• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Another leaked pic of the Series S!

Just kidding.
20200908_100656fqkvv.jpg

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Jesus fucking christ that thing is ugly.

If I had to guess I'd say MS goes this week with 299/499 and Sony next week with 399/449

I don't get where they were going with that design, I'm really puzzled by that Black Circle on the top. it's kinda jarring to look at in pictures, maybe it looks better in person or after repeat viewings. The PS5 did take some time to settle in my mind

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
As someone who has done marketing it must suck to have your entire event ruined.

Oh well, at least this game of chicken should be over.

yeah I couldn't agree more, but marketing has to now be prepared for these to leak eventually. but the fact that this news came in so late shows that MS was caught off guard when this happened

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
xsx same price as ps5digital?

i will miss these *insert bannable word* posts.
Maybe it's just me and there is something different about the PS5 DE but as it is, it is literally a PS5 without a disc drive. That's it. There's nothing different about it from a tech standpoint. If you're competing with the PS5 you've got to take in the digital version and consider what it is. Once again while the S is a budget machine the DE is not.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't matter. It means that the XSX has to be $499 on more, since otherwise it wouldn't make the XSS a particularly good value proposition by comparison. They are going for a stratified model, so it will be $499 or quite possibly $599. I doubt the latter now though, particularly with Nvidia bringing out the 3070 at 499 and being a fair bit more powerful.
XSX will be $499 or less. We have no official price. They're waiting and Sony will keep waiting, too. Sony won't change their plans because of an un-official price / leak. So yeah, let's wait and see.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I don't get where they were going with that design, I'm really puzzled by that Black Circle on the top. it's kinda jarring to look at in pictures, maybe it looks better in person or after repeat viewings. The PS5 did take some time to settle in my mind

I for one loved the Dualsense and PS5 design (even the disk one) immediately. That thing is just plain ugly. But I also think the Series X design is meh, so what do I know

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
yeah I couldn't agree more, but marketing has to now be prepared for these to leak eventually. but the fact that this news came in so late shows that MS was caught off guard when this happened
Yeah I dont think this was a controlled leak. Shinobi said they had an event planned with all this info for next week.

Leaks were inevitable since this event has been delayed a bunch.

Hopefully Sony speaks about more than just VR this week.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
XSX will be $499 or less. We have no official price. They're waiting and Sony will keep waiting, too. Sony won't change their plans because of an un-official price / leak. So yeah, let's wait and see.

I won't be less. I am willing to bet on that. They have absolutely no incentive to make it less, since that will undercut their value proposition for the XSS and doesn't fit in with a stratified hardware model. Even $150 difference between XSX and XSS tilts very heavily in the XSX favour. I would also likely mean they would be taking a pretty decent loss on the console, and they will likely will be or be near that with the XSS.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't be less. I am willing to bet on that. They have absolutely no incentive to make it less, since that will undercut their value proposition for the XSS and doesn't fit in with a stratified hardware model. Even $150 difference between XSX and XSS tilts very heavily in the XSX favour. I would also likely mean they would be taking a pretty decent loss on the console, and they will likely will be or be near that with the XSS.
Let's wait for the official announcement then.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That series S price got me thinkig about a potential PS5s. Theoretically what would Sony need to do to come up with a similarly priced option? (Not that there's anything pointig to them needing to.)

Keep the same APU but drop the clock for the GPU and use a simpler cooling solution while also shrinking RAM size. Would that be enough?

Dropping the clocks will not be a big saving even with simpler cooling solution.
Making the APU smaller is the one way to save on price aside from a ram drop.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
Can we remove "Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" from the OT title.
Sony must be really taking crazy pills to not reveal the prize within the next few days/ next week.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
£249.99 for Series S UK price. Wonder if Sony will be that great for the conversion.

If it is 499/399 I was seeing £479/£379. £449/£349 would be great though

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, didn't expect that...

Did i still miss something?
I have seen the XSS price, but i hear a lot of XSX $499 talk.
Was XSX price also announced?

There was a leak from Windows Central that mentioned XSS at 299 and XSX at 499.

Microsoft officially confirmed XSS at 299.

Shinobi said MS will have a event next week, so probably they'll announce the XSX official price there.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
If they really want to be aggressive 449 and 349 but the lost might be to much at 349 for the DE.

Honestly, by locking people into digital only purchases, especially early adopters who buy a lot of games, I don't think there's a loss that's actually too much. But I still think they won't do it because they like money and if it's 399/449 or 399/499 this thing will be sold out anyway for months.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Maybe it's just me and there is something different about the PS5 DE but as it is, it is literally a PS5 without a disc drive. That's it. There's nothing different about it from a tech standpoint. If you're competing with the PS5 you've got to take in the digital version and consider what it is. Once again while the S is a budget machine the DE is not.

Digital only customers makes Sony/MS much more money.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Since MS went first, here are two options I can see now happening

1) PS5 DE - $399/ PS5 - $449
2) PS5 DE - $399/ PS5 - $499

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's PlayStation's 25th anniversary in North America. They will make an announcement... of some themes and avatars. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.