Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Death Factory and Hill 493 chapters in CoD WW2 were amazing. More i play this game more i love it. It is just sad that it is so short. I really want 20+h singleplayer WW2 FPS.

sW3YSCX.png

puk50s5.png

b48oDQB.png

mD3zwLp.png

DoDLioO.png

fF5QvUB.png

VNaJmHE.png

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Death Factory and Hill 493 chapters in CoD WW2 were amazing. More i play this game more i love it. It is just sad that it is so short. I really want 20+h singleplayer WW2 FPS.
Personally, I don't think that more than 10+ hours is a good length for FPS game. Right now I'm playing Ion Fury, and while it's a great game and I have fun with it, I don't understand why it's still going. Even with great level design and music, gameplay loop gets old after the first 5 hours and there's no new exciting weapons and enemies, so it mostly plays the same. In my opinion, 7-8 hours is the perfect length for the FPS game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I don't think that more than 10+ hours is a good length for FPS game. Right now I'm playing Ion Fury, and while it's a great game and I have fun with it, I don't understand why it's still going. Even with great level design and music, gameplay loop gets old after the first 5 hours and there's no new exciting weapons and enemies, so it mostly plays the same. In my opinion, 7-8 hours is the perfect length for the FPS game.

I just want to spend more times with characters. That is why it is short for me. I would say that 12-13h is minimum I would like to see. CoD is basically non-stop action, adding more slow paced moments where you spend more time with characters would bring playtime above 10h for sure.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
19 hours of gaming ago, I started KOTOR, just a humble scoundrel, not a credit to my name.

440827C.jpg

I travelled far and met a lot of people. I did things I'm not proud of.

geyhBEc.jpg

But I finally got to Dantooine and trained in the ways of the Jedi...

SFyORys.jpg

... AND EARNED MY DAMN LIGHTSABER.

jrvuNXE.jpg

Not happy about its colour, but hopefully I can change it with a crystal or something.

19 FRIGGIN HOURS.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
It depends on the game but I think 5-10 hours is fine for CoD. Playing MW right now and it's pretty short but missions are really varied and budget is obviously super high so I prefer short and sweet instead of games dragging out throwing all the different enemies/weapons at you for the first half and then the second half is just different levels without anything new.

I like that in MW they put more effort into story progression and the characters, there's some type of missions I've never seen before in a CoD game that are more like story missions. Not just all out action. Also the shooting part is surprisingly solid. It feels like old times in CoD4, gameplay is actually super fun.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Potential EGS title Dying Light (2) is having some kind of cross over event with L4D2. Now idk what the chances of DL2 being EGS exclusive are but it seemed like the talk was it could be one of the potential titles to get snapped up by Epic awhile back but here they are doing a event with Valve.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from SteveWinwood SteveWinwood!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

SteveWinwood said:
here have some bundle leftovers

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Thomas Was Alone - Won by Rosebud Rosebud (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: There's nothing here - Won by Shogun Shogun (5 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Rusty Lake Hotel - Won by weemadarthur weemadarthur (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: The Stanley Parable - Won by ba2 ba2 (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Everything - Won by nded nded (9 entries)

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to play Gears and Outer Worlds has taught me 1 thing. My 960 2 GB card does not cut it anymore. Can't wait to throw the new build together.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
19 hours of gaming ago, I started KOTOR, just a humble scoundrel, not a credit to my name.

440827C.jpg

geyhBEc.jpg

SFyORys.jpg

jrvuNXE.jpg

Not happy about its colour, but hopefully I can change it with a crystal or something.

19 FRIGGIN HOURS.

I want to play KOTOR but it's like ten deep in my backlog and new games are jumping in all the time :(

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

440827C.jpg

geyhBEc.jpg

SFyORys.jpg

jrvuNXE.jpg

19 FRIGGIN HOURS.
about fkn time

what a journey

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Potential EGS title Dying Light (2) is having some kind of cross over event with L4D2. Now idk what the chances of DL2 being EGS exclusive are but it seemed like the talk was it could be one of the potential titles to get snapped up by Epic awhile back but here they are doing a event with Valve.
Chris Avellone is a big contributor to Dying Light 2. I don't know the exact title but he's heavily involved in the narrative stuff. He's very much against the idea of EGS exclusivity so hopefully they listen to him.
I mean, in the end he has no power at all, but I don't think it would be a good idea to make your big name angry like that. Might not get him back for DLCs!

