big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of a dick move to remove the add to library option. Had to use the shitty app to do it.

Played a little Rez and noticed the fan ramps up quite a bit. Did Sony push the faster fans firmware update?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the funimation offer at all. You need to create a brand new account? Credit card only? Sub to the 2 week trial and hope a code comes before then? Confusing

Haven't tried it (not available in my region) but I read a few posts back that you register for it and then get a code in the mail. Not sure if it's only for new regs only or existing customers as well.

RoseBleue

Aug 23, 2020
sorry if the question has already been answered, but is this offer only available for Playstation Plus members ?

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
They are. Each game's individual page will tell you the requirements/optional controllers.

This is for Paper Beast for instance:

Screenshot-2021-03-26-at-12-42-20.png
Thank you!

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I'm in UK and here how do Funimation

do free trial Funimation on PS4/PS5 via app on console

go to website after setting all up check account and subscription it will say if the play at home been added at bottom no need for email or anything

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I thought Subnautica was 60Fps on PS5, I downloaded, but works 30Fps.
Here, you have to manually change a setting to enable 60FPS:
https://www.reddit.com/r/subnautica...to_cap_to_60fps_on_ps5_and_presumably_xsx_no/
First, access console commands with L1 + R1 + X

Type "vsync" Then access them again, and type "targetframerate 60" After that, access console commands again and type "vsync"

Game should now be locked at 60 FPS. If you wanna make sure that it's locked just type "fps" in commands again or just use your eyes. The game can go up to 120 and goes beyond it even up to 140+, but I tried to cap it and even though the game told me that the target frame rate was set to 120, it didn't cap. If someone found a way pls comment.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
This Funimation trial seems like a mess. We have people saying it's working for them just by downloading the app, but this is what the Funimation Play at Home page says:

LSjH1ZL.png

Lots of unnecessary confusion. I appreciate what Sony are doing here but this really should be a clear and seamless process.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This Funimation trial seems like a mess. We have people saying it's working for them just by downloading the app, but this is what the Funimation Play at Home page says:

LSjH1ZL.png

Lots of unnecessary confusion. I appreciate what Sony are doing here but this really should be a clear and seamless process.

I think the code is for NA because you can't make an account on the funimation app on PlayStation. I still haven't gotten my code though.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Would be nice if Horizon is patched for PS5 the moment it becomes free for this program.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there is a bit of confusion to this funimation thing for me.
I think i have an old account but i basically never used it so would i still get the 3 month code? Or does PS only ping you the code if its your first time downloading the app?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Added everything I didn't have.
Is Subnautica one of those endless grind games or is there clear end goal there?

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah there is a bit of confusion to this funimation thing for me.
I think i have an old account but i basically never used it so would i still get the 3 month code? Or does PS only ping you the code if its your first time downloading the app?

When you download the app on Playstation you'll get a regular PS receipt that says you claimed the 3 month offer. The store description says they'll send a code for the trial within 24 hours, not sure anyone has received one yet since I haven't gotten anything. No idea if it will work for you but try downloading the app again, you never know.

If you are in the UK you don't need the code according to other posts here. Just need to sign up in the app.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
When you download the app on Playstation you'll get a regular PS receipt that says you claimed the 3 month offer. The store description says they'll send a code for the trial within 24 hours, not sure anyone has received one yet since I haven't gotten anything. No idea if it will work for you but try downloading the app again, you never know.

Cheers. Ill give it a day and see what happens.
On Funis FAQ they say the offer (for ps4) can only be redemed through the console not through their site, which dosent sound right to me.
Its only ps5 setups that get the email(again just going by their FAQ).

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Mad props to Sony for doing this! I've been wanting to play a number of the featured PSVR titles for some time (Astro Bot and Moss, namely). And now I get to!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
oh yikes this Funimation app is hot garbage. Laggy as hell, off timed subtitles, complete variance in subtitle font and format, etc.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
The Funimation extended trial on PS5 is some stupid shit! I never got a code and I wasn't sure what to believe. So I just took out my PS4 for one last mission and... Mission Complete!

Sign up is much simpler on the PS4 app. You sign up for the trial right there and then. I activated the offer using an existing Funimation account that hadn't used a free trial before, so no issues there. The app did crash on me once and I had a problem with inputting my billing Zip code (tip: put billing Zip Code in before inputting any other billing information), but hey, I got it done.