Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
MEX as in Mexico? Anyway if yes, I got all of them without issues, I didn't get a message saying it wasn't available here; the only thing that I doubt it's available here, it's the funimation trial.

I found out that it's because I already own it (I was sure I bought the game with my US account, but I was wrong). So, when you own a game from the list, it simply reads unavailable, instead of purchased.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
got 'em all through the app very easily... probably will start with Rez Infinite since i've heard nothing but good things about it.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame that Astro Bot never got a non-VR conversion. Having a Quest 2 has made the idea of the PSVR and its rat's nest of cables pretty unappealing, regardless of how much I want to play that one game.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
excited to try Paper Beast heard good things. also Rez Infinite the demo was cool, already owned the other vr stuff. ty Sony <3

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Girl, since I bought my PS5 I haven't even had the need to buy any new games. I can barely play through all the free ones. I'm actually accumulating a backlog of free games lmao.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
How/where do I redeem the Funimation offer in the UK?
Looks like the offer is live at:

Funimation | Subscription

Sign Up to Watch anime and Asian Drama on FUNimation.com. Watch anime episodes and trailers; get news updates.

The PS5 app startup page points to that site. The first thing it says is:
"Thanks for downloading Funimation on your PlayStation®5.
Check your inbox for your promo code before starting a new account and redeem to get 3 months extra access"

So you might want to download the app first on PS4/PS5.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Added the games to my library.......I mean to my backlog

With this and the news yesterday that Sony will be paying a 7 month salary bonus to their employees they really are doing a good job instead of using their profits to fatten the CEO pockets.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
The Wakanim offer only works on PS4, not on PS5 because there is no Wakanim app on PS5 yet. Well done Sony!

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Having loved Astrobots playroom on my PS5, I'm really looking forward to playing Rescue Mission, but I gotta wait for the new PS5VR first as I never believed PSVR was worth the investment on PS4.
Thanks for the free games Sony!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Does Astro Bot require PS VR or it can be played without it too? Cus there is no logo on top of it that says PS VR required like the other games.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Time to dust off my PSVR for Paper Beasts and Rez.

First time I'm using the headset with my PS5.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have a VR or plan on having but I will still download/add them, that way those teams still get their money.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Can't find a lot of the games on the search.
Any idea why?

Edit: Disregard that, I couldn't find the specific page for the games.
Do I really need to download them before april?

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Can't find a lot of the games on the search.
Any idea why?

Edit: Disregard that, I couldn't find the specific page for the games.

If you open the store up there's a banner with all the games right at the top. Same in the app when you navigate to the store tab.
I could add them all to the library from the website.

slider

Nov 10, 2020

I've seen a couple of people ask this. I hope this isn't bad advice but I'm +95% certain that you can just add them to your library for DL'ing at a later time of your choosing.

Unless there's a different policy for the play at home thing (which would be unexpected and annoying!).

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
You need to claim them before they leave, which is April 22nd (23rd for Europe but they leave at like 0300 on the 23rd so pretty much just consider that the 22nd). You do not need to specifically download them, just claim them so they're added to your account and visible in your download list.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
If you open the store up there's a banner with all the games right at the top. Same in the app when you navigate to the store tab.
I could add them all to the library from the website.
Yeah, I was on the blog page and couldn't find anything linking me to that specific page, I found it once I went into the store's main page.
btw, the new store's search is ass. couldn't find either the witness or gungeon.
You need to claim them before they leave, which is April 22nd (23rd for Europe but they leave at like 0300 on the 23rd so pretty much just consider that the 22nd). You do not need to specifically download them, just claim them so they're added to your account and visible in your download list.
I need to power on my ps4 then lol
I am 100% sure I have them already, but it's never a bad idea to check again.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Heads up on the funimation 3 month trial. It seems to be a rolling continuation during the trial, so if you cancel before the last period of the trial begins, you won't get the following weeks/months. At least, my trail (after cancelling the subscription to avoid paying when the trial is up) now says I will revert to a basic account in exactly 2 weeks time, so maybe it's fortnightly.

I wasn't at all interested in watching it myself, but did it anyway just to see and to give my son options over the Easter break. So he's got the first week covered at least, lol.

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up on the funimation 3 month trial. It seems to be a rolling continuation during the trial, so if you cancel before the last period of the trial begins, you won't get the following weeks/months. At least, my trail (after cancelling the subscription to avoid paying when the trial is up) now says I will revert to a basic account in exactly 2 weeks time, so maybe it's fortnightly.

I wasn't at all interested in watching it myself, but did it anyway just to see and to give my son options over the Easter break. So he's got the first week covered at least, lol.
I think the idea here is that there'll be a code emailed to anyone who signs up for the trial that adds 3 months to the default 2-week subscription. So until you get the code, the expiration date is just reflecting the standard two-week trial period.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I think the idea here is that there'll be a code emailed to anyone who signs up for the trial that adds 3 months to the default 2-week subscription. So until you get the code, the expiration date is just reflecting the standard two-week trial period.
Ah OK, thanks for that I'll scratch that post.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I just added the Subnautica (Abzu on my PS Now, The Witness on my PS Plus). The rest is like a fucking VR commercial.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The rest is like a fucking VR commercial.
Nothing wrong with that imo, Rez infinite plays on the TV as well, and Astro & Moss are two of the best VR games there are on any platform. So if they can entice people in to their VR ecosystem while offering free game good will that only makes good business sense to me... and if PSVR 2 ends up backwards compatible with the current games, absolutely zero point not just grabbing these for a potential future where they will get played.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Added pretty much everything except Abzu and Rez which I already own. Games I genuinely wanted to play one day especially Witness.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Something went wrong. Try again later.

/web store. I guess I'll Try again later.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the funimation offer at all. You need to create a brand new account? Credit card only? Sub to the 2 week trial and hope a code comes before then? Confusing

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone, play The Witness.

I'd love to give Astro Bot and Moss a go, but my PSVR is across the ocean :/

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already, but are any of the Psvr games playable with the Dualsense?

They are. Each game's individual page will tell you the requirements/optional controllers.

This is for Paper Beast for instance:

Screenshot-2021-03-26-at-12-42-20.png