Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
I don't care for 4K. Beside that is very shaky 60 fps performance. Sure it's better than ancient PS4 but even geforce now is miles better than PS5 in some games
What's shaky...? Games that stick to 60 fps are flat out 60 fps throughout with essentially no dips at all. Most games are incredibly stable.

Besides... Now feels like the right time, with most games moving on from cross-gen development.

I've owned one since launch, but buying the Dead Space remake as my first title? That'd be something else! :)

Deleted member 110398

Mar 9, 2022
So the question now is will PS5 lifetime sales surpass PS4's? hmmm......

TurkishDelight

C++ Developer at Microsoft
Banned
Oct 5, 2022
What's shaky...? Games that stick to 60 fps are flat out 60 fps throughout with essentially no dips at all. Most games are incredibly stable.

Besides... Now feels like the right time, with most games moving on from cross-gen development.

I've owned one since launch, but buying the Dead Space remake as my first title? That'd be something else! :)
I'm sorry but i'm simply not interested in remakes,remasters or playing same games with a little more whistle and bells. For example I bought PS4 to play Bloodborne,Last of us2,rdr2,god of war 2018,spider-man

There is none of that game for me with PS5 now. Suicide Squad seems promising so we will see :)

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I'm sorry but i'm simply not interested in remakes,remasters or playing same games with a little more whistle and bells. For example I bought PS4 to play Bloodborne,Last of us2,rdr2,god of war 2018,spider-man

There is none of that game for me with PS5 now. Suicide Squad seems promising so we will see :)

To be fair, only Bloodborne came out in the first 2 years of PS4's lifecycle. The other games were 4+ years later.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
That's a lot of scalpers.

/s
1wu0ot1o9c261.jpg

dagestani beard

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 20, 2022
I couldn't buy one for so long I lost interest.

If there's a PS5 Pro I'll try to get one of those around launch and likely fail again. The supply constrained era truly sucks.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly slow going, but I guess it's supply constrained and they're not really out of cross gen yet.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if unprecedented global events happened during PS5's launch that didn't happen during PS4's launch
It's as if the main competitor managed to ship and sell more units during those same global events.

It's a poor result that's definitely not pleasing to Sony which undoubtedly wanted a faster and cleaner transition from the PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
It's as if the main competitor managed to ship and sell more units during those same global events.

It's a poor result that's definitely not pleasing to Sony which undoubtedly wanted a faster and cleaner transition from the PS4.

Is this a joke post? They're outselling MS 2-1.
They basically sold everything they could produce. Close to PS4 numbers is incredible when you consider the pandemic and component shortages.

Oct 30, 2017

Chip shortages have had more to do with their sales deficiencies.
Hence why they have amended forecasts to make up for the sales deficit in the later portion of the console life cycle.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017

MS didn't ship and sell more. Much less in fact.

Unless you are talking about Nintendo, who had to manufacture more well established, older and simpler hardware. That would be an apples and oranges comparison of course.

Last edited:

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is never going to be a mainline PS console that fails to sell 100 million, again. And even the one that didn't was close.

Mabase

Oct 29, 2017
Congratulations!
Now please make a slim version that's more beautiful and I'll add to that number!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Pandemic goes both ways though, it really drove demand for and grew the audience for consoles. The next few months shpuld give us an idea what demand for PS5 really looks like as availability appears to be getting better in major markets (US, UK, Japan).
Yeah, Pandemic was more in regards to game delays

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020

You're talking about the Switch, right? The 7 year old machine? The machine that has a die area a full third of the PS5? The machine with a fifth of the transistors? The machine with about a tenth of the texture mapping units? With a tenth of the shading units and a quarter of the ROPs? That machine, yeah?

You're saying they can make more units? Well I'll be damned.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Only 83% of the PS4 systems sold in the same timeframe is rather poor.
I haven't seen a single PS5 in stores yet.
The PS4 was easily avaible some months after release. Massive diffrence.
The PS5 would have beaten the PS4 numbers if no supply issues.

You're talking about the Switch, right? The 7 year old machine? The machine that has a die area a full third of the PS5? The machine with a fifth of the transistors? The machine with about a tenth of the texture mapping units? With a tenth of the shading units and a quarter of the ROPs? That machine, yeah?

Guess they don't understand why the Series S was easily available everywhere and the Series X not.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co

Guess they don't understand why the Series S was easily available everywhere and the Series X not.

I saw a wall of ps5s at Best Buy on Black Friday.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Have you just completely missed what was going on with component shortages the past couple of years? I'm genuinely asking because that's the only way your comment makes sense.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

I think they quite obviously mean Nintendo.
And I'm pretty sure there is a ton of context that can be applied to this. That I wont really waste my time posting.

Exactly.

kdawg954

Oct 29, 2017
Is this just Sony being pricks or stores being dumb? cause with stock being more available, I still don't get why stores can't just put em on shelves so you can walk in and buy one.

There have been issues with breaking the glass in stores for consoles (both PS5 and Xbox Series X, and to a lesser extent Switch OLED) so stores have been limiting quantities behind the glass, and with lesser staff it becomes more challenging to timely replenish them.

The other issue is, the current spaces on the shelf for hardware wasn't designed for the massive PS5 boxes so it's also become challenging to get them to fit.

Stores luckily have online reservation and pickup, but that becomes challenging to monitor as scalpers have gotten hip to the system and order them all up and slowly pick them up one by one.

In short, there isn't a perfect system in place at retail yet, but PS5 availability has increased significantly (in comparison to earlier COVID times) and demand has decreased a bit (COVID less, scalpers getting less for them, must havers got one and inflation/price at $500 isn't as impulsive as the PS4 for mainstream shoppers) so I'd expect to see them on shelves much more commonly starting this month.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
I have yet to see the console readily available on store shelves, but the online stock has improved quite a lot. Over 30 million sold is pretty damn good, all things considered.

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I've seen one even close to a store shelf was walking into a Target and seeing someone walk out holding 2 of them. I just hope we're close to the point that we can stop doing cross-gen everything. Right now my PS5 feels like a PS4 Pro-Pro.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Impressive figures considering the pandemic and shortage. It's clear they aren't meeting the demand just yet. In fact, they've increased prices pretty much everywhere but in the US.

It's a shame MS does not share their numbers anymore, I'd be curious to see where Series S sits.

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
I don't know why people continue to give bad faith posters the time of day. Fularu post is so left field from Sony's milestone its genuinely does not make sense.

Sony wouldn't bother releasing the milestone if they were not pleased with the milestone.