Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I started playing The Last Guardian on base PS4. So i have need to apologize to PC community XD

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing The Last Guardian on base PS4. So i have need to apologize to PC community XD
For playing on vanilla PS4, I think the game needs to apologize to you.

But it's a fantastic experience. As close to 5 stars as I've ever seen in a video game (which is funny, because I'd never really consider it for any list of my favorite games—kind of like movies that are really, really good, but that you never care to watch again).

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't see why. Play what you like on whatever you like.

I just finished Xenoblade 2 and Torna (until that community shit, quit the game then). Both fantastic games. Now Im gonna do some DQ XI and FFVI on Steam.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every gaming brand mouse I've gotten has had build issues and started phantom clicking or had a button break withing four months. Razer, Steelseries, and even Logitech, which was the gold standard in the 2000s, have had problems. I had to return a mouse, and then the replacement started having problems with its thumb-button, so now I just don't use it -which is annoying.

Mouse 3 and Mouse 4 are very useful, especially in games with alt-fires and special items, or even just to crouch. I find pressing either ctrl, x, or c to crouch very awkward.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

For playing on vanilla PS4, I think the game needs to apologize to you.

But it's a fantastic experience. As close to 5 stars as I've ever seen in a video game (which is funny, because I'd never really consider it for any list of my favorite games—kind of like movies that are really, really good, but that you never care to watch again).

Enjoy cinematic 24 fps experience.
Still need to play the game

I don't see why. Play what you like on whatever you like.

I just finished Xenoblade 2 and Torna (until that community shit, quit the game then). Both fantastic games. Now Im gonna do some DQ XI and FFVI on Steam.

That was meant to be funny post because game has performance issues on base PS4 XD

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
I heard that these things are good and can be very comfortable:

8647000-6.jpg

8636601-2.jpg

logitech_910_005447_mx_vertical_advanced_ergonomic_1431406.jpg

Anyone tried these vertical, ergonomic mouses?
I have. A woman I work with uses one after having had surgery on her wrist. I needed to use her PC the other day and those things are an affront to all that is good and holy (and that's coming from an atheist).

I guess your mileage may vary depending on the way that you hold a normal mouse. In my case, I use my right hand, with my index finger using the left button, whilst my middle finger is on the right. My thumb tends to rest along the left side of the mouse, guiding it's position and making use of the side buttons if there are any.

The other fingers are largely redundant and just rest to the right of the mouse... and that's the problem. The right hand side of a mouse that's been rotated by 90 degrees is inside the desk. That's obviously not possible, so they just end up in a really awkward, uncomfortable position.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
How often do you guys have to change your mice? I've been through 3 logitech mice in the past 6 years or so. So I just got a cheapo "gaming" mouse this time. Watch it last 5 years.
As for what failed, the first one started double clicking, while the 2nd and 3rd would randomly disconnect for a second. Guess that would be the cable?

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that these things are good and can be very comfortable:

8647000-6.jpg

8636601-2.jpg

logitech_910_005447_mx_vertical_advanced_ergonomic_1431406.jpg

Anyone tried these vertical, ergonomic mouses?

I have this Anker mouse and really enjoy using it. The position does feel more natural and my wrist doesn't start to ache like it would if I were using a standard mouse all the time. As far as gaming goes, I haven't tested the ergonomic mouse much in that regard. However, I feel like my overall control/speed/precision with the ergonomic mouse in everyday usage is just as good as with a non-ergonomic mouse.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
How often do you guys have to change your mice? I've been through 3 logitech mice in the past 6 years or so. So I just got a cheapo "gaming" mouse this time. Watch it last 5 years.
As for what failed, the first one started double clicking, while the 2nd and 3rd would randomly disconnect for a second. Guess that would be the cable?

Well isn't Logitech factory warranty like 3 years? You could get new ones if those failed. And my last mouse CM Storm Sentinel Advance lasted like 6 years before I replaced it with G502. Mainly because scroll wasn't that good anymore, but I still use that Sentinel at work (I couldn't use standard office mouse XD).

