Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Caught up with SplatterCat demoing 10 Miles and was intrigued enough to buy.

Game is dope af. Gorgeous presentation that's dense with environmental objects. Awesome animation cycles with tons of variety (both player & npcs). Controls feel great on k/m.

I love that there's tons of civvies on the map mixed in with the baddies. It makes shooting a lot more thoughtful and the space feel super authentic. The human npcs have cool AI routines in that they're running for safety, tripping/falling & getting back up, diving into houses, cowering in cover, etc. Human cops get between the zombies and civilians providing covering fire. It all makes for great atmosphere.

I was always a fan of overhead shooters like Dead Nation, and 10 miles takes the idea and amps it like crazy with scavenging & crafting loops. You have to hunker down when night comes, tower-defense style, taking on waves of super-zombies before the sun comes up. As you try to reach your destination 10 miles away progress gets more lethal as x distance raises Outbreak Levels makes the infected stronger. Interestingly, doubling back the way you came drops the levels back down again, making tactical retreats a viable strat for looting and resupplying.

Overall the audio/visual package coupled with tight controls and speedy gameplay make this package appealing as hell. One of those deals where it feels like it's firing on all cylinders. Great opening price too.

Big thumbs up.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Just finished Gears 5 solo with Gamepass. Microsoft Store/Xbox app shenanigans aside, I'm surprised that the game runs really well on my old PC. I don't run it in high graphic settings of course. A combination of low and medium settings, and most of the time the game is locked in 60 FPS. I've only finished the first one and played 2 and 3 a bit, so it's been a while since the last time I played Gears of War games.

I really like how laidback the game is compared to the previous games where everything's gloom and doom (though, it's understandable due to the circumstances in the story). Del is such a great guy and he helps brighten up some mundane parts of the game. Gameplay wise, it's still the same ol' Gears, but more. The abilities are pretty cool, although they make the game a bit easier. I kinda wish the boss fights are much more challenging or at least have different fight mechanics. I personally don't mind the semi-open world structure of the game, but I'd rather have a more linear approach for Gears games. Overall, I really enjoy my time with the game.

I actually wanted to finish Gears of War 4 before playing Gears 5, but I was so frustrated with the Xbox app. When I was in the middle of downloading the game, it suddenly disappeared from the download list and a couple of days later it magically appeared. I took it as a sign that I shouldn't try my luck with the game lol

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Since I couldn't find a Plague Tale performance thread. I bought the game and I'm above the recommended reqs (R5 1600, 16GB RAM, RX580) but I'm getting awful performance, can't even get a stable 60fps at 1080p on Medium settings, with dips to 50-55fps. Said screw it, and tried 30fps/Ultra/controller with RTSS but I'm getting more input lag issues than a Rockstar game. Admittedly I've only played the first 10min of the game, is just the first area that is like this or can I expect similar performance onwards?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh man, I think I fucked up. A suicidal robot begged me to kill him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I told him to go back to his sex-obsessed owner. Next time I saw her, she was over the moon and couldn't thank me enough. The robot wouldn't speak to me at all.

giphy.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Call of Duty WW2 Campaign today and damn that was amazing. Game is audio visual treat and with one of the best characters in any CoD game. Modern Warfare squad is still best one to me but WW2 squad is right after them. Death Factory and Hill 493 is still best missions to me but in general whole second half is so good.

6ozXlFE.png

wk5wCAA.png

Dv9FQ1J.png

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Call of Duty WW2 Campaign today and damn that was amazing. Game is audio visual treat and with one of the best characters in any CoD game. Modern Warfare squad is still best one to me but WW2 squad is right after them. Death Factory and Hill 493 is still best missions to me but in general whole second half is so good.

6ozXlFE.png

wk5wCAA.png

Dv9FQ1J.png
COD campaigns are so fucking good.

I don't even find the war genre interesting.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Caught up with SplatterCat demoing 10 Miles and was intrigued enough to buy.

Game is dope af. Gorgeous presentation that's dense with environmental objects. Awesome animation cycles with tons of variety (both player & npcs). Controls feel great on k/m.

