• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously don't understand why people can't just mind their business.

The location probably has limits on the number of people that can be in the pool area. 2 people sitting there doing nothing but browsing their phone are taking away from others who actually want to use the pool.

It's like going to a bowling alley, renting the shoes, and then just fucking sitting down and browsing your phone while you take up a lane.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The location probably has limits on the number of people that can be in the pool area. 2 people sitting there doing nothing but browsing their phone are taking away from others who actually want to use the pool.

It's like going to a bowling alley, renting the shoes, and then just fucking sitting down and browsing your phone while you take up a lane.
Not true at all. There was barely anyone there both days.

Wowbiggulps

Dec 4, 2018
Tell them you are allergic to chlorine and you've battled lifelong depression over it because it means you can never swim in the pool again, then thank them for reminding you and stare until they leave the premises.

Apr 21, 2018
I feel like it's just a weird way for them to be friendly and make small talk about how great the pool is. It's annoying and misguided but the intent is just friendliness.

Atleast in tone that I read them as having.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's just a weird way for them to be friendly and make small talk about how great the pool is. It's annoying and misguided but the intent is just friendliness.

Atleast in tone that I read them as having.
It is for sure. They think they're being funny and helpful.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
gun-stock.jpg

I'm not going to ask twice. Get in the pool.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Not true at all. There was barely anyone there both days.
They limit time and slots so that there would be barely anyone there. That's the purpose. we have this virus running rampage killing people left and right. Uou might have heard of it. Corona.

So if you are at a pool, during pandemic, and there are barely people there that most likely means that many would love to take your spot so they can get into the water.

if a pool allowed like 5 people, this could seem like barely any people, but the others from the line still wait for you leaving.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Next time go and do this to piss them even more.

When they approach you again ask them why are they pestering you with stupid questions instead of swimming....

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
My money is on the swinger commune theory.

OR

These people just want to have a human interaction with someone that isn't in their immediate family, and have an uncreative way of trying to strike up some small talk.

OR

Maybe the pool occupancy limit theory above? But I supposed you'd know if such a rule was in place since it's in your community...

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
They limit time and slots so that there would be barely anyone there. That's the purpose. we have this virus running rampage killing people left and right. Uou might have heard of it. Corona.

So if you are at a pool, during pandemic, and there are barely people there that most likely means that many would love to take your spot so they can get into the water.

if a pool allowed like 5 people, this could seem like barely any people, but the others from the line still wait for you leaving.
I'm telling you this isn't the case. Believe me. I live here. We go to the pool everyday. There was a time when they had a reservation system earlier this year but they have done away with it.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I think people have really lost their speech filters and forgotten how to talk to people since COVID.

"Why aren't you looking at the pool?" is just weird.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
I feel like its this, these kind of people annoy me, but they exist and I don't think they mean any ill will by it. If it felt confrontational or hostile at all then that's different. Also tons people have been locked inside for the better part of a year, so they may be even more inclined to strike up random people if they're that type.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

Always someone ready to bend over backwards to give absolute fucking weirdos some strange benefit of the doubt. Who the fuck demands a stranger get in a pool?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but the chorus of users telling OP to get in the pool has me in tears. For some reason, this is the funniest thing I read all day.