Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I just realised Kasumi's costume isn't really sexy as it's a gymnast leotard but the moment you add a trench coat and glove which covers the top half more heavily , it's placing more emphasis on her bare legs which makes it sexualized.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
So any news about the homophobic elements being taken out? Because that's a hard pass if they're still there.

We don't know yet. Doubtful though... Heh would be kinda funny if that was like a bulletpoint they mention during the info dump today.

- PS4 Pro support
- New party member
- A new semester
- NO MORE HOMOPHOBIC CONTENT!!!

Oct 25, 2017
There's some "features" in Persona 5 that actually bogged down the game. I hope they really reassess the game flow.

Two big offenders:

- The bonus to S. Links based on your current personas.
- The Fortuneteller S. Link and its bonus to other S. Links.

Shuffling persona for S. Links added like 2 hours to the game, alone. Likewise, having to go to the Fortuneteller to boost S. Links also inflated the game length. It should be moved to something more... passive, like the S. Link boost being based off of Compendium Completion % for that Arcana, and the Fortuneteller should give like a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% boost to points based on your rank.

Persona 4 Golden was actually foreward thinking enough to switch to actual inheritance skill choice. Hopefully The Royal is as willing to rethink aspects of the S. Links as Golden did for Demon mechanics.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
ATLUS need to hire more staff.

FOUR~almost five years after P5, one would expect a SEQUEL to P5 to capitalize on its success..not a resell of the game.

A decade between games makes no sense.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They should have done what Capcom did during the SF4 era:

Update package from vanilla to The Royal for $20-25 while warning people their previous save would no longer work with this version and the new game itself for $40.

Oct 25, 2017
They should have done what Capcom did during the SF4 era:

Update package from vanilla to The Royal for $20-25 while warning people their previous save would no longer work with this version and the new game itself for $40.

That's what they did with FES, basically. Except that it was still on disc. They had a full release and "expansion" release that required a save file, or something.

The Western version didn't have the "expansion" version.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ATLUS need to hire more staff.

FOUR~almost five years after P5, one would expect a SEQUEL to P5 to capitalize on its success..not a resell of the game.

A decade between games makes no sense.

P5 Japan Release Sept 2016
P5 Royal Japan Release Oct 2019

P5 NA Release April 2017
P5 Royal NA Release 2020

"4, almost 5 years" is strangely looking like slightly more than 3 years. Time is weird. P-Studio has been working on multiple projects as well. This was likely the biggest, but there will likely be a good bit of content added to the game.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
P5 Japan Release Sept 2016
P5 Royal Japan Release Oct 2019

P5 NA Release April 2017
P5 Royal NA Release 2020

"4, almost 5 years" is strangely looking like slightly more than 3 years. Time is weird. P-Studio has been working on multiple projects as well. This was likely the biggest, but there will likely be a good bit of content added to the game.

My bad..I thought P5 released 2015 in JP.

Still, pretty disappointing P6 is many years away at this point.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's totally what Atlus is going to focus on in an announcement.

They should, if they had any moral backbone. Of course they would phrase it in some bullshit sidestepping way like, "We have altered some content to be more palatable for western tastes." But the fact that they've said nothing probably means the team has kept all the homophobic content in there, if not doubled down on it.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
They should, if they had any moral backbone. Of course they would phrase it in some bullshit sidestepping way like, "We have altered some content to be more palatable for western tastes." But the fact that they've said nothing probably means Hashino has doubled down on homophobia.

Ok, well... I'm not sure what world you're living in, but that's not how you market a product.

Hinya

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
They should, if they had any moral backbone. Of course they would phrase it in some bullshit sidestepping way like, "We have altered some content to be more palatable for western tastes." But the fact that they've said nothing probably means the team has kept all the homophobic content in there, if not doubled down on it.

"more palatable for western tastes" ? Excuse me but what ? Since when does a japanese company have to submit to western values ?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

They've shown a three minute trailer...? I think you're expecting a bit much on them saying that right away in their first official unveiling. If we find out about this kind of thing before launch, it'll be in an interview, not a trailer.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Plenty to dig through with the trailer, and plenty to talk about characters new and old, but one thing I'm really happy to see are much more expressive character portraits.

Persona 3 started off with pretty dynamic portraits, but then 4, Arena, and 5 all had the character poses be completely static, with only the facial expressions changing. Not the worst thing, since you can still have the character's posture on the screen communicate a lot (especially by Persona 5), but I definitely felt something was lost.

unknown.png

However, along with some different faces in the , and here we have a whole new side to Ryuji in P5R!

unknown.png

Again, a very small thing, but a really nice detail I'm glad to see, and am really looking forward to all the other touches like that along with the fancy new stuff.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty to dig through with the trailer, and plenty to talk about characters new and old, but one thing I'm really happy to see are much more expressive character portraits.

Persona 3 started off with pretty dynamic portraits, but then 4, Arena, and 5 all had the character poses be completely static, with only the facial expressions changing. Not the worst thing, since you can still have the character's posture on the screen communicate a lot (especially by Persona 5), but I definitely felt something was lost.

unknown.png

However, along with some different faces in the , and here we have a whole new side to Ryuji in P5R!

unknown.png

Again, a very small thing, but a really nice detail I'm glad to see, and am really looking forward to all the other touches like that along with the fancy new stuff.