(I'm just hoping and hoping and hoping it won't go to EGS...)

i didnt know how to delete a random game input i skipped over so i just wrote theres nothing there instead

dont enter for it
If that is true you should probably cancel and redo the giveaway.

FunnyJay

Oct 27, 2017

Seriously, how did it take you so many hours?
First time I played KOTOR, Tanis took me about 8 hours to complete. Granted, I didn't do all the side quests on that run.

But my second playthrough, I did pretty much every quest on Tanis (skipping some Pazaak though probably) and left Tanis after.... 5 hours?

How do you end up at 19 hours? That must be a record! 😆

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I want to play KOTOR but it's like ten deep in my backlog and new games are jumping in all the time :(

I was in the same situation as you, but I'm trying to be methodical about tackling my backlog this year. I'm ignoring new games, they all release buggy on day one anyway. I was playing Apex Legends on PS4 for several weeks, enjoying it, but then it started to stress me out. The horrendously awful rando teammates, that is. I was also getting annoyed by dirty drivers on GT Sport and F1 2019, so I decided to take a break from all online games and needed something narrative heavy.

I tried Thronebreaker, but sadly I found it disappointing. With a new SW movie on the way, I figured it was time to finally check out KOTOR and see what all the fuss is about. I'm enjoying it quite a lot, despite the hammy acting and simple story, it's still more compelling than some modern RPGs, everything about this game just feels like it had a lot of passion put into it, and the execution of the premise is excellent, you really feel like you're on an epic journey.

Seriously, how did it take you so many hours?
First time I played KOTOR, Tanis took me about 8 hours to complete. Granted, I didn't do all the side quests on that run.

But my second playthrough, I did pretty much every quest on Taris (skipping some Pazaak though probably) and left Tanis after.... 5 hours?

How do you end up at 19 hours? That must be a record! 😆

I didn't even play Pazaak!!! I decided to ignore it, not a big fan of card games. If there were achievements related to it I might have, but this game has no achievements so I didn't feel compelled to try it.

Honestly, I didn't do anything weird, I ran around Taris doing all main and side quests. I check the map regularly so I never got lost or even stuck on any fights. Which kind of surprised me, because it's taken me a while to get used to this type of combat. The hardest part of the game so far has been the bit where you're in space firing at enemy spacecraft. I don't think my mouse sensitivity was high enough, so it took me ages to swing around and target them, lol.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

19 FRIGGIN HOURS.

19 hours of training and you get given a lightsaber? Boy the Jedi Order used to just hand em out. And to a random scoundrel too!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
19 hours of training and you get given a lightsaber? Boy the Jedi Order used to just hand em out. And to a random scoundrel too!

A yellow lightsaber. The first Sith I encounter is going to die laughing. :|

As a big strategy fan, it's a shame there aren't many SW themed ones. I went down the Steam rabbit hole and found this little gem though.

store.steampowered.com

STAR WARS™ Empire at War - Gold Pack on Steam

Command or corrupt an entire galaxy in the definitive Star Wars strategy collection. It is a time of galactic civil war. Will you take up the reins of the Rebellion, assume control of the Empire, or rule the Star Wars Underworld?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
kQOLbF7.png

Spec Ops: The Line finished. I remember it being longer than the 5 hours it turned out to be, but there's so much packed into those 5 hours that it's well worth a playthrough. It's a real trip of heavy subject matter and high concepts, reaching to be about something more than the rest of the military shooter brethren. An American Military Unit goes into the Middle East, ostensibly to help, but after the inevitable mission creep they wind up caught up in a quagmire they can't escape from before countless civilians and military are killed. I wonder what this might be in reference too?! It's all about taking a sledgehammer to the idea of moral absolutism and certainty that 'we', i.e. the West, are undoubtedly the good guys in all those military shooters, while also tearing down the idea of 'moral choice' in games which suggest that everything outside of those binary choices is morally irrelevant. I love the physical degradation of the team throughout the five hours too, going from typical wise cracking military hero types (helped by Nolan North being cast as the lead, I think it might be his best role) to brutal and brutalised killers only caring about getting revenge for what they did.

Also, Bruce Boxleitner pulls a real Commander Sheridan as the legendary Colonel you're after, John Konrad. (Yeah, Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now are huge inspirations for the game, which is fine by me.)

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna give a shoutout to Spin Rhythm. If you're into rhythm games that feature complex reading & multitasking (SDVX, DJ Hero), Spin Rhythm is for you.
The game is hard. But when it clicks, it becomes super rewarding. Great selection of licensed music as well.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna give a shoutout to Spin Rhythm. If you're into rhythm games that feature complex reading & multitasking (SDVX, DJ Hero), Spin Rhythm is for you.
The game is hard. But when it clicks, it becomes super rewarding. Great selection of licensed music as well.

