s.

And yeah I know its the price that was rumoured and its roughly what we expected, but for people who don't follow this stuff (most people) this is the first they hear of Series S and its price and it'll suddenly be a lot cheaper for next gen than they might have been thinking.
We'll see, it's an scenario that could take place, but I'm missing still a few pieces to form a better opinion. Price of entry is key for sure, regardless of brand, games or subscriptions; if nothing else goes under 400€, then Series S will hold a nice segment of the mindshare. I don't expect Sony (or Nintendo, in its own manner) to play ball with this, however.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I just think their learned their lesson on putting a new console out there with any price and people will buy it. There is a lot of people saying that on price threads too. They think an enthusiast gaming forum is the thermometer for all things games related when it couldn't be further from the truth. A lot of marketing decisions people make are made on pricing and i know it because i've worked in retail. Sony sells a lot of games for markets that are not willing to pay any price they set.

Well, they are back to their "roots", kinda.

PS1 announcement was just a ..."299"... , it was a steal.
PS2 299, still the same way.
PS3 was the awakward moment, they thought they have the user base and can do it, it failed.
PS4 399, it was a absolutely success.
They didn't took the chance and tested a 499 price point with the pro, it was still 399.

I know that chart kinda looks like the PS5 is ready for the 499 step, well, that is the standard edition, with the digital edition they will stay at 399.

of course that is just my opinion.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The DE at 400$ doesn't seem possible. It's got twice the SSD, more RAM, more GPU, a likely more expensive controller and it's only 100$ more than the S? 450$ seems more likely to me with the physical coming in at 500$.

It has 256 more SSD size and APU size is what matter and that should be about 40% to 50% bigger .
The ram would be 4GB more which not going to be that more expensive since they will sell it at a lost .
$400 is rather possible .

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
NX Gamer was on point with his prediction.
He predicted :
- PS5/XSX : US499
- XSS : 349 if it has a disc drive / 299 if it´s digital
- PSD : 399

I think this is the most reasonable pricing we should expect.
If you ask me MS has better pricing but on other hand Sony has much better value in this scenario.
And this goes directly into what Jimbo has been saying for a long time : value over pricing.

ps. anything below US399 is just dreaming just like anything below US299 was dreaming for XSS.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
LOL are we really expecting Sony to announce anything today? I think they're going to do their own thing regardless.

I'm thirsty for news too but c'mon...

Oct 25, 2017
NX Gamer was on point with his prediction.
He predicted :
- PS5/XSX : US499
- XSS : 349 if it has a disc drive / 299 if it´s digital
- PSD : 399

I think this is the most reasonable pricing we should expect.
If you ask me MS has better pricing but on other hand Sony has much better value in this scenario.
And this goes directly into what Jimbo has been saying for a long time : value over pricing.

ps. anything below US399 is just dreaming just like anything below US299 was dreaming for XSS.
June 12th:
Microsoft says the price first:
  • Series X: $499
  • Lockhart: $299-349
Sony follows:
  • PS5: $499
  • PS5D: $399
Just a meaningless prediction.
👀

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
I think i got the general Problem. Xbox released it's price which caused Mayhem and utter despair in this Thread, because Sony still didn't. But the jokes on them.
ezgif-4-1d5e8aa2d6de.gif

Nor will there ever be one

although despair is one part of it, its also been mostly speculation on how much the ps5 actually costs

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

February 25th :

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT11| Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War [NEW NEWS, NEW THREAD - CHECK OUT THE STAFF POST]

But that’s the thing we are not on GCN territory anymore. Would a 9TF RDNA2 console, if priced correctly in comparison to its competitor, be a bad one ? Specially in a world where people claim that a 4TF one would be a good option ? I mean in a scenario of 4TF, 9TF and 12TF separated by a US100...

I mean in a scenario of 4TF, 9TF and 12TF separated by a US100 price tags which one is the best value ?
In my opinion Sony won't go 9 just for one reason : they will aim for the double digit mark. I would guess 10.x and if they manage to get into the double digit mark while getting a US100 difference from Series X this would be a huge win for them. Much bigger than matching or coming close or even surpassing the Series X TF numbers at the same price.

Not only price but also TF baby 👀

Oct 25, 2017
February 25th :

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT11| Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War [NEW NEWS, NEW THREAD - CHECK OUT THE STAFF POST]

But that’s the thing we are not on GCN territory anymore. Would a 9TF RDNA2 console, if priced correctly in comparison to its competitor, be a bad one ? Specially in a world where people claim that a 4TF one would be a good option ? I mean in a scenario of 4TF, 9TF and 12TF separated by a US100...

Not only price but also TF baby 👀
👀

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I still think PS5 gonna cost $449. Not willing to bet my avatar again though
It'd be pretty difficult for Sony to price it below $499 since BOMs are similar (the PS5's is only slightly lower based on insiders) and it appears that MS is already taking a hit. It also appears that Sony has done a pretty good job positioning the PS5 as a high end device and shift the discussion away from GPU power. I'd expect $399/$499.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm just glad we got something out of this week from these companies besides bullcrap VR week (not that I hate VR, quite the opposite, I'm buying PSVR2 day 1, but come on)

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Can someone go sony and ms HQ and tell them to both release at 499 and thats it, end the fucking game.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I hope we even get another PS5 showcase.
I mean, MS just announced a new console with price per tweet during the night, without showing any gameplay on that system.
/jk

Status
Not open for further replies.