Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I've indeed heard S&S is pretty good, but its entire aesthetic is an eyesore to me and I never played it due to that. The sequel seems to carry forward the same look unfortunately, so... :x

I don't really mind the Ska Studios grimy sort of look but it was probably a better fit for the Dishwasher/Charlie Murder games.

From what I've seen the sequel does look more polished visually.

I'm currently finishing up the last Blasphemous achievements and that's really up there for me in terms of 'Souls-likes'.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so interested in Citizen Sleeper but partly because I know just about enough to be intrigued. I really hope there's a lot more music to go with it, love the trailer stuff.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Another fine thread, Uzzy.

I managed to spend all of last month continuing to play Elden Ring but also got back into Slay the Spire in a big way.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I certainly wished for this acquisition at some point, b/c Embracer cares a ton about legacy /cult classic IPs.
Both Deus Ex and Legacy of Kain should be in good hands.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
embracer.com

Embracer Group enters into an agreement to acquire Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix Montréal amongst other assets - Embracer Group

Embracer Group AB (”Embracer”) has entered into an agreement to acquire the development studios Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montréal, and a catalogue of IPs including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain and more than 50 back-catalogue games from SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS...
Embracer gonna make their own pc storefront aren't they

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
embracer.com

Embracer Group enters into an agreement to acquire Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix Montréal amongst other assets - Embracer Group

Embracer Group AB (”Embracer”) has entered into an agreement to acquire the development studios Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montréal, and a catalogue of IPs including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain and more than 50 back-catalogue games from SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS...

I didn't see that coming, not for $300 million but it's Square so anything is possible.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Volition's Sleeping Dogs? I don't think they're the ones for the job.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of Deadcraft until now.

Could be pretty awesome if it lives up to the premise.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a reboot or a continuation of Mankind divided , the motherfuckers left us on a cliffhanger .

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news. What a great start of the week.

Edit: false alarm? Regardless, better Embracer than Square. I did not see any chance for another entry under them.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They just asked about Sleeping Dogs on the call and it wasn't answered. But Embracer bought more IP than it was mentioned in press releases.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's not happening. The quote is out of context, and they were talking about making Deus Ex HR.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So who owns the IP then?

Squeenix does. It also owns Just Cause, Life is Strange, and Outriders. I think they mean it's an IP associated with a third-party development partner and therefore may not be included in the sale. That's certainly a possibility, but the Sleeping Dogs IP has been dormant since the remaster released all the way back in 2014, so I'll be surprised if it's not part of the deal.

I assume we'll get a full list of acquired IPs when the deal has closed, which Embracer expects to happen at some point during its FYQ2 (July-September).

Late edit: The more I think about, Squeenix keeping the IPs that have historically been associated with an external development partner (the aforementioned four, Hitman, etc.) would make sense, since it is keeping its western publishing business intact (although I can see Sleeping Dogs being let go on account of United Front no longer existing). Hitman is an interesting situation, as Squeenix stopped publishing new entries and nowadays just licenses the IP to IO, and neither Squeenix nor Embracer mentioned it in their respective press releases, so it's hard to say where it'll probably end up. Time will tell, I suppose.

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Squeenix does. It also owns Just Cause, Life is Strange, and Outriders. I think they mean it's an IP associated with a third-party development partner and therefore may not be included in the sale. That's certainly a possibility, but the Sleeping Dogs IP has been dormant since the remaster released all the way back in 2014, so I'll be surprised if it's not part of the deal.

I assume we'll get a full list of acquired IPs when the deal has closed, which Embracer expects to happen at some point during its FYQ2 (July-September).

Hmm yeah maybe it's part of the back-catalogue games, I guess we'll know in the future.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
embracer.com

Wait what

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Square can use the cash infusion to finally release TLR Remastered on PC?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who currently has entries from both series installed, Deus Ex AND Thief returning to prominence with great games would transform me into a being of pure joy.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wanted MS to buy them just because that would mean that there would be possibility for Deus Ex and Thief from Arkane XD

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
that's alright, I feel the same way about Deus Ex you fuckers!

Yeah, another thing I guess I can agree with. Make something new. Although how much of Deus Ex was tied to a single writer making it work together? Did think the first of the new ones was really good even if it could have been it's own series at this point.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great thread as always Uzzy! Not much I wanna get this month, which I thought would be a good time to chip away at all the games that are sitting in my library unplayed. But then my friend got me into Deep Rock Galactic lol! The game is super addicting and fun to play with friends and other people.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So Dark souls series is not on sale in an event with souls like category. Hmm. Maybe they haven't updated it yet.

I was hoping for this sale as they were not on sale for golden week sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.