I love that there's tons of civvies on the map mixed in with the baddies. It makes shooting a lot more thoughtful and the space feel super authentic. The human npcs have cool AI routines in that they're running for safety, tripping/falling & getting back up, diving into houses, cowering in cover, etc. Human cops get between the zombies and civilians providing covering fire. It all makes for great atmosphere.

I was always a fan of overhead shooters like Dead Nation, and 10 miles takes the idea and amps it like crazy with scavenging & crafting loops. You have to hunker down when night comes, tower-defense style, taking on waves of super-zombies before the sun comes up. As you try to reach your destination 10 miles away progress gets more lethal as x distance raises Outbreak Levels makes the infected stronger. Interestingly, doubling back the way you came drops the levels back down again, making tactical retreats a viable strat for looting and resupplying.

Overall the audio/visual package coupled with tight controls and speedy gameplay make this package appealing as hell. One of those deals where it feels like it's firing on all cylinders. Great opening price too.

Big thumbs up.

Had to double check that I included it in my next Highlight thread XP
Expect it to go up this coming Thursday :3

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh man, I think I fucked up. A suicidal robot begged me to kill him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I told him to go back to his sex-obsessed owner. Next time I saw her, she was over the moon and couldn't thank me enough. The robot wouldn't speak to me at all.

giphy.gif

Ah, I see you're a fan of robot slavery. Interesting.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017

giphy.gif
I have been thoroughly enjoying your KOTOR posts. It makes me want to replay the games.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

6ozXlFE.png

wk5wCAA.png

Dv9FQ1J.png

To me it is somehow still kinda unbelievable that CoD became a series where I look at and can say: "These are some good graphics". Not just textures or stuff like that but as a whole. Not too long ago I saw a CoD and would go: "Looks alright I guess."

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starbreeze must be desperate for money because they're working on Payday 2 again.

• Last year PAYDAY 2 development was stopped. Having reconsidered our future, I've asked the OVERKILL crew to resume production on PAYDAY 2. The game will have more updates going forward, both paid and free.

• The team is working hard on the first new update, I will let the team present it soon™, but you can get a sneak peek here.

• We're re-introducing the DLC smörgåsbord again. An à la carte option of previous legacy content DLCs will be made available again starting today!

• As a part of our journey into the future, we'll be changing the PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition to PAYDAY 2: Legacy Collection starting later today. We want to be able to move forward together with all of you in our community, and to be able to do this we need to retire the promise of free future content based on old assumptions (more below).

• New curated bundles on existing content will be created to give great offers to new and returning players

Not sure how this will work out for them, especially after they made a big deal about not having anymore paid DLC. They tied everything up in game and cleaned up the DLC page last but this seems to be undoing all of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Starbreeze must be desperate for money because they're working on Payday 2 again.

Not sure how this will work out for them, especially after they made a big deal about not having anymore paid DLC. They tied everything up in game and cleaned up the DLC page last but this seems to be undoing all of that.
They literally admit in the post that its because they almost went bankrupt.

The fanbase is really happy about it. If they didnt start working on Payday 2 again they wouldnt have any new payday content until 3 comes out in 2023 (if starbreeze didnt close down beforehand)

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

That's another great "Wow dark side you is a fucking asshole" scenario.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I have been thoroughly enjoying your KOTOR posts. It makes me want to replay the games.

Thanks! I returned to PC gaming late last year after missing out on basically two decades of classics. So I've got a lot of catching up to do! I'm kicking myself for having missed out on the Total War franchise, really loving my time with those games.

At my current rate I doubt I can finish KOTOR 2 before Rise of Skywalker comes out. All the mentions of Mandalorians in this game have me hyped for the TV show though. Does anyone know if stuff in KOTOR is canon?

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They literally admit in the post that its because they almost went bankrupt.

The fanbase is really happy about it. If they didnt start working on Payday 2 again they wouldnt have any new payday content until 3 comes out in 2023 (if starbreeze didnt close down beforehand)

I know that the company cratered but desperately reopening Payday 2 development doesn't give me much hope for the company existing a few years much less Payday 3 ever coming out.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

Hey me too! Really good campaign, up there with the best of the CODs. Yeah Hill 493 was probably the highlight for me.

