Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I feel bad for the mods too lmao. Those threads will become graveyards.

Meanwhile, we'll be chilling.

giphy.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
We should maybe take it down a notch with the metacommentary so we (and especially our ever pleasant Uzzy) don't have to deal with a long notice in our threads.

Plus, we'll be deep in it a few weeks from now when all the new excloosies from Epic get announced :')

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, that was my fault.

Anyway, I just started Halo 4 for the first time. I was a bit concerned this game would have bad gameplay because I assumed without Bungie it would play worse than the previous games. I played the first 40 mins or so and I'm a bit suprised, it's not bad at all.

I don't like how over designed his armour is in this one though.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my God, I finally started Subnautica after owning it forever and 7 hours in this might be one of the best games I've played.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
modified my work keyboard with Gateron Yellows, much easier on the hands now with SA keycaps.

While the original Kaihua Box Jade were really nice and satisfying they did wearout your hands quite quickly.

FdYAITX.jpg

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
modified my work keyboard with Gateron Yellows, much easier on the hands now with SA keycaps.

While the original Kaihua Box Jade were really nice and satisfying they did wearout your hands quite quickly.

FdYAITX.jpg

That's a beautiful looking 60%.

Using Gateron Browns On a GK61X myself. Takes some getting used to without the arrow keys but man it's amazing.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What makes your screen sometimes flicker through modes when alt-tabbing out of a game and sometimes not?

For instance, sometimes when I play flight simulator in full screen I can alt-tab and it immediately goes to desktop. Other times it will make my TV flicker one or two times to get back to desktop.

I'm not changing anything in the graphics settings... it just seems to randomly behave one way or another.

I really want to get the behavior of just going directly to desktop as I'm constantly alt-tabbing back and forth when playing flight sim to access charts and whatnot.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Hellblade. Didn't expect it to be this good tbh. Loved the story, characters, and acting, especially.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just love Brigador. Is there anything else like it on Steam? It's such a wholesome game with an awesome soundtrack, graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. The only game remotely similar I can think of is SYNTHETIK which I also really like.
What makes your screen sometimes flicker through modes when alt-tabbing out of a game and sometimes not?

For instance, sometimes when I play flight simulator in full screen I can alt-tab and it immediately goes to desktop. Other times it will make my TV flicker one or two times to get back to desktop.

I'm not changing anything in the graphics settings... it just seems to randomly behave one way or another.

I really want to get the behavior of just going directly to desktop as I'm constantly alt-tabbing back and forth when playing flight sim to access charts and whatnot.
Normally when the game uses another resolution than your Desktop. Did you check that? It might also be a game related thing like how it renders or whatever. Also try borderless window/fullscreen options depending on the game.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I just love Brigador. Is there anything else like it on Steam? It's such a wholesome game with an awesome soundtrack, graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. The only game remotely similar I can think of is SYNTHETIK which I also really like.
Perhaps:

There is also a new Brigador being made so you should wishlist:

Also a new Synthetik btw:
store.steampowered.com

SYNTHETIK 2 on Steam

SYNTHETIK 2 is a bold continuation of SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising. Fight a world overrun by the relentless Machine Legion. Experience the next level in gun-play and upgrade yourself beyond measure to rival their Gods. Can you defeat the Heart of Armageddon?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps:

There is also a new Brigador being made so you should wishlist:

Also a new Synthetik btw:
store.steampowered.com

SYNTHETIK 2 on Steam

SYNTHETIK 2 is a bold continuation of SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising. Fight a world overrun by the relentless Machine Legion. Experience the next level in gun-play and upgrade yourself beyond measure to rival their Gods. Can you defeat the Heart of Armageddon?

Thanks, I know these. Didn't like Ruiner and Jydge. I know about Synthetik 2 but I can't even beat the first game, lol. Brigador 2 is already wishlist. I'd wish EA would remake the Crusader games :(

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I know these. Didn't like Ruiner and Jydge. I know about Synthetik 2 but I can't even beat the first game, lol. Brigador 2 is already wishlist. I'd wish EA would remake the Crusader games :(

Renegade Ops maybe? Not exactly like Brigador but it's good regardless.

Brigador feel very inspired by the old Strike games to me (Desert Strike/Jungle/Urban strike etc) maybe with some Future Cop LAPD thrown in but those are all old, and I don't think even (legally) available.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
If these are Steam numbers I cant even imagine not Steam numbers as I assume majority are non-steam. Also too pricey for me in Canada so I am holding off, I have the originals.
They're decent numbers for a remaster, but not that great for a AAA release.

And EA hasn't been on Steam for any modern AAA launch yet, so the comparisons here don't actually reveal anything.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
They're decent numbers for a remaster, but not that great for a AAA release.

And EA hasn't been on Steam for any modern AAA launch yet, so the comparisons here don't actually reveal anything.

Kinda this, I'm sure it did fine though, it's still a popular franchise despite them fumbling it pretty hard.

And even if they did some work on it, It also clearly didn't cost them nearly as much as a AAA game.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Started RDR2 last night.

Heh, I like Arthur Morgan so far. He's a real asshole compared to how Marston was a dim witted heart of gold.

(I love John, just appreciate the contrast)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Started RDR2 last night.

Heh, I like Arthur Morgan so far. He's a real asshole compared to how Marston was a dim witted heart of gold.

(I love John, just appreciate the contrast)

John is even bigger a-hole in RDR2 than Arthur. But it grows to John from RDR during the game. RDR2 is amazing regarding characters and their development.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Shit...I think any chance I had of doing an evil/dishonorable playthrough in RDR2 died when little Jack called me "Uncle Arthur".

I am defeated.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to make Origin NOT start on startup? I set it to not start on startup in task manager and it ignores that setting.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
SamSho is more than dead on arrival.

They might as well delay it even more, releasing so close to Strive is going to kill it even more than launching late.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Great, SOMA scared me off of playing horror games.

😔

I like the aesthetics of horror, I guess, but damn, the actual horror is a turn-off, ahahahahaha.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone playing the Legendary Edition, one of the must have mods for ME2 has already been recreated.

www.nexusmods.com

LEME2 - Allow All Weapons - SCR - FOV - Toggle HUD

This Mass Effect 2 (LE Edition) edit allows you to use all weapons on your Shepard, no matter the class you pick! Update: now with merged files for SCR, FOV and NO HUD!

Sure, it just required editing some lines in the ini file, but still. I haven't bought the collection yet, but if the file structure is the same, you'll be able to edit in the bonus weapons in the same manner and do the same to party member loadouts.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious: are there any "horror games" that aren't so... horrifying?

I find that horror games in point & click adventure or visual novel genre are less horrifying in a good way. Probably because you're not directly controlling your characters, and you're still reading a lot of texts, so it just feels like reading a good horror novel that lets your own imagination to 'tweak' how horrifying it could be.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I find that horror games in point & click adventure or visual novel genre are less horrifying in a good way. Probably because you're not directly controlling your characters, and you're still reading a lot of texts, so it just feels like reading a good horror novel that lets your own imagination to 'tweak' how horrifying it could be.
Damn... That doesn't appease me. I want a horror game, just not the horror, as funny as that sounds.

How's Mundaun compared to something like, say, SOMA?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Ten years today since Witcha 2 came out. Remember when that was the graphical stand out?

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
The Witcher 2 with DSR is an absolute treat! That's the way I did it when I shifted from a 9800GT to my current GTX1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.