This looks sick though not like something I could play with my current wrist problems

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... So I started playing Children of Morta (that game is amazing btw!) and noticed that I was still getting screen tearing even with the in-game VSync enabled so I decided to go force it via NVIDIA Inspector instead.

I realized that the version of Inspector I am using is 1.9.7.8 from 2016... I see that the game profiles are still getting updated everytime you open the second window but is there a more recent version of the overall tool available or this is still the latest? Not finding much on Google

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, quick question... I have never used Origin Access before...

Do all the first party EA games automatically get added day 1 to the "Premier" tier?

I'm thinking of grabbing one month for 20$ to play through Jedi Fallen Order on release... Kinda like what I just did with UPlay+ and Ghost Recon lol

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017

Do all the first party EA games automatically get added day 1 to the "Premier" tier?

I'm thinking of grabbing one month for 20$ to play through Jedi Fallen Order on release... Kinda like what I just did with UPlay+ and Ghost Recon lol
You actually get them a handful of days early. Usually somewhere between 4 and 10 days early.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since you don't seem to think there is a problem with an empty giveaway I am guessing you actually did put something there then.
I mean, I don't see why there would be a problem myself. All people have to do is just not click it and ignore it, just like the option says. Easy. Not getting where the problem is exactly.

It really doesn't seem like a big deal to me, certainly not enough to actually need to reset the giveaway and just seems to be people overthinking things but that's my take.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, like said earlier they usually come out a few days before release too. They're the ultimate version of the games.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I mean, I don't see why there would be a problem myself. All people have to do is just not click it and ignore it, just like the option says. Easy. Not getting where the problem is exactly.

It really doesn't seem like a big deal to me, certainly not enough to actually need to reset the giveaway and just seems to be people overthinking things but that's my take.
Giving away nothing isn't allowed and locks people out of other giveaways for no reason. Sure, they should have read the info but clearly four people either didn't believe it was actually empty (because it's a thing to pretend something cool is nothing, and when people mess up for real they usually repost the giveaway properly) or didn't read it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Giving away nothing isn't allowed and locks people out of other giveaways for no reason. Sure, they should have read the info but clearly four people either didn't believe it was actually empty (because it's a thing to pretend something cool is nothing, and when people mess up for real they usually repost the giveaway properly) or didn't read it.
I entered for the nothing option for a laugh. It isn't that big a deal.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
A yellow lightsaber. The first Sith I encounter is going to die laughing. :|

As a big strategy fan, it's a shame there aren't many SW themed ones. I went down the Steam rabbit hole and found this little gem though.

store.steampowered.com

STAR WARS™ Empire at War - Gold Pack on Steam

Command or corrupt an entire galaxy in the definitive Star Wars strategy collection. It is a time of galactic civil war. Will you take up the reins of the Rebellion, assume control of the Empire, or rule the Star Wars Underworld?

Yo, don't knock a yellow lightsaber. Canonically, those only went to Jedi Sentinels - those equally powerful in combat and scholar pursuits.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Wandersong is really pretty but I wish it had a faster movement option. Hopefully they give me one later or something as a dance

I entered because I actually want to win nothing.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys... So I started playing Children of Morta (that game is amazing btw!) and noticed that I was still getting screen tearing even with the in-game VSync enabled so I decided to go force it via NVIDIA Inspector instead.

I realized that the version of Inspector I am using is 1.9.7.8 from 2016... I see that the game profiles are still getting updated everytime you open the second window but is there a more recent version of the overall tool available or this is still the latest? Not finding much on Google

Nvidia Inspector was abandoned and then later picked up by another coder called Orbmu2k. It's open source so it can be forked by anyone but Orbmu2k's version is the only one I've personally used.

Specific game profiles are added via driver updates from Nvidia though and not through Inspector, so I wouldn't worry too much if things are working as intended. Inspector is just that, an inspector. ;) It simply lets you alter existing parameters within the driver.

If you're interested in updating to Orbmu2k's version, you can find their releases on Github here: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Nvidia Inspector was abandoned and then later on picked up by a user named Orbmu2k.

Specific game profiles are added via driver updates from Nvidia though and not through Inspector, so don't worry too much if things are working as intended. Inspector is just that, an inspector. ;)

If you're interested in updating to Orbmu2k's version, you can find their releases on Github: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases
Good to know, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.