Juno

Oct 27, 2017
All these pics and talk about CoD WW2 making me wanna play it. Not too interested in mp though

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
This is driving me nuts, hopefully someone can help me:

How do I connect to the desktop or big picture of a remote Steam computer? This is the default behavior on the Steam Link device and the Steam Link app, but the Steam client only lets me stream specific games? I've enabled the console but connect_remote only establishes the connection, it does not initiate streaming.

Running a windowed game launcher and minimizing does not work.

I need to access my settings on the remote PC but with a PC as the client I'm unable to do anything but launch games, and the Steam Link app doesn't seem to have a way to input IP addresses for remote play, just PIN code syncing.

All Google results are from 2014.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I also just started WWII and am surprised at its quality. I recall reviews being lukewarm? This seems like a strong package, especially for the Humble deal.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ah, I see you're a fan of robot slavery. Interesting.
That's another great "Wow dark side you is a fucking asshole" scenario.
I hope you lose your ligthtsaber over this.

Look, the game only gave me three options after I saved the robot from being destroyed by some beasts:

a) Kill the robot and tell the owner why you did it.
b) Kill the robot and tell the owner you never found it.
c) Tell the robot to go back to the owner, because she needs support because her husband died.

Bioware is trolling me! I wanted to just tell it to flee. I'm trying to be a Jedi worthy of this lightsaber!

Changed it to blue btw, all is well now.

B2555675DE71920E16B1DE0876246EF4B87CC71F

I wish there was a way to hide the head gear but keep its abilities. I look like I stepped out of Star Trek.

D0A3DCE68BAD3BE2B7EF6329780A70EA42CBC723

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just fucking realised why The Outer Worlds seems kind of nice and familiar to me - it reminds of Firefly! I can't wait for it to be on Steam.

Not sure what the story is, if you even get to play with a crew, or even make one.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I just fucking realised why The Outer Worlds seems kind of nice and familiar to me - it reminds of Firefly! I can't wait for it to be on Steam.

Not sure what the story is, if you even get to play with a crew, or even make one.
The first companion you can recruit--Parvati--is basically Kaylee from Firefly. It's the best.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
CoD WWII has a great campaign, but I'm still disappointed that there was no Canadian, British or other campaigns.

Treyarch is still like the only AAA dev to throw WWII Canada a bone with three levels. Playing a defense of Hong Kong campaign would be stunning.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

from the discussions:

How are they gonna handle this lore wise?
Bain either dies of zombie aids or dies and is reincarnated as the president, all the heisters have gone their separate ways in the true ending.​

wut

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her...
The chants in Black Flag are really great. It makes me want to replay the game again.

It reminds me, we haven't heard much about Skull & Bones. I wonder if the development of the game's doing alright.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus H Fucking Christ...

The final level of the new Yooka Laylee game can fuck off to the highest degree. Wtf is this?? Did anyone buying a bloody Yooka Laylee game really expect or want to be playing Super Meat Boy by the last level?
It feels like something intended for a completely different game from everything that has come before, what were they thinking?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

The final level of the new Yooka Laylee game can fuck off to the highest degree. Wtf is this?? Did anyone buying a bloody Yooka Laylee game really expect or want to be playing Super Meat Boy by the last level?
It feels like something intended for a completely different game from everything that has come before, what were they thinking?
I mean, its the name of the game!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I have high hopes for Empire of Sin. Brenda Romero really seems to get it, from all the interviews and stuff. And Paradox is like the perfect fit for the game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I kinda feel that's the most interesting part of that game honestly.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to re-install Kerbal Space Program... So bummed to see that the mods situations is still a giant clusterfuck... They use the "Curse/Twitch" client officially but the app is not only terrible, it's also not maintained at all so there a lot of mods that are either not in the app at all or only super old versions so you have to search through endless random forum threads to find the latest version of a mod.... So fucking annoying.

I really hope they will fix that shit in the sequel.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, did anyone honestly expect that to be the case though from the title? Really?
And that it wasn't just pithy or embellishment for the sake of it being the game's title? Especially when the rest of the game is nothing like it?

Yeah nothing in the game really prepares you for the sort of platformer gauntlet that is the Impossible Lawyer with it's lack of checkpoints, multiple boss fights and no tonics. It feels more a secret post credits type level than a final level.

They really should have implemented an easier alternate version. Every other level has 2 versions why not the Impossible Layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.