SaitoH

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing people say the 180-600 isn't as good as the Sony 200-600 those look pretty fucking good.

I mean, It may not be, but I don't think the difference is enough that when you take real world shots; I'm very happy with it.

My girlfriend has the Sony lens and I can't tell the difference, but I think the Sony lens is the current gold standard.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, It may not be, but I don't think the difference is enough that when you take real world shots; I'm very happy with it.

My girlfriend has the Sony lens and I can't tell the difference, but I think the Sony lens is the current gold standard.
So basically it's close enough to the point where it doesn't matter and you would only care if you look at MTF charts.

Oct 25, 2017
Went to Snug Harbor in Staten Island with the Fuji XH2:
XH028299 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028695 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028011 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028044 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028079 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028333 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028424 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028484 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028740 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028823 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028844 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028904 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Went to Snug Harbor in Staten Island with the Fuji XH2:
XH028299 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028695 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028011 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028044 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028079 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028333 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028424 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028484 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028740 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028823 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028844 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
XH028904 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

These are great. It's hard to pick the right aperture for flower photography, but you nailed it.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
A few more from New York as I work my way through my photos.

Most taken with the 70-200 GMII.

R7qTBsF.jpeg

cbr8gb0.jpeg

2b75xMP.jpeg

vOEX0Jm.jpeg

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I attempted my first moon alignment last night. I only have a 200mm lens, so I couldn't be too far away from my target. I was across the street and down the block from Union Station in Worcester, MA for this, on top of a parking garage.

It was impossible to get a single shot that exposed both the moon and the building properly so I bracketed the shot and made an HDR photo in Lightroom. I stopped down to f13 to get everything in focus. In hindsight that was probably overkill. But I had a tripod so I could expose for a second or more. But I did have to crop out the waving flags.

8CKRjA5.jpeg

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks. Really fun city to take photos in as a beginner. Just so many cool looking locations that it feels like I barely have to try and I can still get som great shots that I'm proud of.
Heading back but to Okinawa in November for another 2,5 weeks, hope I can get some nice shots there as well. Thinking of buying myself something like the Sony 24-240mm for that trip since a 75mm prime is what I top out at right now and that wasn't always enough for what I wanted for some shots.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Great pictures there Xyber !

Some of the pics here really made me get the itch to try out photography again. I'm going on my first trip to New York City with my son soon for a couple of days, so I decided what the heck and bought a camera for the trip. I'm a complete beginner and my trip is towards the end of the month and I will try my best to do some street photography and video and see what happens. If anyone has really good beginner photography YT videos they want to share with me or just overall tips for Photography in New York City please share.

I decided on getting the Canon EOS R50 creators kit. I only ever had a Sony A6000 for a VERY limited time. Originally I was just going to use my phone (Galaxy Z Fold 5) my Tablet (Galaxy note 9+) if need be and was thinking of getting a insta360 Acepro and a gimball for my phone, that was my idea but I opted to get the R50 instead of the action cam for both video and photo.
I'd still like to get an action cam soon because I like to Kayak and bike ride during the year at home in Florida. I will get out there around town here as much as possible to shoot pics around town before I get out there.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Great pictures there Xyber !

Some of the pics here really made me get the itch to try out photography again. I'm going on my first trip to New York City with my son soon for a couple of days, so I decided what the heck and bought a camera for the trip. I'm a complete beginner and my trip is towards the end of the month and I will try my best to do some street photography and video and see what happens. If anyone has really good beginner photography YT videos they want to share with me or just overall tips for Photography in New York City please share.

I decided on getting the Canon EOS R50 creators kit. I only ever had a Sony A6000 for a VERY limited time. Originally I was just going to use my phone (Galaxy Z Fold 5) my Tablet (Galaxy note 9+) if need be and was thinking of getting a insta360 Acepro and a gimball for my phone, that was my idea but I opted to get the R50 instead of the action cam for both video and photo.
I'd still like to get an action cam soon because I like to Kayak and bike ride during the year at home in Florida. I will get out there around town here as much as possible to shoot pics around town before I get out there.
Try this thread since it's much more active https://www.resetera.com/threads/camera-equipment-ot-photon-capturing-comparison-club.1451/page-168

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Stalker by Tony Frattle, on Flickr

Oh, one more from the other day. I accidentally shot this in Jpeg so it limited my color grading quite a bit and actually turned out more blue than I wanted. I was in a lazy mood so I just went with it.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Very nice shoots you took there! Had to double take when I first looked at it to realize it was toys on the one with the storm trooper.

Thanks! Both of those were shot using the used Nikkor 55mm macro lens I grabbed last week. I adapted it to my canon so I can have full manual to practice more stop motion but it also seems to be an amazing toy photography lens. I love my laowa 90mm macro but I really want to put more environment into my scenes for toy photos.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! Both of those were shot using the used Nikkor 55mm macro lens I grabbed last week. I adapted it to my canon so I can have full manual to practice more stop motion but it also seems to be an amazing toy photography lens. I love my laowa 90mm macro but I really want to put more environment into my scenes for toy photos.
My son has been collecting Legos since 5 and he is 17 now and he has so much Legos at home to do really fun Lego photography if we want but my son isn't much into shooting pics =/. Looks like your lens works perfect for what you want. I really liked the colors and lighting on both pictures.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
The Walking Dead: Dead City production descended on my city of Worcester, MA this past week and I have been in my glory! I grabbed some of the best shots of Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) out of anyone in the area thanks to the 70-200 GMII. 😂 The person who aged his gloves reached out to me to thank me for taking the photos and then shared my post of the photos. Truthfully, they are cropped in a ton, but the sharpness of the lens made it unnoticeable for social media. I felt like paparazzi with the big white lens. I was also the ONLY person there with a real camera.

But it wasn't all celebrities. Dead City is set in Manhattan, so they brought in a freaking SUBWAY station. And you could just take any photos you wanted. All the cars from the show were lined up on the street with the perfect background mural behind them. When do you get to see a NYC taxi in Worcester? Like I said, I was in my glory.

There are more photos here:

And the full complement of photos is on my Facebook profile:
www.facebook.com

Josh Wingell

Josh Wingell is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Josh Wingell and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

They're shooting inside Union Station (the moon photo I posted recently is of Union Station) today, and I'm honestly relieved that I won't be able to take any photos. It has been a busy week...of my own doing.

eApDixJ.jpeg

dMvK8yb.jpeg

HeN3h5e.jpeg
kFyDLiz.jpeg
hPgkGM5.jpeg
dyPnkhW.jpeg
oz8N6FG.jpeg
cEVbFaS.jpeg
42uAfqx.jpeg
gPZxcOD.jpeg
r1wXwQc.jpeg
1iQHWBR.jpeg

Ka6Yffv.jpeg

And this is one of my favorites, inside the New York Post truck.
L23pCaM.jpeg

Last edited:

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I took these in Spencer, Massachusetts last night. It was such an incredible experience. I was almost driven to tears to see it. Just unbelievable.

All photos taken at ISO 3200, 0.8s f/1.8 with a Viltrox 16mm lens on my Sony A7IV.

a6yZF5p.jpeg

NLUNpO2.jpeg

3TXrPCu.jpeg
Do3kGXP.jpeg
Ca4LTFa.jpeg

I also got a timelapse (longer one coming on YouTube Proper later):

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Zer4tafRBgc

Oct 25, 2017