• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I seriously missed getting Shadow Warrior 2 free? I even fucking voted for it.

Busy for two days and it's gone.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Man ZeroRanger is one fo the best game to be released this year. Intelligent presention, fantastic music, addictive gameplay, and amazing design. If you're a lover of shmups or just games in general this is such a treat. It's sop much more than just a shoot'em up.

It's currently sitting at 100% with 47 reviews.

Yep, probably the best I've played on Steam for the past couple of years.

You all are making me want to impulse buy but I'm trying to be strong. The winter sale cometh and I'm already buying way too much in October.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all are making me want to impulse buy but I'm trying to be strong. The winter sale cometh and I'm already buying way too much in October.
It's a brand new STG, the most it'll get discounted is probably like 20%.

These games also don't usually sell very well. It's pretty much the only genre which I usually support at launch when a game looks good. The word of mouth for ZeroRanger is pretty strong though so hopefully that'll help, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Damn Kassandra, you thirsty as fuck.

OTvanK4.png

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Is it normal to get 50% usage in both GPU and CPU in PUBG?

Depends on amount of cores I guess. If you are looking at general CPU usage, it'll do an average of all cores, if the game doesn't use all cores evenly you won't get an accurate number. One core might be maxed out but others are barely used etc.

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine there's a very large, complicated venn diagram of people that are made to feel insecure about their identity by reminders of Valve's success.

I've also begun to wonder if there isn't a touch of astroturfing involved considering the apparent long term plans of some big movers in the PC digital space. That might be some modern paranoia on my part though.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
header.jpg

FINALLY finished Dangenronpa 1.
Had it on Vita for years, but the gameplay sessions were not my thing, so I quit it after the first trial.
Found a nice YT lets play and finished the main game today.

Should I watch the School Mode new game+ or can I start Dangenronpa 2?

I admit I did this for the first and second games. I just watched an LP of it and still bought them anyway. I got V3 for PS4 and beat it ages ago.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
How can a thread about a meme image in Valves HQ turn into the same old "Valve is shit" thread again? Literally how???
Saw the thread last night and thought "heh...of course" but it just got worse and worse. Any Valve thread is now just about bringing grievances, imagined or real and not about the actual topic now. I mean its a meme thread, discussions are not exactly flowing but my god...wtf. Even trying to have a discussion is now considered "being defensive".

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The thing is why do people even do that?

If there is a Banderas image in the Sony HQ, I would be cool and not post stuff thats unrelated to that in such a post like

"Remember Credit card leak?"
"Remember shit PSN speeds?"
"30% lol"
"Wow. No refunds!"

Why do people feel the need to do that in apparently literally every Valve thread though, even if its just about a Gabe imagine in their office and still have the "lazy dev" arguments, when they literally added even more controller config a few weeks ago and that whole Linux thing along with Publisher pages, new store functions etc.?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is why do people even do that?

If there is a Banderas image in the Sony HQ, I would be cool and not post stuff thats unrelated to that in such a post like

"Remember Credit card leak?"
"Remember shit PSN speeds?"
"30% lol"
"Wow. No refunds!"

Why do people feel the need to do that in apparently literally every Valve thread though, even if its just about a Gabe imagine in their office and still have the "lazy dev" arguments, when they literally added even more controller config a few weeks ago and that whole Linux thing along with Publisher pages, new store functions etc.?
platform warz

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
But why get so riled up about it?

Valve is an e-tailer. It's like getting mad about people talking trash about Amazon or Walmart.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
But why get so riled up about it?

Valve is an e-tailer. It's like getting mad about people talking trash about Amazon or Walmart.
I mean its pretty tiring when we cant even discuss shit in a valve thread without the dweebs who dont even game on PC coming in and shitting it up all the time

sane shit happens with pc building threads etc, all about comfy couch gaming and whatever other bullshit

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean its pretty tiring when we cant even discuss shit in a valve thread without the dweebs who dont even game on PC coming in and shitting it up all the time
This is a Valve thread.

Most of the other threads are not really established to "discuss shit". A thread dedicated to Valve's stupid video wall is mainly for making fun of Valve's stupid video wall, I'd think.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This is a Valve thread.

Most of the other threads are not really established to "discuss shit". A thread dedicated to Valve's stupid video wall is mainly for making fun of Valve's stupid video wall, I'd think.
I mean, if you actually read the thread, people aren't talking about Valve's stupid video wall. It's all about "Why won't Valve makes games anymore?" which absolutely has nothing to do with the video wall.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
This is a Valve thread.

The thread isnt about the videowall.

It devolved into

"Why isnt Valve making games anymore?"
"The storefront is shit."
"Why wont they curate the store?"
"Itch.io is far better"
"No one wants to play MP games"
"What is Valve even doing?"
"Valve employees are lazy."

Why do you think that thread has 6 pages?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you actually read the thread, people aren't talking about Valve's stupid video wall. It's all about "Why won't Valve makes games anymore?" which absolutely has nothing to do with the video wall.
No, I'm saying the spirit of the thread isn't really meant for thought-provoking commentary about Valve and the Steam store.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
If I buy an Ultra Street Fighter IV EU key - will it activate in Malaysia? Or do I need to do some VPN trickery?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm saying the spirit of the thread isn't really meant for thought-provoking commentary about Valve and the Steam store.
But it totally is for all the other garbage in the thread? Sure the topic does not warrant any real discussion but it also does not also mean you can bring in your own grievances that also have nothing to do with the thread. And when all threads go the same way the pattern emerges and it makes people rightfully annoyed.

If I buy an Ultra Street Fighter IV EU key - will it activate in Malaysia? Or do I need to do some VPN trickery?
I think US and EU keys are essentially ROW and they should activate unless Capcom put specific restrictions on them. Where are you buying this? Most sites will tell you when a key will not activate in your country. JaseC can tell you more.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
But it totally is for all the other garbage in the thread? Sure the topic does not warrant any real discussion but it also does not also mean you can bring in your own grievances that also have nothing to do with the thread. And when all threads go the same way the pattern emerges and it makes people rightfully annoyed.

I think US and EU keys are essentially ROW and they should activate unless Capcom put specific restrictions on them. Where are you buying this? Most sites will tell you when a key will not activate in your country. JaseC can tell you more.

I have kinguin credit. It says it can only be played and activated in Europe in the descriptions. But I think I used a VPN to activate an EU key before (I don't remember these things well)... which if that's the case, what's stopping people from buying the cheap russian key and using a VPN?

(Also on second thoughts, i don't think I'm going to buy the USFIV EU key, its a community offer and the guy has a couple of accounts).

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the key. This newer sub is runtime-restricted, but this older one is not. Kinguin actually has good customer service in my experience, so even if you do end up with the former, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a refund.

Ah I see. Makes sense that there's a runtime restriction on those, as they are way too cheap.

Do I need to buy the insurance to get the refund? I don't usually buy the insurance for smaller items.

Thanks again as always Jase.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Official Release date for Rimworld is confirmed to be October 17th. Since the price is to go up after release, anyone interested in the game (and have not bought it) should consider a purchase!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Mega Man 9 is really hard my lord, and I'm playing as Protoman since I never had the dlc for the console version and he seems to take double damage. Every stage is a nightmare lol.

Still wish Capcom would patch Mega Man 11 so I could play it.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the chance to see what I got with my last Humble Monthly and wow... this is a bad bundle. Might be the worst month ever actually.
Already own Hitman and Hollow Knight so next month is a definitely a pause a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.