Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
They limit time and slots so that there would be barely anyone there. That's the purpose. we have this virus running rampage killing people left and right. Uou might have heard of it. Corona.

So if you are at a pool, during pandemic, and there are barely people there that most likely means that many would love to take your spot so they can get into the water.

if a pool allowed like 5 people, this could seem like barely any people, but the others from the line still wait for you leaving.

What exactly made us feel like we should pretend that we have any clue as to the restrictions that OP's community may or may not have in place regarding use of the pool?

And your condescending tone sucks, too. Pretty sure OP knows that we're in a pandemic.

Nov 1, 2017
I struggled with myself, but I can't not do this today....it should be "my wife and me" in your title. You're the objects of the verb in that first clause, and your pronoun would be in the objective case.

That being said, those people are jackasses and deserve only raised middle fingers in response..

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
"Thanks for sharing, would you mind if I come over to your home and tell you how to live your life? Didn't think so. Have a blessed day." (continue smiling at them while talking to them)

There is a reason why inconsiderate people don't like me. Considerate people never see this side.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
Maybe you and your wife stumbled upon a swingers pool and when people ask why you aren't swimming, they're really asking why you aren't in the pool fucking.

It really says how fucking dirty my mind is that this is the first thing I think of too lol.

Why would they be so insistent if you weren't fucking up some kind of swinger pool sex club/cult?

Anyway, get in the pool, Shinji!

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
20PZpYEl.jpg

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I went on an alaskan cruise about 5 years ago and brought my 3DS. There were a couple days where we were only at sea with no stops, so I'd sit out on the front balcony and play games in one of the hundreds of chairs. Had numerous people approach me about it. But not give 2 shits about all the people reading their books. Drove me nuts.
It was the most relaxing thing ever, playing games at high sea. I loved it.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
No need to try to be witty or clever or even to explain yourself, just tell them it's none of their business and to get lost. The arrogance of some people is truly outstanding, to think that they get to walk up to strangers and talk to them like this. Fuck that, tell them to take their nosy arses elsewhere.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
why can't people just mind their own gah damn business, holy shit. this and that video I saw on twitter where the lady goes to someones house and complains that she has a tigger flag fucking irritate my soul.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly made us feel like we should pretend that we have any clue as to the restrictions that OP's community may or may not have in place regarding use of the pool?

And your condescending tone sucks, too. Pretty sure OP knows that we're in a pandemic.
I never pretended, i am just sayin that few people around the pool do not mean nobody wants to go to the pool.

many pools have such restrictions, and if you dont like it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I never pretended, i am just sayin that few people around the pool do not mean nobody wants to go to the pool.

many pools have such restrictions, and if you dont like it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Feel free to go back and re-read what you wrote. You absolutely wrote in a manner which suggested that you knew for a fact what the pool policy in OP's community was. So yes, you did in fact pretend, because you had no idea. You spoke to OP as if OP were a child, and it was purely based on your assumptions, assumptions which turned out to be incorrect.

I know it's the Internet, but you are allowed to admit that you were wrong in this case.

Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Could it be that there's a limited amount of spots and you're "hogging" them by not using the pool?

If this is not the case, just ignore them.

Oct 26, 2017
I bet they went home and spent hours on Facebook and Slot machines lamenting that someone sat by the pool and had the audacity to look at their phone for a moment.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This reads like a skit from I Think You Should Leave, lol

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing to add other than this thread is actually hilarious and makes me mad at same time.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I personally find this so weird, I also belong to the local community pool, and honestly probably 80-90% of the people in the pool are kids, who came with their parents who are lounging around in their chairs, or lying on their towels sunbathing (aka NOT swimming), hell a lot aren't even in swimwear, just there "for the kids"- hell I've been that guy. And large percentage of these adults are probably perusing their phones. Like totally not a weird thing to see.

I'd honestly have to respond with an "if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked" response if someone actually had the balls to accost me on this uninvited, and if if they are especially uppity, I'd tell them to go fuck off.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
That is incredibly bizarre. My wife and I also belong to a community pool, and I've never even spoken to another person there let alone had someone confront me about not being in the water. That is so strange and rude.

This makes me wonder a lot of things, like where do you live that this behavior is apparently common and if you're a PoC or standout in some other way. I live in the northeast and I think anyone acting this way would be perceived as incredibly rude and confrontational.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to go back and re-read what you wrote. You absolutely wrote in a manner which suggested that you knew for a fact what the pool policy in OP's community was. So yes, you did in fact pretend, because you had no idea. You spoke to OP as if OP were a child, and it was purely based on your assumptions, assumptions which turned out to be incorrect.

I know it's the Internet, but you are allowed to admit that you were wrong in this case.
Nope. i never talked directly about ops pool. Else i would have said "when there are barely any people at YOUR pool". I didnt.

>So if you are at a pool, during pandemic, and there are barely people there that most likely means that many would love to take your spot so they can get into the water

Aug 30, 2020
I'm assuming this is a community pool? When I first read the title, I was picturing random strangers hopping a fence and walking through your backyard, telling you to get in the pool.

Same. I was going to suggest OP build a fence because just imagine the liability when every pet and child from the neighborhood wanders into this all-too-conspicuous pool and starts drowning in it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. i never talked directly about ops pool. Else i would have said "when there are barely any people at YOUR pool". I didnt.

>So if you are at a pool, during pandemic, and there are barely people there that most likely means that many would love to take your spot so they can get into the water

They limit time and slots so that there would be barely anyone there. That's the purpose. we have this virus running rampage killing people left and right. Uou might have heard of it. Corona.

You spoke as if you knew what was going on at that pool. You made an assumption.

This is an extraordinarily dumb thing for you to be trying to back up.

Here is a way you COULD have put it:

"It's possible that they're limiting spots to allow for social distancing, due to the pandemic. If this is the case, then it could be that you're holding up other people who are in line for a spot."

But instead, you chose to respond like a condescending jackass.