• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buy or rent?

• Purchase the game

Votes: 107 24.4%
  • Subscribe to Origin Premier

Votes: 161 36.8%
  • I'll buy it on console

Votes: 53 12.1%
  • I don't plan/not sure on playing the game

Votes: 117 26.7%

• Total voters

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
We've seen how a game like the Outer Worlds had a significant split on gamepass compared to people buying it on Xbox/PC. I was wondering if people feel the game about Origin Premier since they have the same price ($15 a month), or if people wanna own the game and have no interest in what else Origin has to offer?

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on reviews/word of mouth. Not really into the Dark Souls series or Star Wars enough to grab it at launch, but interested because it's Respawn. So purchase in a few weeks or months on sale?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Premiere, then I'll purchase it if it's a good port because who knows what'll happen with it if EA loses the Star Wars license.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
I'm not interested in subscriptions. Assuming the game reviews well, I'll just buy it outright.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have a free month of Premier coming soon, so I'll utilize that for sure.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm buying on PC assuming it reviews well and is a legit good single player Star Wars.

i have never subscribed to any version of Origin a s just looked at the games again and I own the few games I care about and don't play sports/battlefield/etc so I'm not adding it to my growing list of monthly subscriptions

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
My expectations for it are rather low, but after the news that Death Stranding is the walking simulator it appeared to be, this is the only game left for the year that I had a mild interest in. So, I'll be renting it through Origin, and then likely playing Titanfall 2 again after that.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
If it reviews well, I'll sub to Premier for a month to play it, and then actually purchase it later on down the line when it goes on deep sale

Oct 25, 2017
Answered Origin Premiere but if the reviews are crazy good (and come out before release day) I will likely purchase it outright on Steam for the controller support.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite wary of buying anything from EA, but if they actually have a good game on their hands and it's scheme free on top of that, I'll get it on Steam. For now I have a wait and see attitude. It's exceedingly rare they make or publish anything I find worthwhile.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
There are 4-5 other games I'd like to dip in with Premier -- new PvZ sticks out -- so it's an easy call.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pay $15, beat game, cancel.
giphy.webp

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unsure. If reviews and impressions make it seem like something I want to play, and my PC will run it decently, I'd probably just grab a month of Premier as it definitely seems like a one and done game for me.

If it seems like something like Control where my PC wouldn't run it as well as my PS4 Pro, I'd probably just wait for it to be on sell and beat it and sell it off and probably be out around $10-15.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Purchase on sale. But going to wait a bit for others to deal with the jank. There's no real early adopter prize.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, the full game is on there?

I had no idea.

Yeah, I dont normally play on pc. And I was going to get the game for full price on ps4, but fuck it I guess.

As with most subscription services, immediately cancel as soon as you sign up. Dont be a sucker.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Waiting to see if there ends up being a PS5 version myself. The PS5 is going to be more powerful than my PC so the next year is just a waiting game.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm in love with Origin Basic (ÂŁ19.99/year) and don't mind waiting 6 months to play EA games. Though I'll admit, this will be the hardest one to wait on, so I'm finally installing Battlefront 2 and will play through the SP to get my Star Wars fix =P

And yes, I know the downsides of this, but it's only for EA games, and at such a low price I think it's worth the wait =)

cutting_edge.png

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
After E3 I thought the game looked rather generic and boring. Also, couldn't give two fucks about Star Wars: last time I watched the movies it must have been the early 90's.

I was really surprised by the early impressions though. If it reviews well and more videos of gameplay convince me, I'll buy it and play it after I'm done with Outer Worlds.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Purchasing. Not sure about when that will be since I've got a lot of games on my plate right now, but I have every faith in Respawn and I do intend to pick it up in the near future. Might make it a Christmas present to myself.