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still using this Logitech G9X that I got years ago. Best mouse I've ever used in my entire life. I will be crushed when it stops working.

aFNHkyX.jpg

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Well isn't Logitech factory warranty like 3 years? You could get new ones if those failed. And my last mouse CM Storm Sentinel Advance lasted like 6 years before I replaced it with G502. Mainly because scroll wasn't that good anymore, but I still use that Sentinel at work (I couldn't use standard office mouse XD).
Hmm the last two were bought at the same time in late 2013 (they were cheap G400 on sale) so I don't know if I could have sent them in. I really should care more about that, but I'm damn lucky with electronics. Most just keep working until I replace them because they are outdated.
The first one (G500) was quite a bit more expensive, but I don't remember exactly when it started failing. Says I bought it early 2012.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
How often do you guys have to change your mice?

I used Logitech MX 518 for over 10 years (wheel was broken for some time, but in the end the buttons stopped working as well) and I switched a couple years ago to whatever was the most similar mouse I could find (Logitech G403 I think). I like this one too.

Also holy shit I just read that MX 518 is making a comeback as Legendary edition. Time to stock up.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone played Outcast - Second Contact? Its the deal of the day at Chrono.gg. As someone who has never played the original but loves janky RPGs (Elex, Risen, ect.) is it worth a playthrough?

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The Greek setting is really tempting me for AC Odyssey, but I could never get Origins to run well even on my 1080Ti. It felt like regardless of the settings it would run at 45-50 FPS with some pretty severe drops here and there not triggered by anything noticeable. Anyone else share this, and is Odyssey similar at all?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
The Greek setting is really tempting me for AC Odyssey, but I could never get Origins to run well even on my 1080Ti. It felt like regardless of the settings it would run at 45-50 FPS with some pretty severe drops here and there not triggered by anything noticeable. Anyone else share this, and is Odyssey similar at all?

What's your CPU? Both Origins and Odyssey are very CPU heavy.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Did some one say Goblins?

I think I am going to try to give that Beserk Musou game a try

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I've had one of these beauties for at least 6 years now. It refuses to die.

They are incredibly CPU bound.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
The feature to remove games permanently (well, you can restore them) from your account is very useful. Got rid off a lot of bundle trash :D

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What's your CPU? Both Origins and Odyssey are very CPU heavy.
I've had one of these beauties for at least 6 years now. It refuses to die.

They are incredibly CPU bound.
I have a new i7-8700k, and I tried turning down some of the more CPU-heavy settings like NPC density but the performance was still never perfect.

I'll have to play with it in Origins some more and do some more troubleshooting.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Anyone played Outcast - Second Contact? Its the deal of the day at Chrono.gg. As someone who has never played the original but loves janky RPGs (Elex, Risen, ect.) is it worth a playthrough?
I played it earlier in the year on PS4 and enjoyed it, though potentially some of that is nostalgia with the original game, one of the first games of its scope that I played back in its day. If you're tempted I'd say go for it, though be aware that, while it's had decent patch support to clear up issues with the original release, there are still a few unresolved bugs that aren't going to be fixed.

I've recently seen www.gamivo.com start to be recommended (on other sites, not here on resetera) for cheap prices on keys for certain games. From a quick look, would I be right in thinking that it's following a similar model to G2A, Kinguin, etc., so probably best avoided?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Road Redemption ? How is it? Worthy successor to Road Rash?

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I played it earlier in the year on PS4 and enjoyed it, though potentially some of that is nostalgia with the original game, one of the first games of its scope that I played back in its day. If you're tempted I'd say go for it, though be aware that, while it's had decent patch support to clear up issues with the original release, there are still a few unresolved bugs that aren't going to be fixed.

Thanks, I think I will pick it up. Almost at the all time low price.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Bought DQXI recently, but it will be a bit before I get to it... When Steam patches a game does it replace files that don't match up? For example, if I install the music mod now and the game gets patched in the mean time, will it erase the music mod?