This is one of my favorite things from the trailer! Ryuji looks so good here. Looking forward to seeing new portraits for everyone!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

That does look good, I think I didn't mind it too much in P5 because they used a lot of expressive cut-ins, but I'm certainly not against this kind of added dynamism

Hinya

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
User Banned (1 month): Excusing homophobia. Account in junior phase.
Since when is homophobia a Japanese value? Because the LGBT community there in Japan has already protested against the content in P5.

So let me get this straight, because there's one instance in the game where two men are flirting with Ryuji in Shinjuku, at night, would means that homophobia is a japanese value ? It's supposed to be a joke, and if you didn't find it funny fine but you can't say that they have a moral obligation to change it because you didn't find it funny.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is something I didn't even notice was missing until you pointed it out. I loved the dynamic portraits in P3.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

Can't wait to see the rest of the new portraits

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
oh another semester.

I think i will bite.

Not a fan of the new character design. personally she looks a bit bland to me, compared to let's say Hifumi (who should be part of phantom thieve initially). But I really enjoy the base game and the additional content warrant me another time investment.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess you're either working overtime, typically work at night, or live in a different time zone because, otherwise, damn, you're working rather late

I think so. It's at least a tease, if nothing else
A ton of people from Asia, Japan, Australia, and New Zeland visit this site you know? Right now over there it's around noon. I know it's easy to forget only people from the Americas visit this place since it's so US centric but c'mon, we've got people from all around the globe!

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I'm gonna guess you're either working overtime, typically work at night, or live in a different time zone because, otherwise, damn, you're working rather late

I think so. It's at least a tease, if nothing else
I live in Japan, lol.

Is Morgana male or female? I might be dumb and forgetting something but IIRC they were left ambiguous in the OG release

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this straight, because there's one instance in the game where two men are flirting with Ryuji in Shinjuku, at night, would means that homophobia is a japanese value ? It's supposed to be a joke, and if you didn't find it funny fine but you can't say that they have a moral obligation to change it because you didn't find it funny.

It is more than one instance -- did you actually play the game? because the beach scene is just as bad -- and they portray the gay men as sexual predators of boys. It's not a joke, it's straight out of a 1950s-era demonization of gay men. That kind of destructive, hateful stereotyping has no place in any society.

Oct 26, 2017
A ton of people from Asia, Japan, Australia, and New Zeland visit this site you know? Right now over there it's around noon. I know it's easy to forget only people from the Americas visit this place since it's so US centric but c'mon, we've got people from all around the globe!
Lol True, true, hencewhy I added in if he lives in another timezone. I just wasn't sure as most folk who post here tend to be from the Americas and that's the assumption I tend to work off of

I live in Japan, lol.

Is Morgana male or female? I might be dumb and forgetting something but IIRC they were left ambiguous in the OG release
I always thought he was a dude and the tease of human Morgana looks Male so I'm betting on him being Male

supafamiman

Oct 27, 2017
Never played any games in this franchise, but interested in trying it out. So far, my understanding is this game is the improved/upgraded or complete..er version of Persona 5 (and I should probably just skip vanilla Persona 5).

Is this a recurring pattern with Persona games i.e. to release the "bare bones" version then improved/fine tuned version later on?

Hinya

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
It is more than one instance -- did you actually play the game? because the beach scene is just as bad -- and they portray the gay men as sexual predators of boys. It's not a joke, it's straight out of a 1950s-era demonization of gay men. That kind of destructive, hateful stereotyping has no place in any society.

Oh yeah I forgot they appeared again at the beach. The way I see the whole thing is that they portray THOSE TWO as sexual predators all to make their joke work. I see it like that because of the existance of Lala Escargot. Lala is a positive representative of the LGBTQ+ community because Lala is treated normally.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

That it is a joke or meant as a joke doesn't mean that it's not homophobic, you know.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The cat having the obvious hots for Anne is a very obvious tell of the character being a male :P
I thought about that, but then I thought it might also be Morgana trying to mimic human behavior or some other weird explanation like that

I guess he is a guy though. I didn't put two and two together that that screenshot of the black haired guy is probably him. Better design than human Teddie at the very least.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played any games in this franchise, but interested in trying it out. So far, my understanding is this game is the improved/upgraded or complete..er version of Persona 5 (and I should probably just skip vanilla Persona 5).

Is this a recurring pattern with Persona games i.e. to release the "bare bones" version then improved/fine tuned version later on?
It's become a bit of a pattern yes.

Persona 3 had Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable.

Persona 4 had Persona 4 Golden.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

It is, except that the barebones version is usually packed with a fuckton of content and is almost insane because of how much playtime you get from it(110 hours average in p5's case)

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Koch Media France already posted the teaser for P5R in french. The website for P5R is multi language unlike the persona 5 website. Somebody here think this time the game get a multi5 ( FR / EN / DE / ES / IT ) localisation ?

Nov 11, 2017
Koch Media France already posted the teaser for P5R in french. The website for P5R is multi language unlike the persona 5 website. Somebody here think this time the game get a multi5 ( FR / EN / DE / ES / IT ) localisation ?
I don't think so because even though a game is not translated, everything related to it is still translated (like the box).

reminio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lincoln, UK
Why are people so annoyed by a character showing a bit of skin? Its not new and it's not a problem. People seem to overreact so much on this site.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Get a grip please. The problem with this scene is not that it's not funny, it's that it uses harmful stereotypes towards homosexuals.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Why are people so annoyed by a character showing a bit of skin? Its not new and it's not a problem. People seem to overreact so much on this site.
You're the only one getting heated in this thread conjuring some non-existent boogeyman to get mad at.

Take a break from the computer for a bit, champ.