• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Still don't understand what outlast trials is. Is it co op? Is it a narrative driven game? The title and what they showed makes me think you just run through random levels trying to escape.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
ezgif-4-b5c31346ef72rjk8z.gif
Just shows you can cut a good trailer but when it comes down to it.....the combat always looks bland in all these 3d Souls likes.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Outlast seems to go the very same route as its predecessors... too bad :( I somewhat enjoyed the first one for its story but the gameplay was actually... well, there wasn't much gameplay. And what I've seen from the second game, although I really liked the setting, it didn't do much. Always running away from enemies on trial and error paths and going for the shock and jump scares isn't something that excites me.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yup numbers are plummeting. Poor indie dev that got screwed. Hopefully I'm wrong about toxic assholes taking it out on them when the post credits is there game and not some AAA thing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they not, I dunno, hit pause before Day9 going "that's the end of the show" and just play the trailer? Like, any two-bit streamer using OBS could do it on their own stream.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Ah yes, Persona 4 Golden, my favorite video game publisher.
Ah yes Persona 4 Golden, my favourite publisher
A+

Still don't understand what outlast trials is. Is it co op? Is it a narrative driven game? The title and what they showed makes me think you just run through random levels trying to escape.
So long as it's something more than another run and hide sim that'd be fantastic.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I reckon a lot of news outlets will pick up on this faux-pas and end up giving Gloomwood a ton of attention based purely on this mistake alone.