Status
Not open for further replies.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
I finished Hypnospace Outlaw the other night. Man... The fact that I have not heard more people talk about this game is a travesty. I didn't even grow up with that style of internet, but it was so lovingly crafted and I had enough knowledge of it to see how true it was. I absolutely loved it.

Edit:
I can't decide on which game I want to start next: Eastshade, Heaven's Gate, or Pathologic 2 (for those Halloween vibes). Something to tide me over until Disco Elysium comes out later next month. Any suggestions?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Hypnospace Outlaw the other night. Man... The fact that I have not heard more people talk about this game is a travesty. I didn't even grow up with that style of internet, but it was so lovingly crafted and I had enough knowledge of it to see how true it was. I absolutely loved it.

Edit:
I can't decide on which game I want to start next: Eastshade, Heaven's Gate, or Pathologic 2 (for those Halloween vibes). Something to tide me over until Disco Elysium comes out later next month. Any suggestions?

Game definitely deserves a lot more recognition. I ran into a bug where I lost my progress in the final stage where you can get to every single website, and that I had extensively beta tested and had played ~35% of the game already, diminished my personal enjoyment. Still a fantastic game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Edit:
Eastshade seems like a light chill game so it gets my vote.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Just played Doom eternal e3 (quakecon?) demo and it feels absolutely fantastic to play. I had so much fun playing it, although some keybinds are hella stupid like having R being 2 different things and climbing with the same as melee attack :/

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Aaron D. do you want to do the short summary for Elysium?

Done and done.

Edit:

Started up Eastshade recently and it's really taken me by surprise. Sports a lot more depth than I initially anticipated, but maintains a Zen, dreamlike gameplay loop in a gorgeously lush sandbox that's like a hybrid of Skyrim & MYST. Really unique experience.

(Got Pathologic 2 on my shortlist for a future visit.)

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am about to play Resident Evil 2 Remake. Who do I play as first/second? Does it matter?
Whoever is fine. However, pay attention to the menus and once you're done with a character (say, Leon A) be careful to continue with the B scenario of the opposite character (so Claire B).
A friend of mine did Leon A and Claire A and didn't understand what I was talking about.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever is fine. However, pay attention to the menus and once you're done with a character (say, Leon A) be careful to continue with the B scenario of the opposite character (so Claire B).
A friend of mine did Leon A and Claire A and didn't understand what I was talking about.

Ay, thank you for the tip.

May 17, 2019

Edit:

Pathologic 2 is the best game released this year, but is a draining time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a weird request but is there a way to filter gog.com to only show "old games"?

Nothing against GoG but generally speaking, if a game is available on Steam I will pick it up there first but they offer a ton of old games that are not available anywhere else and I'm happy to buy them there.... I just kinda don't care to navigate that site having to manually ignore all those latest indie games on there.

I'd love to be able to just see what old games are currently on sale at any given time.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a weird request but is there a way to filter gog.com to only show "old games"?

Nothing against GoG but generally speaking, if a game is available on Steam I will pick it up there first but they offer a ton of old games that are not available anywhere else and I'm happy to buy them there.... I just kinda don't care to navigate that site having to manually ignore all those latest indie games on there.

I'd love to be able to just see what old games are currently on sale at any given time.

They used to let you filter by years but they unfortunately got rid of it.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
so i finally got around to playing cuphead

beat the first couple stages/bosses

running into a weird thing where if im holding shoot i cant always get the higher (the hold the a down) jump and just always get a tap a shorter jump

its awful

i wonder if its my controller

googling it just brings up thousands of pages about people who cant parry correctly

Oct 25, 2017
so i finally got around to playing cuphead

beat the first couple stages/bosses

running into a weird thing where if im holding shoot i cant always get the higher (the hold the a down) jump and just always get a tap a shorter jump

its awful

i wonder if its my controller

googling it just brings up thousands of pages about people who cant parry correctly

High jump is not thaaaat higher. Maybe try switching your keybindings to test.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
it works about half the time so it's really easy to tell

in the flower fight it's the difference between making the flower platform from the ground or not

also none of those discussions had an answer :(

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Blades of Time, pretty cool game for such a low budget title. A shame that we'll never see a sequel, the ending isn't that conclusive...
Now I've started Timeshift, I've already played it a couple of years ago (When i found it boxed) but I feel like it's the right time to do another playtrough on Steam, it's worth even if only to have some screenshots on the database.

sr85ma6.jpg

8p1atYI.jpg

PZqFSPj.jpg

NdGPmrx.jpg

Not bad for a 12 years old release...

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So, Destiny 2 download size is almost 80gb in size. Do I need another 80gb of free space when it unpacks later?

I'm concerned about the Steam's unpacking mechanism. I remember reading that you'll need 2x times of the download size because while unpacking, you will need space for both downloaded and installed files. Steam will then delete the downloaded files after it's finished unpacking. Is that true?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So, Destiny 2 download size is almost 80gb in size. Do I need another 80gb of free space when it unpacks later?

I'm concerned about the Steam's unpacking mechanism. I remember reading that you'll need 2x times of the download size because while unpacking, you will need space for both downloaded and installed files. Steam will then delete the downloaded files after it's finished unpacking. Is that true?
I don't think its necessarily 2x the size but yes, you do need a hefty percentage of the game's size available on top of the preloaded files.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Valve fixed that in mid-2015. These days, Steam splits pre-load data into 1GB chunks that are deleted on-the-fly during the decryption process. You'll still need some headroom to account for compression, but you no longer need to ensure you've enough space for both the pre-load and the installation.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't think its necessarily 2x the size but yes, you do need a hefty percentage of the game's size available on top of the preloaded files.
Valve fixed that in mid-2015. These days, Steam splits pre-load data into 1GB chunks that are deleted on-the-fly during the decryption process. You'll still need some headroom to account for compression, but you no longer need to ensure you've enough space for both the pre-load and the installation.
Cool, thanks!

I guess I'm safe with 70GB left for now.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Steam Beta Clients are promoted to Stable release when Valve decides that they are ready. So it could be 2 weeks or month or whatever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.