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here is playing new games and I'm replaying Baldur's Gate 2.

Just finished beating every challenge while still only in act 2.
Didn't even cheese Demogorgon, beat it fair.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
DQXI is mostly in a single 25GB archive. So if they ever have to patch that, then it would break the mod assuming it changes that one archive.

That said, I'm not sure there ever will be any patches, or if they'll ever touch anything beyond the executable.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Well AC Origins is nearly unplayable with a 4690k @ 4.5ghz + 1080 + 16gb. My CPU is 100% load on 2+ cores at all times :(

It stutters regularly and while I've been able to minimize that the load times are frequent/long and any populated area is full of low LOD NPCs that sometimes don't load in for up to 5 mins, including quest NPCs, and cutscenes are sometimes delayed for up to a minute when interacting with them.

Should I even bother with Odyssey (which looks more interesting) or am I wasting my time? This PC does fine or better in all but maybe a half a dozen games, if that

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
Well AC Origins is nearly unplayable with a 4690k @ 4.5ghz + 1080 + 16gb. My CPU is 100% load on 2+ cores at all times :(

It stutters regularly and while I've been able to minimize that the load times are frequent/long and any populated area is full of low LOD NPCs that sometimes don't load in for up to 5 mins, including quest NPCs, and cutscenes are sometimes delayed for up to a minute when interacting with them.

Should I even bother with Odyssey (which looks more interesting) or am I wasting my time? This PC does fine or better in all but maybe a half a dozen games, if that

https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-origins-pc-performance-thread.1481/
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Origins

The general consensus seems to be that hitting a solid 60 is real, real hard. Capping at 30 and trying some tweaks might be the best you can do.

Oct 27, 2017
It is and I see what you did there by pretending to not notice that the last update was posted October a year ago. Please give Tale's of Game's the time this game needs to become the best it can possibly be.

There was already a wave of negativity and lots of insults towards the devs were slung over the past few days, and I don't see why that needs to continue. Requesting refunds because it feels like it's taking too long without ever being promised a release date is pretty entitled. Even though it's is all well and good within Kickstarter's terms to pull out this late in the project, it's like ordering dinner and forcing your entire table to leave before the food arrives because one person thinks it's taking too long.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
A graphic tablet stylus is a decent ergonomic choice for those after wrist/hand comfort imo. Can hold it like you would any regular pen and angle makes no difference for mousing. Is light enough as well. Paired with a narrower keyboard (eg: a 60% board) you can align them more closely together.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

I posted about this game before, looks like the plans are to KS it. With what they've shown so far, I definitely want to put down money on this.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017

If you love Risen, then yeah I would say so. I only played the demo of Outcast back in the days and I wasn't a fan of the remake but somehow I kept playing... the game has A LOT of outdated elements like crappy controls, robotic voice dialogue, cheesy 90s sci-fi story and a weird item system, but also some advantages that doesn't really exist in modern games: the world is huge and comes with total freedom, and the game basically doesn't tell you anything so you have to explore and figure out everything yourself. I think that's what kept me playing, that and the awesome looking environments. Note that some problems have been patched since then, it was pretty terrible on launch.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I use one at work, makes more sense given the natural resting position of our arms. I can't imagine using it for gaming though. It's fun watching people try it for the first time when they're at my computer trying to show me something.
I think with enough DPI and time, it could work well for gaming. but you'd never make the jump and be 1-to-1 right away

Oct 25, 2017

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Any Steam mages know if it's possible to disable Steam's JPEG screenshots altogether and capture only the PNG copy? Realized that a decent sized chunk of my system SSD is consumed by lossy screenshots I virtually never delete, use or upload since I only deal with the PNG versions.

Wish it could just keep a list of the filenames of the PNG copies in some XML or something so I could later upload any in JPEG should I want, since I organize them in separate directories.

Status
Not open for further replies.